Equipment Brand Hats- Do You Need The Gear?

glennQNYC

Reaction score
Do you find it acceptable to wear a hat/cap with an equipment logo from a brand that is not represented in your bag?

Do you find it acceptable to wear a hat/cap with an equipment logo from a brand that is not represented in your bag?

yes because those Titleist caps with the mesh are AWESOME

Yes, It doesn't bother me at all. At the moment my hat of choice is a Titleist (with the magnetic ball marker). I do play Titleist irons and wedges though.

I also have Nike, Ping and Callaway hats though

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. You might like the way the hat looks or how it feels.....whatever. Heck it is not like sponsorships where the player is paid for representing a brand. The hat is out there to be sold without restriction. You pay for the hat.....you get to wear it.

Nothing wrong with it, but like to have something in the bag that is on the head. Really digging the THP and Srixon hats right now!

I think its OK but not preferable. I use a Bridgestone hat and bag and use the balls and thats it, no clubs.

Personally I don't believe it matters. If the hat fits and you like the looks, who cares what the logo is?

i think a branded hat same your bag is a must have piece of equipment

My personal preference is to wear hats that do not have any brand logos. More often than not a standard logo golf cap that I want to wear out there in either excessive heat or in rain or in cold is not going to offer me maximum comfort or protection and that is all I want from a hat on the golf course. I have a couple that have brand logos but I just never get around to wearing them.

If a cap fits well, it doesn't matter if you have any of that brand in or on your bag. As long as it color coordinates with what you are wearing, all is good.

Yup, no issues there

I wear Nike 20XI hats because they fit me really well. I've only had 1 Nike club in the bag and it was short lived.

Tap before talk.

I tend to wear hats from clubs/courses I have played or hats that have other meaning to me; places I have visited, projects my kids have worked on, teams (Red Sox, Pats) or others I have received as gifts.

But I would have no problem wearing a cap form a company I do not otherwise support.

Only wear a WilsonStaff hat for me....

I find it acceptable. Especially since most my hats were gifts and not returnable. The manufacturer may differ though as my game is surely not what they have in mind. Honestly I feel more self conscious wearing matching gear than not. Too many years of ski-bumming where we would absolutely haze the poser/wannabes. Once again just my opinion.

P.S. Until Kenworth makes clubs I'll always be mismatched as I got one of their hats as a fave right now.

Last edited:
I have a couple of callaway and cleveland hats and have none of that gear in the bag at the moment.... but you never know when that could change! I see no problem with it.

I don't have any equipment hats right now, I can't find one I like. I do wear hats from TPC Myrtle beach and Myrtle beach national courses and I'm a few states away from those courses. This reminds me I need to get an Augusta national hat sometime this year.

I have a taylormade hat and only 1 club of that brand but I guess it does not matter,I mean do you look at the hat and clubs and make a judgment based on looks? I know I have,guy in all the gear matching and shot 100+ easily,guy with a mismatched set and no clothes co-ordinated promptly shot a 73 and gave me a lesson on judging a book by it's cover!

I don't think you need the gear, because most people aren't going to check. I just buy what I think looks good (which typically isn't what my wife thinks looks good). I'm somewhere in the middle though. I bought a new Taylormade white visor this year, because I wanted a white visor. The only visors they had at the store were R11 visors. I bought it, and I wear it frequently. However, I don't own any R11 equipment.

I always see if the hat one is wearing corresponds with what equipment they are playing. I only wear hats that represent what I play..titleist, mizuno, cleveland and bridgestone.

Yes, It doesn't bother me at all. At the moment my hat of choice is a Titleist (with the magnetic ball marker). I do play Titleist irons and wedges though.

I also have Nike, Ping and Callaway hats though

Same here...

I just moved over to a Scotty Cameron visor. If Titleist had a Magnetic ball marker visor with the Red Sox logo on it, that would be my gamer...

I don't. But I rarely wear a Ping hat either.

I wear Titleist hats because they fit great and I can get them with a NCAA or MLB team logos on them. I only have a Titleist 52* in my bag that I've only hit twice on the course. It will probably be gone by the end of the season and replaced with another Cleveland that I hit much better. I wear Nike and I have a Nike bag but I do not currently hit any Nike clubs so I don't think it makes a difference. I'm not brand loyal but I am loyal to what works.

Can you wear a clothing cap if you don't wear any of their other clothes? (Like a Sligo cap but you didn't dress in Sligo apparel that day)

Or does the cap count as clothing at that point?

O yeah! I have no problem rocking a gear on my hat that isn't represented in my bag. If it matches and is comfortable I'll rock it. :D

Back