Search results for query: *

1. Badger_Golfer

Anyone ever done a mid-life career change?

Hello all. So, for the last 25 years Ive worked various job in manufacturing. Ive built semi trailers, Ive build generators and power washers and for the last 12 years Ive worked in automotive manufacturing. Over the last few years, Ive grown increasingly unhappy with that life. I have the...
  2. Badger_Golfer

I played Pebble Beach

Good afternoon, all. My wife and I recently visited some friends and family in San Francisco and while there I had the chance to play Del Monte and Pebble Beach. We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay and it was everything that you'd expect from a bucket list course. No expense is spared and you...
  3. Badger_Golfer

Thinking about dropping driver

So, I run a minimalist setup. My current setup is driver, 3H, 6i, 8i, PW, SW and putter. Im thinking about dropping my driver and adding a 3-wood. The reason for that is because my driver is a bit of a one trick pony in that I can really only hit it off of the tee. Im thinking that if I swap...
  4. Badger_Golfer

Whats so great about the people at Callaway?

Forgive my ignorance here but I see so many times when people talk about Callaway and why they choose to support or use Callaway products that they do it partly because of how great the people behind Callaway are. So much question is, why and whats so great about them?
  5. Badger_Golfer

Loft vs tech

It has often been said in regards to loft jacking that with today's modern heads, they launch so much that you almost have to jack lofts just so that they wont baloon. Well, Crossfield did a recent test where he took a blade and a player's CB that were of similar lofts and the results were...
  6. Badger_Golfer

2nd best Callaway ball?

So, assuming that money is no object, Id say that most would agree that the Chrome Soft is the, "best" Callaway ball. What is the 2nd best though, if someone didnt want to use the Chrome Soft? Super Soft? Superhot? The Superhot has kind of caught my eye recently because its a 3-piece distance...
  7. Badger_Golfer

Do you get wedges in different finishes or all the same?

I recently started getting my wedges in different finishes so that its easier to tell them apart in my bag. I recently bought a couple new Ping Glide wedges and I got the 52 in stealth and the 56 in hydropearl chrome. I find it easier to grab the wedge that I want when they dont look the same.
  8. Badger_Golfer

Have you ever gone back to an old club?

So, about 8 or 9 years ago, I bought an Odyssey DART blade putter. I love the putter at first for how easy it was to aim but at the time, I was still at the height of my Mizuno fandom and wanted a Mizuno putter, so I traded in the DART. It was for me, one of those clubs that I sold but always...
  9. Badger_Golfer

Faldo says driver size should be reduced

An interesting read: https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/should-the-driver-size-be-reduced-faldo-speaks-out-and-twitter-reacts-195568 No surprise to anyone here but Im with him. I play persimmons from time to time and with a 190cc driver you really have to focus on hitting the center of the...
  10. Badger_Golfer

Golf Sidekick

Anyone else ever heard of this Youtube channel called, "Golf Sidekick". The guy posts videos about playing smart golf, the mental side of the game and course management. Ive watched a few of his videos, I like his style and I like how he teaches getting the ball in the fairway, getting the...
  11. Badger_Golfer

Luxury headcovers?

Lately Ive been looking at some of the headcovers from companies like Seamus and Dormie Workshop. They have some really cool designs, I especially like Dormie's, "stay calm and hit bombs" with the A10 warthog paint scheme design on it and the, "keep calm and putt on" putter cover. I love the...
  12. Badger_Golfer

Be tall to the ball?

Yesterday I went in for a driver fitting and the fitter offered me a swing tip that I want to see what everyone thinks. He told me that I bend over too much and that I should try to stand taller when I address the ball. He said that if I were to stand in front of a huge clock, my spine angle...
  13. Badger_Golfer

Rejecting the modern game

So, recently I picking up an old A.G. Spalding putter at an antique store. I actually though it was a hickory at first but when I got it home I noticed that it had a pyratone shaft (steel with a chemical coating to make it look like wood). I thought that putter was kind of cool, so I decided to...
  14. Badger_Golfer

Jeep Owners: Talk to me

So, as someone who had driven trucks all his life until the last 10 years or so when I had a Camry and currently an Accord, Im thinking about getting an SUV because I miss it. My problem is that I dont really like some of the more carlike SUVs like the Escape, CR-V and RAV4 and I dont need...
  15. Badger_Golfer

If you could change 1 rule about golf, what would it be?

So last weekend, my wife is watching the PGA with me (shes not a huge golf fan but she knows I love it and watches the majors with me sometimes) and out of the blue, she asks me, "if you could change 1 rule, what would you change? Honestly, I had to think about it for a minute. What I came up...
  16. Badger_Golfer

How well does your SO know golf?

Last night at work I was thinking this would be a fun game, so here goes: How well does your signifigant other know golf? Ive come up with a quick series of questions to help gauge how well he/she knows that game: How many golf companies can you name? (clubs, balls, shoes, clothing) How many...
  17. Badger_Golfer

Seemore FGP Bronze

Im looking for some feedback on this putter. Today at Golfsmith, I tried a standard FGP and really liked it and am considering picking one up in the bronze. When I first started playing golf, I gamed a Titleist Bullseye and loved the feel of it. How does the feel of the bronze compare to the...
  18. Badger_Golfer

Medalist Grips

Anybody tried the Medalist grips at Golfsmith? I had a Medalist grip put on my putter and I really like it. I liked the price even more, I think it costs something like $4 (and Im a member of their Clubvantage program, so the grip was half off and installation was free). I see their other...
  19. Badger_Golfer

Thinking about going with a black glove

I'm thinking about getting a black golf glove. I've heard some say they're a bit poserish unless you have some serious game but I think they look awesome. Thoughts?
  20. Badger_Golfer

How often do you replace your putter grip?

Im sure that we all change the grips on the rest of our clubs at least once a season, some of us probably several times a season but how often do you change your putter grip? Ive bought quite a few older putters off of Ebay and its amazing what difference a new grip will make in making an old...
Back