Search results for query: *

1. M

Ecco 2018 Biom Hybrid 3 GTX

Does anyone have a pair of these shoes? I'm thinking about picking up a pair as I need a new pair of golf shoes! I'd be curious to the comfort level, waterproofing, durability, whether the gortex stains like the old yak leather, etc. I'd appreciate any feedback.
  2. M

Women's Putters

Played with my mom on Mother's day and her putter desperately needs to be replaced. She plays regularly and is pretty good. Problem is she isn't willing to go out and find new clubs, but now she wants my help picking out a new putter. I've started looking and there just aren't many women's...
  3. M

Putting. Getting back to basics

For most of my golf life I have been a great putter while the rest of my game struggled. The last few years I've worked so hard on the rest of my game that I've almost forgotten how to putt and it's become somewhat of a struggle for me. I've gone through about 5 putters in a year. But, I'm...
  4. M

SAM PuttLab Putter Fitting

Well, after a summer full of inconsistent putting, switching putters, and lacking any sort of consistent confidence on the greens my buddy suggested that I find one putter and stick with it for the long haul. So I decided that in order for me to stick with one putter I should probably get it...
  5. M

UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES Wood Shaft

Just a quick nod to UST for this shaft that's received almost no publicity. Love at first sight ... maybe. I'm not a shaft expert, but this is my 4th driver shaft of the year because I can't find any consistency. First shaft - too low of launch, Second shaft - tip was way too stiff, Third...
  6. M

Bad weather/Cold weather golf

Guys - just thinking -- I live in the northern part of the United States and fortunately but unfortunately play quite a bit of cold weather or bad weather golf. I consider cold weather anything less than 50 degrees at a high temperature. I've played in below freezing temps before. Bad weather...
  7. M

Best place to buy engagement ring?

Gents/Ladies - Starting to think about where to buy an engagement ring. The online retailer, James Allen, seems to be the #1 option for me right now based on my research. I'm hearing Blue Nile is very similar but I haven't looked into them yet. I know that the big box stores are overpriced...
  8. M

Longest ball off the tee

Just thinking - I play in a lot of scrambles and always want to bust one off the tee, then switch to my regular golf ball for all the other shots. By your experience what is the longest golf ball of the tee?
  9. M

Cables + Internet Packages

I'm about to lose my mind with the cost of cable + internet packages. Comcast just went up to $147 a month for an average cable plan (140 channels) plus decent internet. They don't even have wireless boxes yet! I can't cut the cord because I have to have my sports. What are you guys doing...
  10. M

WTB: Odyssey O-Works Tank #7 Putter

Looking to buy the newest version of the Tank line. Willing to buy it used or new. Odyssey O-Works Tank #7 Putter. Thanks.
  11. M

Gripping the golf club

I'm right handed. My left hand is set up perfectly on the golf club, but my right hand is in a very strong position. I'm seriously considering moving my right hand into a neutral position because my golf has gone to crap this year. My problem is I hit the ball too low. I can't hit the ball...
  12. M

I have a plan to hit it higher....then longer

Ok, I'm 6'2, athletic, strong but I'm a wimp off the tee compared to most of my friends with similar ability. My first problem is that I'm an extreme low-baller. Anything downhill or straight away with no trouble, I'm golden. But anything uphill or that requires a carry I'm doomed. I'm...
  13. M

choking/shortening a 3-wood

There's been a lot of conversation about choking down or shortening drivers, but has anyone discussed the idea of choking down or shortening their 3-wood. I got a new 3-wood this year and at full length I seem to chunk the thing half the time. But, when I choke it down it's pure 90% of the...
  14. M

WTB: 2013 Scotty Cameron Select Golo 5 (black)

Looking for a 2013 Scotty Cameron Select Golo 5 in black.
  15. M

Putter Grips

Alright Ladies and Gents - need some assistance here. Looking to replace a couple putter grips. I'm kind of "old school" in that I don't like the newer fatter grip technology. I like a more standard or traditional feel. What are the best grips out there for me? Thanks!
  16. M

Vegas, baby!

Heading to Vegas this weekend, first time I've been there in about 7 years. I'm sure it's changed a ton. Bringing along my girlfriend and another couple, all of which have never been to Vegas. We won't be golfing. Heard the mob museum downtown is pretty cool and zip lining downtown is fun...
  17. M

Heavy Putters

For 25 years of my golfing life I gamed a lighter blade/anser style putter head and always putted pretty well. Three years ago someone let me touch their Odyssey Tank #7, which is very heavy, and the rest is history. I bought this putter on eBay before I got to the next tee box. I love this...
  18. M

Footjoy Pro/Sl - opinions

I'm looking to buy one more pair of golf shoes for the upcoming season. I've been seeing a lot of ads for the Footjoy Pro/SL line and finding good reviews. Has anyone tried this line of FJ's? Thoughts?
  19. M

Buying 2 drivers .. anyone ever do this?

Yea - so I got a little greedy and couldn't decide between the Callaway Epic SZ and Taylormade M1 so I went ahead and bought both of them. My plan is to test them side by side at the range and on the course and eventually eliminate one of them. My only fear is that I'll pick one and then...
  20. M

New to the Forum from Michigan

Hello Everyone, I'm a new user on this forum, but can't say I'm unfamiliar with THP. I can't count how many times I've been seeking advice and came to find the answer on THP. So, I figured it was time to finally join! Anyways, I'm from the great state of Michigan. It's currently a balmy 4...
Back