Search results for query: *

1. Dazinkster

Funny/Comedy Shot Names

I searched for a similar thread but found none...anyway, I stumbled across these while browsing t'internet. Made me laugh so I thought I'd share: A Diego Maradonna - Nasty little five footer. A Paula Radcliffe - Ugly, but a good runner. A Kate Winslett - A bit fat but otherwise perfect A...
  2. Dazinkster

No Golf for 3 months - Fractured Back

:crying: Absolutly Gutted!! I fractured a vertebrae today whilst playing American Football, trucked a DB but obv caught things slightly wrong and hurt my back. The good news is that it's not too serious so there'll be no lasting damage...but still gutted I'll be out for so long. Just as my...
  3. Dazinkster

Manor House - Wiltshire, UK (Nr. Bath)

Played this course on Saturday http://www.manorhousegolf.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE_HOTELS/the_club.aspx I got a book for Christmas listing all the top "championship" courses in the UK. This little gem was in it and when I found they had a special winter deal on for only £30 per round I had to give it a...
  4. Dazinkster

Putting Drills

Hi Andy, I was wondering what your favourite putting drills are that you use for practice. As I realised I don't really know any and I feel like this section of my game could be key to my progress this season. Thanks PS. I read the thread below about the mirror and getting eyes over the ball...
  5. Dazinkster

Swing Video - Thoughts/Advice?

Here's a few shots from my 7 iron in the net: EzdKjTxdGlM Me and my pro are currently working on getting everything on plane and keeping the swing short/compact, I naturally used to come over the top quite a bit. Therefore, to obtain a neutral ball flight he's asking me to really rotate my hips...
  6. Dazinkster

Thinking about changng putters

Hey guys, I've been having thoughts about this so as always figured I'd come here for your thoughts and to act as a sounding board ;) Having only started playing golf last April/May time my initial problem was producing a consistant stroke and therefore hitting the ball where I aimed it was a...
  7. Dazinkster

Monty wants to PLAY again in the Ryder Cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9287706.stm Haha! I mean I'm obv a Euro fan and appreciate he's done a lot to contribute to previous Ryder Cups, however, surely he can't get back to the level required to compete with the current crop of youngsters coming through. Still, I guess everyone...
  8. Dazinkster

Wolf Creek, Mesquite, NV

Here's a link to a load of pics: http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy323/Dazinkster/Wolf%20Creek%20Golf%20-%20Sept%202010/ Pic upon entry We played Wolf Creek back in September this year, unfortunately it was just after their overseeding and the white (Masters) tees were the furthest back we...
  9. Dazinkster

Playing out of "lush" rough

Right, so I'm just about entering my first ever winter season of golf. As you may have guessed from the title I'm having trouble playing out of the thick stuff. As it rains a fair bit in the UK the rough is now all juicy and thick. In particular I'm having trouble judging how far shots will go...
  10. Dazinkster

Camo Golf Balls

Anyone seen these before? http://www.stupid.com/fun/CAMO.html
  11. Dazinkster

Laser Range Finder - Help Please

As some may have seen I've got a fair bit of cash to spend in the pro shop. I'm thinking of getting a laser range finder as I'm a massive "yardage" golfer. I like to know that I've got for example 148 yards to go...therefore its a 7 iron with a slight grip down etc... Anyway, what one should I...
  12. Dazinkster

Just won my first ever comp!

Wooooo! So happy right now! It was a 9 hole stableford off the back tees open to anyone that won a mid-week qualifier over the summer. I shot level par gross over 9 holes...and that was after starting double bogey, bogey. So a final stableford score of 26 points, pretty much the best I've ever...
  13. Dazinkster

Range Target Driving - (Series of awesome shots)

Just thought I'd share this with you guys as I couldn't quite believe it earlier (neither could me mates)... Anyway, me and 2 friends went down the range. I was testing out my new clubs, one of which was my re-shafted R9 Super Tri. I was pretty pleased with how I was swinging all session (both...
  14. Dazinkster

Rules Question - Hitting Aiming/Marker Posts

Right, a playing partner had an interesting scenario come up a few weeks back that I am hoping you guys will be able to help with. My course has a few blind driving holes, therefore there are big 6ft+ red and white aiming posts at the top of the crests (I'm sure you know the sort). Anyway, my...
  15. Dazinkster

My Swing - Thoughts Welcome

Thought I'd venture into the whole recording swing and posting it up thing. As I've mentioned in other threads, I've been playing since late April and tbh I'm very very happy with this current swing compared to where I started. Thoughts welcome please. I have my own thoughts but I'll let you...
  16. Dazinkster

Club Fitting Question and "IPAC" Accreditation

Recently I've been searching for some new clubs (irons in partcular) and found a Mizuno accredited fitting centre. They seemed to know what they were doing and gave me a specification. Recently, while getting my Eidolon wedges I was contacted by an independant fitter who was charged with...
  17. Dazinkster

Anyone had any experience with KZG equipment?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has played with this equipment and if its as good as it sounds? http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=588&page=31349 I ask because during the process of getting my custom Eidolon wedges I've come into contact with a "proper" custom club...
  18. Dazinkster

New Irons Choice - Help Please

Hey guys, I'm hoping to get some decent opinions here, feel free to discuss/reccomend away :D I'm officially a 17 handicap, but my mates make me play off 12 because that's more realistic. I only hit 1-2 "duff" shots every couple of rounds i.e. 90% of my iron shots are good strikes so I consider...
  19. Dazinkster

Hello From Across the Pond (Birmingham, UK)

Hey guys, I read quite a few reviews on the site so figured I'd sign up to the forums. I'm a 23 yr old PhD student at Birmigham uni and have played loads of sports in my life. Just recently I got back into golf (about 8-10 weeks ago). Handicap is currently at 17 but 7 of my last 8 rounds have...
Back