Search results for query: *

1. Spaceman_Spiff

Traithlons?

Any one here train for or compete in Triathlons? I figured this should go in this genre as I am now but its definitely a "Hobby" event for myself. My wife and I just signed up to run in our first 5k together. She's run a few marathons, half marathons, 10k's and 5k's before. But this will be...
  2. Spaceman_Spiff

A Re-Introduction

Hello All, Spaceman_Spiff here, back after a near 2 year hiatus. Many things changed in my personal life in that time span but Golf is still a giant part of it all! I've been busy in the golf department, playing in the Denver GolfWeek Am Tour and then the Denver Golf Channel Am Tour and had a...
  3. Spaceman_Spiff

Its been 10 years!

So we're celebrating a couple weeks early because its about to be our busy season for the wife and I. But we celebrated 10 years of marriage yesterday! August 16th is the official day, but like I said, we get VERY busy from August-October. Good times, I'm so thankful for my wife. We have 3...
  4. Spaceman_Spiff

Mizuno JPX-800 My Review

Hey guys, as some of you might know I was the recent and very fortunate winner of the Mizuno Scavenger Hunt and for that I received the following: A very short backstory, went to get "Fit" for the first time since 2002. Hit the Mizuno shaft optimizer and decided to go with the Project X 6.0...
  5. Spaceman_Spiff

Tape under grips?

Hey guys, who out there requests tape under the grips when you get new grips or clubs? How did you come to this conclusion of # of wraps? I only ask because I recently received my new clubs with a "Medium" sized grip. I've never had a different grip size other than the XL or Oversized with my...
  6. Spaceman_Spiff

Can you beat Martin Kaymer BMW contest...

http://www.bmw-golfsport.com/gs_en/martin_kaymer/overview/beat_martin_kaymer Looks like a simple entry form opt in type thingy. Good luck to all who enter!
  7. Spaceman_Spiff

WTB: Titleist 910 swing weight kit or perhaps just the 2gram weight?

Hey Guys, recently purchased the 910 D3 and it only came with the weight in the club, not the whole set... I've looked on ebay and others for the set and the price is a little obnoxious especially because I'm only really interested in the 2gram weight. I've got the wrench and all that good...
  8. Spaceman_Spiff

Hilton Honors win a golf trip!

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/LegendaryGolf2011.aspx?cid=OM,HN,LegendaryGolf,Homepage Appears to be a simple entry for a Hilton Honors account which enters you into the contest.
  9. Spaceman_Spiff

My first Oakley purchase, what are your thoughts on Oakley?

So yesterday at the course, I noticed a 50% off rack. Much to my pleasure I see the Rory McIlroy Black polo with green/yellowy gray horizontal stripes and the course logo monogrammed on the sleeve. I had to have it! This is my first Oakley purchase since a pair of sunglasses 15 years ago...
  10. Spaceman_Spiff

Would you buy or recommend...

Hi Guys, been looking to pull the trigger on a new driver and 3wood. I found a couple I like but think I can build or have built one to my specs for less money. So my question to you all is: Would you buy a shaft or shafts on eBay or anywhere online that has been pulled from another club...
  11. Spaceman_Spiff

My silly weekend...

So I won the JPX-800s on the forum last week, and I've been contemplating selling my gear anyway to get some new gear. Well I sold everything I had (except the C-Tapers and the SeeMore!) Saturday night which left me with nothing to play with... And a friends company tourney Sunday. I had to...
  12. Spaceman_Spiff

FS: KBS C-Tapers Stiff

Hey Guys, I won these shafts on Facebook about a month ago. Was planning on putting them in either some 2.0s or G15s but then was lucky enough to win the Mizuno JPXs and thus no longer need these. They are the brand new KBS C-Tapers Stiff 3-pw with satin finish. As you can see in the...
  13. Spaceman_Spiff

No more 2004 BCS Champ... USC's NC stripped from books.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6632190 OUCH! Now what if tOSU had won any of the 58 BCS Championship games they lost since The Vest has let his players get paid?
  14. Spaceman_Spiff

QODA Golf Bag Naming Contest

http://www.facebook.com/notes/qoda-golf/qoda-golfs-thingamabag-contest-who-wants-to-win-a-quan-stand-bag-check-it-out/10150201173923304 Long and short, submit names to QODA as many as you like (see how at linked page) until Father's Day and if you're name is picked you win that bag!
  15. Spaceman_Spiff

My own personal demo day

So I went to Dicks Sporting Goods to hit some Irons and test the Hirzl glove. Well needless to say I was very disappointed with my trip. (Could probably copy this post into Rant of the day!) I went out seeking to test the Cobra S3 Irons & Driver, TaylorMade Burner 2.0s, R11, Burner SuperFast...
  16. Spaceman_Spiff

PGA Tour Super Store?

So I'm not sure where exactly to put this thread so Mods please feel free to move it... I heard on the radio coming home from work this afternoon that they'll be opening a new PGA Tour Super Store here in the Denver Metro Area (just south of Denver proper) soon. I was wondering as I know there...
  17. Spaceman_Spiff

Winn Grips Giveaway...

http://www.winngrips.com/?event=sweeps.enter Looks like a pretty nice prize pack... Nothing more than a simple entry form.
  18. Spaceman_Spiff

Heading out to play 9 with RonInThornton today!

I thought it'd be funny to post a whole thread about... Though this will be my first time playing with a person I met thanks to THP, Ron has arranged for quite a few of us THPers to gather in a couple weeks here in the Denver Area. Looking forward to it! LOVE THP and the community here...
  19. Spaceman_Spiff

BMW Championship PGA Playoffs return to Cherry Hills

I'm so pumped and its 3 years away! PGA Golf hasn't been back to Denver since "The International" left a few years ago due to lack of sponsorship I believe? http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tournaments/r028/04/12/bmw-cherry-hills/index.html This is going to be awesome! I will definitely be a part...
  20. Spaceman_Spiff

Golf at the Olympics

Hey guys, started reading a thread about america vs. the world and came up about Golf in the olympics might be a better comparison to why there is a drought of US players winning majors. Here is an interesting article that some might have already seen regarding Golf in the Olympics...
Back