No more 2004 BCS Champ... USC's NC stripped from books.

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap
was just about to posts this, can't believe they are still going after them, just imagine what Ohio State has in store for them

This is such horse crap. Take Bush's name off the team and let the rest of the guys who didn't cheat keep the national title. I never get why the NCAA does what it does. I mean if they find a coach has done something wrong they always go after the team and give it sanctions. Coach then quits and goes to another team. Honestly they are the stupidest organization

This is such horse crap. Take Bush's name off the team and let the rest of the guys who didn't cheat keep the national title. I never get why the NCAA does what it does. I mean if they find a coach has done something wrong they always go after the team and give it sanctions. Coach then quits and goes to another team. Honestly they are the stupidest organization

Im sure the rest of the team was clean lol. Most college teams have around 125 players on average; a mix of walk-ons and scholarship players. Out of all that only 1 guy was dirty? Face it, USC cheated and the odds are strong that atleast 1 other player was involved in some sort of College Athletic malfeasance...maybe more.

Im sure the rest of the team was clean lol. Most college teams have around 125 players on average; a mix of walk-ons and scholarship players. Out of all that only 1 guy was dirty? Face it, USC cheated and the odds are strong that atleast 1 other player was involved in some sort of College Athletic malfeasance...maybe more.

1 guy was caught. You could go back to any national champion and find something. They found something on Bush. Take away his ring. Don't punish the 3rd string LB who never cheated out of his ring.

was just about to posts this, can't believe they are still going after them, just imagine what Ohio State has in store for them

Its an absolute must that the NCAA keeps "going after them" in hopes that they can deter anything like this in the future from a host of other school...such as THE Ohio St university.

1 guy was caught. You could go back to any national champion and find something. They found something on Bush. Take away his ring. Don't punish the 3rd string LB who never cheated out of his ring.

He didnt cheat? The NCAA has proof that a member of his team cheated and his head coach. Why not him? You can't assume that everyone is clean just because theyre not all-americans. Theres wayyyy too much gray area if you start hand picking punishments. The school and team cheated.

Plus its not like the NCAA is only targeting USC. You said "you could go back to any national champion and find something" thats not true at all. I promise the NCAA isnt sitting in a board room saying "well we have tons of teams to choose from whom shall we get?" "Lets get USC for a while". Not like that at all

I'm really not sure what you are taking from my posts. Who didn't cheat? I said Bush cheated. They have proof he cheated. Take his ring. Don't take it away from anyone else who you don't have proof on.

He didnt cheat? The NCAA has proof that a member of his team cheated and his head coach. Why not him? You can't assume that everyone is clean just because theyre not all-americans. Theres wayyyy too much gray area if you start hand picking punishments. The school and team cheated.

They are inconsistent if nothing else. I am not a fan of the NCAA's manner of administering punishment either.

I'm really not sure what you are taking from my posts. Who didn't cheat? I said Bush cheated. They have proof he cheated. Take his ring. Don't take it away from anyone else who you don't have proof on.

You said a 3rd Stringer didnt cheat. and I said he was on a cheating team so how can you say he didnt cheat.

Not sure about your reasoning on that but I think I will bow out of this one

What? There is probably more truth to his statement than yours. You cant juat say someone cheated because they were on a team where 1,2,3 or how ever many were caught. All chunky was saying if I got it right was punish who you have proof on. Whats wrong with that?

You said a 3rd Stringer didnt cheat. and I said he was on a cheating team so how can you say he didnt cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? There is probably more truth to his statement than yours. You cant juat say someone cheated because they were on a team where 1,2,3 or how ever many were caught. All chunky was saying if I got it right was punish who you have proof on. Whats wrong with that?

Simple. Now Coaches can get whom ever they want knowing that if they get caught only the player gets punished. And the school can keep their national championship. Im telling you, doing it your way would lead to even more cheating.

So all of Bonds teamates should be punished because he took "fish oil"? Or any other MLB player caught on the oil? Might as well assume they cheated too right? And why wouldnt the coaches get punished? Im saying punish a whole team because a few got caught is inconsistant.

Simple. Now Coaches can get whom ever they want knowing that if they get caught only the player gets punished. And the school can keep their national championship. Im telling you, doing it your way would lead to even more cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually agree with what the ncaa did here. Now do I think the system is without flaw, heck no. Yet it didn't seem to affect bush when the repo man came for his trophy, but the program as a whole cheated and must pay the consequences. As to the players who honestly did no wrong, it'll come off harsh but, life sucks. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. As far as the world is concerned that team is still the on the field champions, those players can hold their heads for that. If nothing else maybe just once this action will cause another program to pause before doing the same. I doubt it will, but maybe.

--
tapatalk

So all of Bonds teamates should be punished because he took "fish oil"? Or any other MLB player caught on the oil? Might as well assume they cheated too right? And why wouldnt the coaches get punished? Im saying punish a whole team because a few got caught is inconsistant.

So youre arguement against the NCAA taking away a college football teams title is because a Major League baseball player did performance enhancing drugs?

And your final part "Im saying punish a whole team because a few got caught is inconsistant." Thats totally opposite.lol Thats a clear cut choice that the NCAA will do every time. Doing it every time makes it a great example of consistancy actually.

This stinks. I guarantee that every team SC played that year had someone taking money from an agent. Reggie just got outed because he didn't end up using the agent after the agent gave benefits to his family. I was a NFL agent briefly, but figured out quickly that to be competitive you had to break EVERY rule repeatedly.

They won the first one they played in champ. This was in 2003 and supposedly they have been getting paid since 2002.

Correct me if Im wrong but in 2003 didnt LSU beat OU 21-14 in the national championship game?

2885031_display_image.jpg

I actually agree with what the ncaa did here. Now do I think the system is without flaw, heck no. Yet it didn't seem to affect bush when the repo man came for his trophy, but the program as a whole cheated and must pay the consequences. As to the players who honestly did no wrong, it'll come off harsh but, life sucks. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. As far as the world is concerned that team is still the on the field champions, those players can hold their heads for that. If nothing else maybe just once this action will cause another program to pause before doing the same. I doubt it will, but maybe.

--
tapatalk

I couldnt have said it better myself. Even tho ive been trying the last 2 hours haha

Well thats 1 less thing that lane "loser" kiffin can try to take full credit for :laughing:. I always thot he should give credit where credit was due, the all american dollar, go VOLS.

So all of Bonds teamates should be punished because he took "fish oil"? Or any other MLB player caught on the oil? Might as well assume they cheated too right? And why wouldnt the coaches get punished? Im saying punish a whole team because a few got caught is inconsistant. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since 2003, Bonds has been a key figure in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative (BALCO) scandal. He was under investigation by a federal grand jury regarding his testimony in the BALCO case, and was indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges on November 15, 2007.[132] The indictment alleges that Bonds lied while under oath about his alleged use of steroids.[133]

"In 2003, Bonds became embroiled in a scandal when Greg Anderson of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative (BALCO), Bonds' trainer since 2000, was indicted by a federal grand jury in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and charged with supplying anabolic steroids to athletes, including a number of baseball players. This led to speculation that Bonds had used performance-enhancing drugs during a time when there was no mandatory testing in Major League Baseball. Bonds declared his innocence, attributing his changed physique and increased power to a strict regimen of bodybuilding, diet and weight gainer."

LOL Fish Oil huh?

Back