PGA Tour Super Store?

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap
So I'm not sure where exactly to put this thread so Mods please feel free to move it...

I heard on the radio coming home from work this afternoon that they'll be opening a new PGA Tour Super Store here in the Denver Metro Area (just south of Denver proper) soon.

I was wondering as I know there are currently 10 other PGA Tour Stores in total in Atlanta, Phoenix, Dallas, Myrtle Beach and Naples, has anyone been to any one of these and what did you think? Just hoping I might have a little fore warning as to what I might get out of making a little drive down to this store when it opens here.

Thanks all!

I personally love the PGA superstores. Its the largest golf store I have ever been in. Easy to spend quite a bit of time in one of them. They also have tennis gear as well. In my opinion it would be well worth the trip for you to go to it.

I frequent the Naples location to often. I use it in the summer months to practice especially. Good store, but some of the help is pretty bad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the one locally. When I am in the area, I do swing in there to walk around because it's so large. They have inventory like no other store I've seen, so you can look at almost anything in person. I just never liked the people working there and was irritated when they handed me a club to demo and had it taped up so much that it looked like a sledgehammer and they insisted on keeping the cellophane on the grip.

I just prefer GG to them.

I have been in the stores in Myrtle Beach, and Kennesaw near Atlanta. I really like them, if it is golf related, you can find it there. The Kennesaw store has approximatley 10 hitting bays, a huge putting greeen and a bunker and chipping area as well as lots of tennis gear. For the most part the people in the store are friendly and somewhat knowledgeable, you must realize that you are not talking to a PGA professional when discussing golf clubs. I think it would most certainly be worth the trip.

the one in Myrtle is HUGE, tons of places to hit balls and Ive never seen so many clubs for sale

I love going into the store for the amount of equipment available to hit. They lack a lot of appearal imo but they carry most shoes. My problem with the appearal is they have a lot of brands but not a great selection from those brands imo.

I usually find a few good people that work there and love talking golf equipment with them lol.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I think I exaggerated the drive a little more than it really is. It'll be about an hour for me, but I'll definitely take the chance at least once when it opens. They've been advertising loads of contests and giveaways so I'll definitely try to get in on some of that action!

the one in Myrtle is HUGE, tons of places to hit balls and Ive never seen so many clubs for sale

And the one in Kennesaw is even larger if you are speaking of the old Martin's golf, Kennesaw's and the one off of 501 in MB are about the same it seems to me. There is another in Roswell, GA but I have never been to that one.

Last edited:
So I'm not sure where exactly to put this thread so Mods please feel free to move it...

I heard on the radio coming home from work this afternoon that they'll be opening a new PGA Tour Super Store here in the Denver Metro Area (just south of Denver proper) soon.

I was wondering as I know there are currently 10 other PGA Tour Stores in total in Atlanta, Phoenix, Dallas, Myrtle Beach and Naples, has anyone been to any one of these and what did you think? Just hoping I might have a little fore warning as to what I might get out of making a little drive down to this store when it opens here.

Thanks all!

I go to the one here in Kennesaw, GA much too often...way too often and spend way too much money there. Good store and good people. Good selection. I'm spoiled with it now and I don't like the smaller box golf stores.

Great place to try on clothes and clubs then buy them online at a much cheaper price! :D

I've been to the ones in Myrtle Beach and they are awesome. It's usually one of my first stops when I go there. You can find just about any golf item you are looking for in there. The only downside I can think of is the issues they have had with Acushnet which I'm not even sure are still going on. They do not (or did not) sell Titleist equipment due to the conflict they were having with Acushnet. That could all be resolved now, I'm not sure. I just know last year when I was in MB, they did not sell them.

I actually started a thread about the one in Atlanta, this may have some info for you.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?19618-PGA-Superstore

Thanks all!

I've been to the one in Naples as I was in town for the Shark Shootout. I actually bought my Scratch staff bag there. They were not very helpful with anything and charged to use any of the fitting bays unless you bought a club. You could rent them by the half hour for a small fee. Lame!

Golfsmith just opened a new store in West Boca that is much larger than the Naples super store. They have 2 or 3 full simulators for fittings with the latest awesome foresight sports GC2 launch monitors with large screens. Then they have a separate area with about 8 hitting bays in a giant open netted area. 4 of those have the launch monitors with LCD screens next to them and they are free and anyone can use them. I was there for an hour last weekend getting the carry distances for all my wedges since I had them bent.

I've been to the ones in Myrtle Beach and they are awesome. It's usually one of my first stops when I go there. You can find just about any golf item you are looking for in there. The only downside I can think of is the issues they have had with Acushnet which I'm not even sure are still going on. They do not (or did not) sell Titleist equipment due to the conflict they were having with Acushnet. That could all be resolved now, I'm not sure. I just know last year when I was in MB, they did not sell them.

That has been resolved. They had titleist, footjoy and cobra gear when I have been in the last few times in the Kennesaw and Roswell stores in Atlanta.

I go to the one in Kennesaw at minimum of once per week -- they have a free Ladies clinic on Thursday evenings, and they do a parent/child clinic on a Saturday morning at least once per month. I know the pros there by name and quite a bit of the staff has been there for a long time. It's a great place to find used clubs in great shape at a good price -- and their clearance sales are really good as well....

I'm a little excited... our PGA Tour Superstore opens this thursday and I hear a commercial for it every time I'm in the car. Should be a bunch of contests, giveaways and hopefully great deals opening day through the weekend.

The one here is actually in Plano which is north of Dallas and west of where I am about 20 miles, I have not been in there but I hear it is awesome.

I've been to the one in Kennesaw as well. Actually I go almost two or three times a month. As far as customer service, I prefer the Golfsmith down the street. But, as mentioned before, there are a lot of simulators, a really big putting green with every putter you can imagine, and a chipping area with a bunker. It used to have two full tennis courts as well, but it shrunk in size to make room for a neighboring Gold's Gym. The one's here are having disputes with a few different companies such as FootJoy, and others. This means no products are being sold from these companies. Someone said that it was fixed above, but I was there a couple weeks ago and asked about it and the guy had no idea, so I'm not sure. If you've seen that it's fixed, then it must be.

Amazing stores. Be sure to go with plenty of cash and time because you simply cannot leave one of these stores empty handed. I frequently visit Myrtle Beach and they have 2 there within 30 minutes of each other. Both of those stores are awesome. Sales galore and any club, ball, shoe, bag, apparel item you could think of. :D
Have fun Spaceman. I look forward to my beach trip each summer just so I can go :D

I'm a little excited... our PGA Tour Superstore opens this thursday and I hear a commercial for it every time I'm in the car. Should be a bunch of contests, giveaways and hopefully great deals opening day through the weekend.

So, When you going out David? I'm thinking heading out there this weekend since it's too wet to play

I go to the one is Dallas quite a lot and really like it, huge store and helpful people

So, When you going out David? I'm thinking heading out there this weekend since it's too wet to play

I'm hoping to hit up the PGA Store on Thursday opening day, then if weather holds up a little, playing 9 in league thursday night. If not, then I might try and get in a round Sunday... OR go check out the NCAA Regionals (Featuring Oklahoma State!) at Colorado National tomorrow through Thursday.

Back