Search results for query: *

1. JayB

change of putting styles

I have always been a straight-back-straight through putter, playing a big face balanced mallet. Seemed like the only way to ensure I was on the line. I recently grew so frustrated with my putting performance (or total lack thereof) that I switched cold turkey to a typical toe hang blade and a...
  2. JayB

KBS Shafts - currently unobtanium?

Any else been on an excessive wait for KBS shafts? It has been almost comical how ling the wait has been. 13 weeks and currently being told mid-Jan…. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JayB

Which golf feeling is best?

Thinking about the moments that make me want to play. What shot keeps you coming back; The high draw tee shot? The putt that is dead on line and seeks the cup? The flushed iron that you can drop in to a tucked pin? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. JayB

Hickory Stick tournament

This last weekend i played in a hickory stick scramble commemorating the 125th anniversary of our club. We played gutta percha balls, and had a set that was 4 various irons, two woods and a putter. It was hilarious how little the ball travelled and how low the ball flight was. Well struck...
  5. JayB

Cracked face (not my first time…)

Years ago i had my Jet Speed 3w face fail at the joint between face and club body near the crown. Recently, my M1 rescue hybrid started feeling dead and the sound changed. Found this under examination: The club has hit many many balls over the years, but i’m not exactly a high swing speed...
  6. JayB

Who’s doing golf specific exercises?

I want to keep my very modest exercise routine from being boring. Adding a few gold centered exercises. In searching the forums there seem to be predominantly old/dead threads on the matter. I curious if the community is doing something golf centric, sticking with it, and seeing longer term...
  7. JayB

3w vs 5w

I play a TM r15 high loft 3 wood lofted up even further to 19 degrees (so it is playing as a 5w). I have considered changing out the head to a true 5w head in something a bit newer to get a slightly more forgiving club head. I hit the my r15 quite well so there is no specific problem i am trying...
  8. JayB

Do you play better walking or riding?

We have plenty of threads on how slow play affects your game. I’m curious if you perceive a difference when walking vs riding? me personally, I play better when walking. When I ride, I seem to perceive late round fatigue a lot. When walking, even though I may be sucking wind, my performance...
  9. JayB

the appeal of raw wedges - start a discussion

I'll put it out right out there; I don't like the look of a rusted raw wedge. I don't get it. Nobody seems to want raw irons or raw putters. So it just looks like you have a couple of beat up old clubs you stole from the loaner bin at the local muni. In the spirit of understanding other...
  10. JayB

Rules Genie for day - what change would you make?

Tons and tons of rules discussion on the forum about what is liked / disliked. I'll pose the question a bit differently. You rubbed the magic ball washer on the 13th hole. Out pops the Golf Genie. he grants you the power to add/delete/change 1 rule in golf. What is your wish? For my wish, I...
  11. JayB

How has your 2019 golf season started?

Yesterday i had my first green grass session hitting balls since November. Winter sim and net practice seems to have put me on the right track for my first round of the year tomorrow. so how have your seasons started; cooking hot? Forgotten how to swing? or waiting for the snow to melt to find out?
  12. JayB

Shut it down for the winter - did it help?

In previous seasons, I have played throughout the winter. This year I shut it down (combo of weather and other time constraints). I am just now starting to swing again and it is feeling pretty good. Maybe the time off has helped. We,ll see once I get on the course. so, what does everyone else...
  13. JayB

finally getting on the course again

People who take off long periods of time from the game confuse me. My season got shut down in late September and the few opportunities I have had were wash outs. I am lined up to play this Sunday in acceptable winter conditions (40 degrees, partly overcast). This will be my first round in 11...
  14. JayB

San Antonio First week of December

I think i am going to be in San Antonio the first week of December and I may have a day to myself. Can anyone recommend a good track to play. Also, I will be needing to rent clubs from the course if that factors into any recommendations. thanks in advance.
  15. JayB

Shafts; soft / hard stepping - what does it mean?

i was reading the Mizuno JPX 919 thread earlier and a bit of discussion came up on soft stepping and hard stepping. I've heard the term a bunch, but never had a clue as to what it meant. i found this interesting article that gives some detail on it for anyone out there like me who didn't know...
  16. JayB

feet of putts made - does anyone track this?

I always find the tour stat of Feet of Putts made very interesting. Seeing as how strokes gained has worked its way into the recreational game with apps, I am surprised I hear nothing about this specific stat. I think I will start tracking it on my card for a bit; I am curious how embarrassing...
  17. JayB

Yacht Rock

I'm browsing SiriusXM for something different to listen to. Stumbled on channel 311, Yacht Rock Radio. I had never heard of this before. Apparently it is all 70s soft rock; Steely Dan, Doobie Bros, Michael MacDonald etc... While not my favoirte genre, I'm kind of digging it for the day. When...
  18. JayB

turf and hitting mats in colors other than green

I am prepping to build a sim in my basement. When we are not using it as a sim, I want it to not look like a golf cave. I would like to have the turf area and hitting mat be a charcoal color in lieu of green. has anyone found any manufacturers I should look at? I have found very little from my...
  19. JayB

first time build a club - looking for tips

I am a lucky tester for the LA Golf shaft. I will need to add a Cally optifit adapter when the shaft arrives. I could left the goons at my local big box do it, but what's the fun in that? I know it's just bonding on an adapter, but I'd welcome any tips so that I don't booger up my very special...
  20. JayB

What part of your game suffers most - when you're hungover?

My Saturday started a bit rough thanks to a late Friday night at the Billy Joel concert. I finally dragged myself off the couch to go play a round to shake off the hangover. Most of the game was serviceable, but my putting was atrocious. I didn't make a first putt at all. In fact I think i...
Back