Search results for query: *

1. Reef Donkey

It's all in the grip

Amazing what a change in mentality and grip can do to my game (in a positive way). So for the past 10+ years I've played a relatively strong grip with my irons and a neutral grip with my woods. I never consciously paid attention to this but it just sorta morphed into that. My best friend...
  2. Reef Donkey

Woods are long, irons are short in comparison

Ok, here's the scoop: My buddy and I went out and played a round yesterday, and he brought his portable swing speed monitor. With Driver I reached 106 mph, and averaged 103.3 for the day. All drives (carry and roll) were over 260, with the long for the day at 283. I striped the driver well...
  3. Reef Donkey

Driver Shaft Torque Question

Hey all! This is probably a loaded question, but I'm trying to get a general sense of what sort of torque I should be considering for my swing speed. Average Swing Speed is 101, however, I have gotten it to 104 (plenty of advil, finally loosened up after a couple holes played). In general...
  4. Reef Donkey

Just ordered a Bell Putter

In my search for a longer shafted putter (40") I came across the Bell Putter Co. Small outfit in Nebraska, however, I found quite a few people who really liked them. It was only $139 + Shipping so I took a chance and ordered one. 79* upright which I love as it putts me literally right over...
  5. Reef Donkey

For Sale Left Handed Mizuno MP-25 Iron Set 3-PW

SOLD $350 including shipping (Continental US). Payment Method: Cash App I am selling my Mizuno MP-25's. I had them re-shafted and re-gripped approximately 20 rounds ago. These clubs are in pretty good shape, other than small dings on sole of the 5i and 7i (submerged stone under the ball...
  6. Reef Donkey

Too many choices on training aids (and which ones aren't a gimmick)

Hey all. Looking for a training aid to use during down time. Overall goal in order of importance: 1. Correct out-to-in swing habits (or just get into a more consistent in-to-out routine). 2. Improve tempo 3. Add speed Looking at the Lagshot 7i, then maybe assuming there's some...
  7. Reef Donkey

Sub70 659 Irons Review

Good afternoon everyone !!! Played a quick (and extremely soggy) 9 holes this morning playing nothing by my irons and my 9 Wood. They are all relatively new to me so I left the Driver and 3w/5w home. I recently purchased a set of Sub70 659 CB/TC irons. 5i - 7i are the CB's, 8i - AW are the...
  8. Reef Donkey

Soft stepping my wedges????

I emailed my fitter about putting x-stiff 8-iron shafts in my SW and LW, cutting them down to wedge length. He emailed me back asking if I want them soft stepped. Basically making them an S+ shaft. It seems literally all wedge shafts are X400 from the PGA SS. I've hit the 8-iron spinner...
  9. Reef Donkey

Next set of irons - no offset

Found these, and thinking of pulling the trigger. A tad pricey ($849 - built and shipped) for 5-PW, especially for a cast club, but no other manufacturer will build a zero offset perimeter weighted midsized club (in Lefty no less). Why? Who knows! I guess every club builder equates game...
  10. Reef Donkey

Lefty help needed

Looking for a 24* fairway wood. Does any manufacturer offer one in lefty? I can't seem to find any. My 5i is the lowest club I am comfortable playing (27 deg). I can find fairway woods in the 21 degree range, but I just don't want that huge of a gap. Any help would be appreciated.
  11. Reef Donkey

Most forgiving players irons

I figured I'd start a a topic on this because, using the search function, I didn't really find much at all. Curious question to y'all... What do you think are the most forgiving players irons (or players distance irons)? By players or players distance, I'm speaking of non-oversized irons...
  12. Reef Donkey

Opinions on the PXG 0311P irons

Looking hard at these clubs, along with Sub 70 659 CB Forged irons. Any input from folks who've tried the 0311's or the Sub 70's (or both). Thanks!
  13. Reef Donkey

Holy crap!! 5 Degrees Upright???

Never once paid attention to wrist-to-floor measurements, but finally measured… 6’ tall 39” wrist to floor. According to pings color chart I should be playing 5 degree upright clubs. I really have no idea as to whether my swing plane is flat or neutral or upright. I Am in the market for new...
  14. Reef Donkey

bumps in the road to a better golf game

Have any of y'all felt like the parts of your swing are starting to come together, yet before that "A-ha" moment, your scores shoot up? I'm frustrated. Gained an average of almost 11 strokes per round in my last 6 rounds, which is crushing my Handicap. Hitting the balls on the range (grass...
  15. Reef Donkey

Happy with my new putter

Just picked up a Cleveland HB #11. Highly impressed with the results. Tried several putters out that were far more expensive. Really, these putters are either underpriced, or other premium putters are just overpriced. Not sure which, but an excellent value for the money.
  16. Reef Donkey

shaft recommendations

Hey all, I just purchased a set of MP-25 clubheads on Ebay. I'm gonna have them refurbished and spit-shined. But I was curious to see if any of y'all might have a good idea on a shaft recommendation for under $25/shaft. Looking ideally for a mid-launch, mid-spin shaft. Let's hear it!
  17. Reef Donkey

Heavier Lefty putters

Looking for some feedback / putter options on some heavier putters for lefties. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
  18. Reef Donkey

Jeckyll and Hyde Driver

I know it's not the club, but since it's my thread I'm going to blame it on the club anyway. One round my driver is long and straight, and the next it's knuckleballs that drop out of the sky. Ugggggghhhh!!!! All my 3W shots are crushed with a nice high tight draw (unless it try and keep it...
  19. Reef Donkey

Iron Shaft Help

Hey all! Before getting into the possible solutions for my problem here's what I'm currently dealing with: Driver Swing Speed: 95-97 mph 7-iron Swing Speed: 81-83 mph Moderate Swing Tempo Primary Shot Miss (right) I'm left handed. All of my irons are equipped with True Temper DG...
  20. Reef Donkey

Your grip preferences

I'll start off by saying all my irons and wedges currently have New Decades on them. Fantastic grips, by the way. They've logged close to 150 rounds on them, and when I went it to check out other grips, the guy who does the grips literally said, "Why change? These things are still in really...
Back