Search results for query: *

1. Barnum1

Fullswing vs. Trackman

I am going to a indoor simulator centre, that has both Fullswing and Trackman. (It doesn't say exactly what model or version). Which would be the best for looking at club and ball data only? (I'm not interested in playing a course, just testing my clubs and swing.) EDIT: Now I see that they...
  2. Barnum1

Steelfiber i95 R compared to Alta CB Slate R

Hi, I can buy a few HMP irons (8i to PW) with Steelfiber i95 Regular for a great price. I am now playing G425s in Alta CB Slate Regular, and I am wondering what the big difference would be for me? The Alta CBs are 72g, so the weight is different of course. As are the heads, but it would be fun...
  3. Barnum1

Draw by upright lie angle or by back weight?

What is the difference between getting draw from changing lie angle more upright vs. moving a back weight more to the heel? On my Paradym driver I can do both. Thanks!
  4. Barnum1

ZX5 driver vs ZX 5 mk ii?

Anyone played both original and mk ii ZX5 driver? The original can now be bought for 300$ less than the new one. If it's not a big difference in performance, the original may be a good catch...
  5. Barnum1

Does Callaway yearly release replace last year's line-up?

Hi, I never played Callaway, so I don't really understand their driver release cycle. Do they replace last year's line-up every year, or does the new line-up complement last year's? E.g. does the new Paradym line-up replace or complement the Rogue ST line-up? Do they still produce Rogue ST (and...
  6. Barnum1

What do you think about when hitting the ball?

Hi, maybe an old topic, but what's in your head when hitting the ball? I heard that the only thing you should think about is the target: take dead aim. But for me that's diffcult, except for putting and chipping (which are simple mechanics). I have almost always some swing technique thought in...
  7. Barnum1

How many actually game two different iron sets regularly?

Hi, I've been reading posts in the forum about people having two iron sets, maybe they call one set "backup" set or similar. But how many out there regularly switch between different sets throughout the season? And if yes: why?
  8. Barnum1

October golfing in the British isles?

Hi! Where I live, the golf season closes in October. Are the British isles a good place to extend the season, or is it too cold, wet or windy? Where in the area would I expect to have the best golfing experience in that time of the year? (I love Britain, Ireland and links golf, so that's why...
  9. Barnum1

No ZX gap wedge in Europe?

When looking at Srixon Europe website, there are no gap wedges for ZX5 or ZX7. On srixon.com the ZXs have gap wedges. Can that really be the case? Thanks for any insight!
  10. Barnum1

How would old irons compare to new ones in forgiveness?

Hi, currently playing G425 irons, coming from i20. Definitely more forgiveness, and it made me think about my older iron sets. I used to play Taylor Made Burner Oversize (bubble graphite shafts) from 1996. How would they compare do you think? And before them I had some little known clubs...
  11. Barnum1

Why not a GW in JPX 921 HMP?

I wonder why the GW is "shared" between JPX 921 HM and HMP? The HMP series is designed to be a HM with smaller profile, and especially in the wedges, you would want a smaller profile. Or is the HM GW made slimmer to fit the HMP well?
  12. Barnum1

Custom fitting off-season - experiences?

Hi, I'm in the market for new irons this year. As the golf courses where I live typically opens in April, my plan was to get fitted May-ish when I had a few rounds in me. Now, two things have made me reconsider: 1) Delivery times have gone up very much lately. I've read about up to two...
  13. Barnum1

Steel-or-graphite vs. swing speed

My fitter recommended me steel shafts in my irons, because my swing speed was "fast enough". His take was that it was better to get more control (from steel) as opposed to maybe gain a few mph (from graphite) - given that your speed is not too slow. I have a pretty average swing speed (95 mph...
  14. Barnum1

Anyone played PING i20 and Mizuno (HMB or JPX)?

Anyone played PING i20 and Mizuno HMB or JPX (preferrably 921)? I'm playing i20s now and looking for new irons next year. I have been looking at Mizunos (JPX Forged/HMP or HMB), so it would be interesting to hear if anyone could compare them to the i20s? Especially when it comes to forgiveness...
Back