>$100 Courses in Vegas and San Diego

Busy P

Tin Cup
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright so i'm a so cal regular, but my parents are taking the family to vacation in vegas and san diego in like 2-3 weeks?

Looking for some good/nice courses in Vegas and San D that maybe I could hop onto a junior rate and my dad carting for under $100, if not around $100? Or if they don't have a junior rate, anythings fine :banghead:.

Just need San Diego now!

Last edited:
That would be <$100 ;)

Alright so i'm a so cal regular, but my parents are taking the family to vacation in vegas and san diego in like 2-3 weeks?

Looking for some good/nice courses in Vegas and San D that maybe I could hop onto a junior rate and my dad carting for under $100, if not around $100? Or if they don't have a junior rate, anythings fine :banghead:.

I play Desert Rose in Vegas all the time. Pretty good course and the rates are nice after 1pm for non-residents $39 bucks for 18. They are less than $60 any time of the day. Good family course and have really nice driving range too. http://www.desertrosegc.com/index.php

@JL
****. didn't notice i pressed that one -.-. Dam my fast typing

@Mary
Will check it out. Thanks!

Just made my tee time for Desert Rose :).

Now all that's left is the whale's *****... which of course translates to san diego.

Are anchorman references not allowed here. -.-

ya they are. but jb and gg and the rest of the mods try to keep it family friendly site and words like that arent to family friendly. just trying to pass along from what i have learned and trying to help you out.

Thanks bro. My bad on thatt. Just thought since it wasn't censored, it would be chill

Now for San Diego me and my dad were thinking Coronado, but a friend played there a few weeks ago saying it wasn't in the best condition right now. Anyone have choices?

Anything for San D?

Sounds like you already found a LV course. But i'ld also like to suggest Angel Park, BadLands, and Paiute. Angel is a great courses for well under 100. (round 30-50). Badlands is round $85 dollers for non residents but is a great experiance for tourists.(You will know what a tru desert course is when you play there) Paiute is a very good pete dye designed resort golf courses that goes for about 100. It's 15 mins away from the strip so they charge a little less than other resort courses.

Sounds like you already found a LV course. But i'ld also like to suggest Angel Park, BadLands, and Paiute. Angel is a great courses for well under 100. (round 30-50). Badlands is round $85 dollers for non residents but is a great experiance for tourists.(You will know what a tru desert course is when you play there) Paiute is a very good pete dye designed resort golf courses that goes for about 100. It's 15 mins away from the strip so they charge a little less than other resort courses.

Angel looks amazing in the pictures. Do you have anything to say about Desert Rose GC?

Angel looks amazing in the pictures. Do you have anything to say about Desert Rose GC?

Any number of other courses could be played currently relatively cheap. Its the cheapest time of year due to the heat and course conditions.

Any number of other courses could be played currently relatively cheap. Its the cheapest time of year due to the heat and course conditions.

Where do you like to play Vegan? Was down in Primm two days ago. Teed off at 6:45am temperature was 94* already! 3 hour 50 min round ( everyone else either gave up or simply melted out of our way)
When I was loading my car in the parking lot, the asphalt was starting to melt and stick to the bottom of my shoes.

Well dam. Looks like i'll be playing at angel with 103 degree weather. -.-

For SD: Aviara and La Costa are my 2 faves. If you can get a deal to play there, go for it-the weekend rates are higher than $100 but sometimes you can find good deals...

For medium/lesser priced courses, I prefer Arrowood and The Crossings at Carlsbad...

I played Salt Creek in SD two weeks ago, it is in excellent condition. Also check out Sycuan Golf Resort it has two very good courses.

Well dam. Looks like i'll be playing at angel with 103 degree weather. -.-

103 in vegas is no where like 103 in SD. 103 in SD with the humidity might kill you. Bring lots and lots of water and you'll be good. Oh and if you tee of really early in the morning (they water the course in the morning), expect to gain about 20 yards throughout the round while the course drys out.

Now all that's left is the whale's *****... which of course translates to san diego.

I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

I live in San Diego so I can help you out with some courses.

As mentioned earlier, La Costa, Aviara and Mederas are premium courses (above $100). All well maintained, fast greens, etc.

The Crossings at Carlsbad is a fun course with very interesting views. Runs about 90$, and has very interesting greens (very undulating).

If you're interested in the $50-$80 range I would recommend Steele Canyon (my favorite course in San Diego...elevated tee shots, course designed around the elevation, love the layout), followed by Riverwalk (surprisingly well maintained, awesome greens, fun layout) followed by Mt. Woodson and Salt Creek which was mentioned above (that course is a links style but well designed).

You can book most of those through golfnow btw, at discounted rates.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You couldn't go wrong with any of those courses. BTW, I took my Dad to Torrey Pines for his 70th birthday (South course)...he liked Riverwalk better ;)

I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.
I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

Member at Silverstone, but play a lot at Paiute and TPC Summerlin also. Tomorrow we are playing Badlands.

In SD I played the Navy course, Coronado and Balboa Park. Balboa park was an interesting course to walk. :)

Back