2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black [spoilers]

Weir put a 64 on the board with a double IIRC. Great round.

its great to see weir post such an amazing round...... i only hope he can play decent the rest of the week. Only time will tell.

Does anyone have a update for the programming? My DVR is a mess.

I'm at a loss too. I'm just setting it based on the on-screen guide and hoping for the best.

One thing I found out is do NOT set the DVR to record DirecTV's channel 702 for "Network Feed" when NBC broadcasting, because all you get is 2 hours of a screen that says "Please tune to your local NBC station." So, I guess I've got a 2 hour gap in my coverage. (Normally I would be incredibly annoyed, but I've got so much footage to watch, I'm ambivalent about missing 2 hours of putting network coverage.)

It works fine when ESPN is broadcasting though. In fact, since it's still recording, it looks like it picked up the extended broadcast, whereas the ESPN channel is showing "SportsCenter" on the on-screen guide (which means I wouldn't have got the extended coverage if I'd recorded the ESPN channel instead of the DTV feed of ESPN.)

Play looks like it was called for the end of the day.

NBC said they are starting coverage at 7 AM Pacific tomorrow. Im assuming they will air the whole day.

I loved the guy yelling Espana after everytime Sergio hit the ball. The Alexander Hamilton guy was funny too.

Just for the record...

y'all are gonna think I'm nuts, but two nights ago I had a dream, that Adam Scott won the US Open. Clear as day, I dreamt I saw it on TV. I woke up and told Josh he'd never guess who I dreamt won the Open. Now he tells me that the Ahhh-ustralian is in the top ten! So I need to record this. Wouldn't it be something!

You mean this guy:
0403_large.jpg

(sorry, but if the opportunity is there:confused2:)

Here is the broadcast schedule for the weekend according to NBC:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31212511/ns/sports-golf/

SAT: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET (which is different from my on-screen guide)
SUN: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET (which is different from my on-screen guide)

Originally, I believe NBC was scheduled for 2 p.m. - 8 p.m. ET for Sat. & Sun.

D.J. Trahan putting with a . . . driver ?!?!?

(Yes, I know I'm late on this. I just got to it on my TiVo.)

I just don't understand how Adam Scott has sucked so badly. His swing is so awesome.

Oh, and go Nick Taylor! (amateur from U-Dub.)

Wow, Ernie Els is 155 out of 156. He just carped the bed. Twice.

I just don't understand how Adam Scott has sucked so badly. His swing is so awesome.

Oh, and go Nick Taylor! (amateur from U-Dub.)

Wow, Ernie Els is 155 out of 156. He just carped the bed. Twice.

Harry,
most of them on this tour have great swings though. You said it yourself, Ernie Els is 2nd to last and look at that swing. If you do not put in the effort and time, you cannot keep up with the people that do.

Lucas Glover went real low today and looks strong. How about Duval in the top 5.

So who had Azuma Yano in the TaylorMade contest? :D

We have a couple of entries that are looking pretty darn good right now. A few have Glover and Weir. Not bad. But lots of golf still to go.

Ricky Barnes now in the lead at -8.

Oh no . . . Bob Costas.

Costas and Miller. Not a great combo.

Stenson just showed how good those Z-Stars are with that last shot. Talk about sucking it back...hehe

angrygolfer0619_230.jpg

That makes 3 people that have called Cabrera "relaxed" and "casual". Are you kidding me? THe guy is in a rush all the time and complains of slow play at every chance he gets.

I'm adding Bill Kratzert (announcer on the "Marquee Group" channel) to my "Shut up! Shut Up!! SHUT UP!!!" list

I've decided that for the next PGA event I attend, I'm going to follow Hunter Mahan for an entire round and for every swing, I'm going to yell:

"You da Mahan!"

Paddy has been tinkering with drivers for a few months now. We saw him go with the R9, then his old Titleist. Then back to the WS. Now he is using the FT9 again and has the WS headcover on it.

Lee Westwood is playing really well right now.

Back