2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

B330's on sale on Amazon for 32 per dozen!

Bridgestone Precept 2014 Tour B330 1-Dozen Golf Balls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQ9MFZG/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_at_ws_us?ie=UTF8

Nice find!

How is durability of the 2014 version ? Been playing lethal for last 12 months and can get a few rounds out of one - I know i had trouble cutting up the 2012 b330s.

I've had no issues with durability either. Holds up just as well as other premium balls IMO.

Tested the Taylormade TP and TPX, B330, and SR3 over the weekend in very windy conditions. The B330 was the winner by a landslide in all categories with the SR3 in second. The B330 just cut through the wind and had plenty of stopping power on approach shots and greenside chip/pitch shots. I see some on here being fit into the the RX line and have me pondering trying them due to wanting more launch on my shots. Does anyone have knowledge on the launch/spin characteristics of the each line? I've read about them on the Bridgestone site but just wanted to ask those with experience of testing them.

How is durability of the 2014 version ? Been playing lethal for last 12 months and can get a few rounds out of one - I know i had trouble cutting up the 2012 b330s.

I cut the 2012 330's as well, and the 2014 version is a lot more durable from my experience. The first ball I played for 52 holes before I lost it (still in good condition when I lost it), and the second ball has been going on ever since (about 20 holes now). Before I could only keep a ball in play for 18 holes max, sometimes even less than that due to scuffing with wedges. The 2014 version is amazing.

My 330's should be here on Tuesday just in time for me to put into play on Wednesday. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts!

So I just did a putting comparison between the ZStar XV and B330. I was quite shocked at the difference in feel (sound). The XV was noticably higher pitched (clickier) while the B330 was lower pitched (more muted) and thus the B330 felt much softer. Definitely a more solid feel with the Bridgetstone, which was shocking to me because the Zstar XV has been one of my favorite balls off the putter in terms of sound

So I just did a putting comparison between the ZStar XV and B330. I was quite shocked at the difference in feel (sound). The XV was noticably higher pitched (clickier) while the B330 was lower pitched (more muted) and thus the B330 felt much softer. Definitely a more solid feel with the Bridgetstone, which was shocking to me because the Zstar XV has been one of my favorite balls off the putter in terms of sound

Did they roll the same?

Did they roll the same?

Didn't necessarily notice one ball rolling differently from the other - just created a noticeably different sound off the putter. At first I thought I missed the center of the putter with the XV, so then I purposely hit the ball with different parts of the putter and the B330 consistently produced a more 'muted' tone than the XV.

Then switched from my MXM to my Versa and had similar results

Just recorded this video to show the difference in sound.

That was one of my favorite things about the B330S. I compared it to the Chrome+ and the Bridgestone had a noticeably different tone and feel. It definitely gives the impression of being a softer ball and I love putting with it.

That was one of my favorite things about the B330S. I compared it to the Chrome+ and the Bridgestone had a noticeably different tone and feel. It definitely gives the impression of being a softer ball and I love putting with it.

same here. I like the sound off my putter a lot on the b330.

Agreed, great ball. B330

swing your swing

Skim alert, but I played a found Tour B330 and loved it and am now trying to figure out if it was the old or new model. It looks like the new models have red for the numbers and the old balls use black for the numbers. Is that corrrect?

Skim alert, but I played a found Tour B330 and loved it and am now trying to figure out if it was the old or new model. It looks like the new models have red for the numbers and the old balls use black for the numbers. Is that corrrect?
The B330 has black numbers and the B330s has red. On the side of the ball the name <Bridgestone B330> should look similar on the 2014 model

What Freddie said. Looks like the new one is triangles and the older one is like little "Y" things on the side

Tap Tap Taparoo

Thanks guys. After checking, it looks like I found the new one.

Man, this was an impressive ball. I had the longest drive I can remember (272 would be boring for many THPrs. That's new territory for me, allowing me to reach a par 5 in 2), won a KP with a 9i which did a one bounce and stop, and had playing partners comment multiple times after teeing off with 4h or 5i that it looked like I barely swung the club but the ball just flew (and it did).

I've never paid full price for premiums balls before but I think that's going to change (though I may buy a sleeve of hydro core RX and try them first, just to be sure I'm playing the right version).

Thanks guys. After checking, it looks like I found the new one.

Man, this was an impressive ball. I had the longest drive I can remember (272 would be boring for many THPrs. That's new territory for me, allowing me to reach a par 5 in 2), won a KP with a 9i which did a one bounce and stop, and had playing partners comment multiple times after teeing off with 4h or 5i that it looked like I barely swung the club but the ball just flew (and it did).

I've never paid full price for premiums balls before but I think that's going to change (though I may buy a sleeve of hydro core RX and try them first, just to be sure I'm playing the right version).

Grab them on Amazon for cheaper than retail

Played 9 today using the Tour B330. I'm still loving it and very happy to be gaming it in the Morgan Cup. It's long and straight off the tee and being on the coast, it's a great ball for the wind. Throw the great green side performance on top of it, and it's more than worthy of its premium tour ball label.

Found this image from an earlier post in this thread.
Ball on left is 2012 model...on right is 2014 model. Only visual difference is symbols at each end of the ball model reference.

2de17cb1-b4a0-4ab6-b9ed-0dbb5b6f1ed2_zps8b4882f0.jpg

I've played the tour bridgestones for 3 rounds now, same ball all 3 rounds and I'm amazed at how well it bites on chip shots and rolls back on approaches. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played the tour bridgestones for 3 rounds now, same ball all 3 rounds and I'm amazed at how well it bites on chip shots and rolls back on approaches. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to outlast a b330. Always a hazard takes it before the ball is done

Back