2015 Wilson Staff Tour For THPers - Staff Proto

THP'ers... Truly a great time for me and the Wilson Staff team. I enjoyed getting to know 9 golf nerds, just like me, who I now consider friends.

I am glad to see that the lucky #StaffProto invitees enjoyed it and it looks like all of you following this thread enjoyed it almost as much. Just wait till January when the real posting fireworks begins!

We are looking forward to and planning on an even bigger and better event next year. I will be there... Will you? I hope so. And thanks again for all the TPH love and support.

Michael Vrska (vgolfman)

yeah I guess I'll show up since you asked so nicely on the video.

And if the next one involves a presentation that involves a mold, please keep it away from Doug he likes to throw them around

And if the next one involves a presentation that involves a mold, please keep it away from Doug he likes to throw them around
Not sure you should talk Mike. That mold was unreasonably warm when you pulled it out of your pocket.

After these awesome recaps and all the pictures of food this group may need to head over to blugold's Fitness and Workout thread. A few lbs were perhaps added this weekend.

After these awesome recaps and all the pictures of food this group may need to head over to blugold's Fitness and Workout thread. A few lbs were perhaps added this weekend.

A few pounds? I think I still feel that deep dish pizza sitting like a rock in my stomach....or maybe it's found its way to my midsection?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how that worked out.
Fun shooting that video about 2016 as you can tell vgolfman is as excited as we are.

Funny how that worked out.
Fun shooting that video about 2016 as you can tell vgolfman is as excited as we are.
So awesome to see the company get involved like that and already be excited for the next year, really goes to show how much they care. This event keeps getting better every year for sure!

Just caught up on all of the awesome from the weekend. Looks like it was yet another phenomenal THP event!

Great recap JohnSinVA. Sounds like a typical unforgettable THP event. Well except for the prototype irons ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We are looking forward to and planning on an even bigger and better event next year. I will be there... Will you? I hope so. And thanks again for all the THP love and support.

My first inclination is to respond in the negative, not because I didn't have a fantastic experience (I did), nor because the Wilson Staff folks I met aren't great ambassadors for their brand and all around great people(they are), but because every THPer should have the chance to experience what I was fortunate enough to this past weekend, and I would feel some misgivings about double dipping. Aside from that, it is quite possible that I'll have a full bag of W/S gear by that time next year anyhow. :D

All this being said, when signups time arrives for the 2016 event, and someone pulls this post out of the archive, chances are pretty good my response will be along the lines of "To he77 with that, I'm jumping in again!" :alien:

Well I will add what others haven't yet but our day started off with me, Dave and Mike driving to Chicago. Once we got there, we met up with everyone and watched the game. Only time in my life I heard people rooting for Matt Hasselbeck. Had a good time and ate some good pizza.
Next day we started at Wilson and toured the headquarters. All I can say is what a amazing place. They opened all the doors to us and left nothing behind. Once we were done, we had our secret meeting to hear about Wilson products and the irons that we would be playing. This meeting was once in a lifetime and all questions were answered by people who are passionate about golf and the Wilson brand. After that we moved to the range so we could get fit for our clubs. Along with getting fit, we had a chance to hit the F5 driver and fairway woods which I got to say I was impressed by both. Had some range time than ate lunch at the course.
Following day, foursomes were announced and I got a chance to play with Deuce, Cmedina and Duffy himself. What a fun time to be had out there. Duffy is one cool dude. A lot of laughs and good times with the 4 of us. Even a little bantering going on here and there. Just remember, never get the tuna at the turn. Once the round was over we headed home to some excellent 90s hip hop with 3 grown men singing and Dave playing some amazing air trumpet.
I can't thank THP and Wilson enough for the awesome weekend. It was a blast and a memory forever. This is definitely one of the top events to get into and hope everyone gives it a shot next year, I will still try myself it was that fun. Thanks again everyone for this opportunity

Hey JB when will details about our club review "competition" be released? Will there be a separate thread? Just curious! Winter is upon us so I'm prepping a little sooner rather than later.

Very soon brother. Along with the public contest too

Very soon brother. Along with the public contest too
A public contest. Color me intrigued.

Well I will add what others haven't yet but our day started off with me, Dave and Mike driving to Chicago. Once we got there, we met up with everyone and watched the game. Only time in my life I heard people rooting for Matt Hasselbeck. Had a good time and ate some good pizza.
Next day we started at Wilson and toured the headquarters. All I can say is what a amazing place. They opened all the doors to us and left nothing behind. Once we were done, we had our secret meeting to hear about Wilson products and the irons that we would be playing. This meeting was once in a lifetime and all questions were answered by people who are passionate about golf and the Wilson brand. After that we moved to the range so we could get fit for our clubs. Along with getting fit, we had a chance to hit the F5 driver and fairway woods which I got to say I was impressed by both. Had some range time than ate lunch at the course.
Following day, foursomes were announced and I got a chance to play with Deuce, Cmedina and Duffy himself. What a fun time to be had out there. Duffy is one cool dude. A lot of laughs and good times with the 4 of us. Even a little bantering going on here and there. Just remember, never get the tuna at the turn. Once the round was over we headed home to some excellent 90s hip hop with 3 grown men singing and Dave playing some amazing air trumpet.
I can't thank THP and Wilson enough for the awesome weekend. It was a blast and a memory forever. This is definitely one of the top events to get into and hope everyone gives it a shot next year, I will still try myself it was that fun. Thanks again everyone for this opportunity

Im so glad you got into this bro and really glad that I was there to witness the weekend. Im glad you got to learn a little more about things behind the scenes and really happy you got to experience a fitting and landed some pretty sweet irons that arent my hand me downs. Get that journal going asap!

A public contest. Color me intrigued.

You should be. This forum is going to erupt in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should be. This forum is going to erupt in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should be. This event isn't over, not really. The closing act is going to be very exciting for THPers.
Cant wait for all the info to come out. Fortunately I'll be playing a round with Molten and JohnSinVA next weekend. Word has it a peak might be allowed but lips will remain sealed.

Cant wait for all the info to come out. Fortunately I'll be playing a round with Molten and JohnSinVA next weekend. Word has it a peak might be allowed but lips will remain sealed.

Watch out too because Molten is a patent lawyer! So don't get offended when they search your for recording devices and say "sorry folks no pictures!"

No way. There needs to be a few token Canadians on THP.

Could you at least have taken some of those confounded geese with you? They are CANADIAN geese, after all!

Watch out too because Molten is a patent lawyer! So don't get offended when they search your for recording devices and say "sorry folks no pictures!"

Lol. Yeah he's a good guy, but I'll certainly be willing to go through a a thorough search and pat down for a swing or two.

If I remember correctly from our outing last year his PINGs are almost my exact specs

Lol. Yeah he's a good guy, but I'll certainly be willing to go through a a thorough search and pat down for a swing or two.

If I remember correctly from our outing last year his PINGs are almost my exact specs

I nominate Molten to bring the rubber gloves :alien:

I nominate Molten to bring the rubber gloves :alien:

I don't remember the Nda mandating a strip search so I'll leave the gloves at home.

Back