2016 Albatross Club is Now Open - THP Community Making A Difference

The 2016 Albatross Club is now closed for the year. Due to it running from January to December, we don't want someone to sign up and only get a few months, so it is closed up now, but will re-open for the 2017 campaign next month with some killer surprises, and a whole lot more.

Thank you to every THPer that made this club something special and now it being closed, we can take what was raised and help some needy shelters. We will create a new thread with some donation info when they are received so everybody can see the wonderful help that was able to be done by the THP Community collectively.

While we know the first thought is not always the good that can come out of it, it warms our hearts that together we can make such an impactful difference.

Thank you all, for being a part of something special and we hope you were able to reap the benefits of another year where the THP Members made such a difference.

Thanks for everything you guys do for us! This website has become like my 2nd home with all of the great people I have met on here. I already have my money set aside for the 2017 Albatross Membership and look forward to seeing how all of our 2016 memberships helped out.

Can't wait for 2017! 2016 was great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Looking forward to joining in 2017... This is a great community

The AC and the forum get better every year! Can't wait to be a proud AC member again in 2017 and see what all is in store for the coming year!

Can't wait for 2017. Glad I found the forums this year!

Deciding to join this forum and this club have paid dividends far beyond what I could have ever imagined. Looking forward to what's in store for next year.

Yes indeed, thank you for everything you do with the revenue taken in to help a great cause.

I was fortunate enough to have been given my 2016 AC membership in a pay it forward, and I cannot thank Cbaker2882 enough for it.

Albatross club is so awesome. Best golf decision I made by far. Gave me the opportunity to have one of the most fun weekends ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I signed up. Looking forward to seeing what's in store!

As much as it pains me to say this, with the economic/financial climate here in the UK following the EU exit referendum I am going to have to consider whether or not to renew my membership

Being in the UK, the only benefit I am currently getting from my membership is the reduced shipping costs, and with how little I have purchased there is a good chance that the cost of the membership has been more than what the shipping costs would have been for those items

I don't have the opportunity to attend any of the official events, and with the number of people entering contests I don't hold any hope of winning (I have won one item in all the time I have been a member here, which was a giveaway with a lot of different items at the time, and can't remember the last time I saw an overseas winner of a contest or testing opportunity)

The only lure is TheGrandaddy, but as per above, should I fool myself into thinking that I really have a chance?

I don't mean this to be a slight against the Albatross Club at all as I agree with the way that it helps different charities, but I need to be realistic about where I spend my money

We hope there is more lure than that, but THP will always remain free. For those that want more such as fantasy sports, exclusive contests, things such as holiday grab bag and more we offer the Albatross Club and it's support of THP.

We hope there is more lure than that, but THP will always remain free. For those that want more such as fantasy sports, exclusive contests, things such as holiday grab bag and more we offer the Albatross Club and it's support of THP.

At this point in time JB, unfortunately there isn't

Official events - to attend an event for me, I am probably looking at an additional £1500-£2000 on top of whatever the event costs to cover my travel and flights which isn't justifiable for me

Fantasy sports - I don't follow NFL / hockey so no point, and as stated in my post, I don't have access to watch or time to follow the PGA tour to work out who might be worth a pick for each event

Exclusive contests - when was the last time an overseas member won a contest or was picked for a testing opportunity? Genuinely curious as I can't remember?

As I already said, it is a shame because I do agree with the Albatross Club and what it supports

2016 Albatross Club is Now Open - THP Community Making A Difference

Official events - to attend an event for me, I am probably looking at an additional £1500-£2000 on top of whatever the event costs to cover my travel and flights which isn't justifiable for me

Fantasy sports - I don't follow NFL / hockey so no point, and as stated in my post, I don't have access to watch or time to follow the PGA tour to work out who might be worth a pick for each event

Exclusive contests - when was the last time an overseas member won a contest or was picked for a testing opportunity? Genuinely curious as I can't remember?

As I already said, it is a shame because I do agree with the Albatross Club and what it supports

It's not really a debate my friend, It's up to a person if they want to support and think it's worth it. To answer your question multiple non US members in the last 6 months have won contests.

If there is no lure for a person, or they can't or don't want to support it, then they should not consider it. It's offered for those that want more or want to support THP and the charities selected.

You had me at hello....

It's not really a debate my friend, It's up to a person if they want to support and think it's worth it. To answer your question multiple non US members in the last 6 months have won contests.

If there is no lure for a person, or they can't or don't want to support it, then they should not consider it. It's offered for those that want more or want to support THP and the charities selected.

I wasn't trying to debate anything, I posted my thoughts and the reasons behind it

Maybe in future I will just keep my thoughts to myself if I think they seem negative rather than gush about how good everything is

Happy to have joined this year and looking forward to next years sign up!

I wasn't trying to debate anything, I posted my thoughts and the reasons behind it

Maybe in future I will just keep my thoughts to myself if I think they seem negative rather than gush about how good everything is

I don't think you need to do that man! People join the albatross clubs for different reasons, or they don't.

I enjoy the posts from the other side of the pond, especially the U.K. Gatherings you guys host, but if you don't want to join the AC I don't think anyone is going to hold that against you man!

Doc,
I can sympathize to an extent since travel costs for me to go to an event are a bit higher than most. I believe I'm the only active THP member in Puerto Rico and have to be very judicious in terms of which ones will be possible for me.

Obviously I'm a lot closer than UK, but also face some shipping challenges as everything has to come via air. I did win a recent contest for a putter. It arrived UPS 2nd day, which costs quite a bit down here. Not sure if you want to count that as overseas, but the shipping challenges are similar.

I'm not trying to convince you to join - that's a personal decision. Just pointing out that I did win an "overseas" prize. Please don't take this as an attack as I enjoy your posts and honest opinions.

Look to the left to see who just signed up. My life is now complete. LOL

If you need more of a reason to sign up for Albatross club other than a wonderful cause and community (that was enough for me) check out that #grandaddy thread....

Back