2016 Blondes vs Brunettes for the Alzheimer's Association

nerfny

Reaction score
Handicap
20.9 GHIN
As many of you know this is my third year playing Blondes vs. Brunettes flag football to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association. I became involved with this group through my high school soccer coach who is also my fellow Brunette Bomber. My main reason for playing is my Grandma Cusson. She passed away when I was 15 years old from complications related to her dementia. She had come to live with my family after the passing of my grandfather earlier that year. I truly believe that he had been what held her in the here and now. After his passing her dementia accelerated rapidly. At that age I looked very similar to my Aunt Lori and my grandmother began to think that I was her. She would get confused about how she got to my parents home and many times had done things that could have caused a fire. It became evident that she needed round the clock care. Thankfully my mom was one of 8 children. As a family we came together to give my grandmother round the clock care. There are many families who are not that lucky and this is why I play.

Any donations that people can make is much appreciated. No dollar amount is to small. We may say that it is Blondes vs. Brunettes but we are one team to #ENDALZ

http://act.alz.org/site/TR/BvB/NY-NortheasternNewYork?px=8388395&pg=personal&fr_id=9567

TV coverage of last years game.
http://www.looktvonline.com/blondes-vs-brunettes/

95bf194fa927138c755d19e5f0f75783.jpg

a52e48d70b3c885232e5a4446c5a7400.jpg

5bd1a1e446c5e1deb592befa8daa1a05.jpg

dad8cca3d397242d3b97c7cc910e3e5d.jpg

How much would i have to donate for you to make Dean wear joggers for 18 holes of golf?

This is a great cause though I will be donating once i get on a comp.

It's a great cause and they are making strides in finding a cure. If you ever want to scare the sh- out of yourself, watch "Still Alice."

Alzheimer's is a disease that runs in my family; grandparents on both sides of my family died from it and as I understand it skips a generation, so here's to hoping. Regardless, it's a terrible disease to experience for all involved, which I have seen firsthand.

How much would i have to donate for you to make Dean wear joggers for 18 holes of golf?

I don't know but I'm going to work on him. ;)

I don't know but I'm going to work on him. ;)

Whoa! We just donated based on the idea that I assumed that was going to happen.

Whoa! We just donated based on the idea that I assumed that was going to happen.

Thank you!! I know how personal this is for you both.

Maybe you can get Dean a pair of joggers while your in California.

And donated with a matching gift from Travelers. Were going to blow past your $500 goal. Such a great cause. Good work Jenn. Now to see ddec in joggers

Last edited:

For this cause, there is a number. I'm not sure what it is yet. But there is a number.

This is always such a fun event to support and follow your prep for. In addition it's a cause very close to me as my mother has been battling dementia for 5 years now. Donation on the way.

I will be donating but one guy in joggers is one too many plus no one really wants to see ddec in joggers except Alex.

Always more than happy to donate to this very worthy cause. My father lost his battle with this disease about a year and a half ago. My lovely wife of 16.5 years is a brunette so I am definitely a big supporter of the Bombers!

Always more than happy to donate to this very worthy cause. My father lost his battle with this disease about a year and a half ago. My lovely wife of 16.5 years is a brunette so I am definitely a big supporter of the Bombers!
My team loves to prove that blondes don't have all the fun.
Sorry about your father. I would never wish this disease on anyone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When we figure out what the number is, I'll throw something in there.

Can we have ddec and OITW play together in joggers? High tops optional.

When we figure out what the number is, I'll throw something in there.

Can we have ddec and OITW play together in joggers? High tops optional.
I mean that would be the only way to go. Joggers w/OITW. We will sit down and come up with some ridiculous number that can't be reached and then set the bar $1 more than that haha

I mean that would be the only way to go. Joggers w/OITW. We will sit down and come up with some ridiculous number that can't be reached and then set the bar $1 more than that haha

We'd at least get you joggers in the right size.

Official practices start July 10th. I can't wait.

Such a worthy cause, thank you for your efforts to battle this terrible disease. My father is suffering with this and the toll on him and my mother is overwhelming. Glad to support this event and cause with a donation.

Such a worthy cause, thank you for your efforts to battle this terrible disease. My father is suffering with this and the toll on him and my mother is overwhelming. Glad to support this event and cause with a donation.
So sorry that your family is having to deal with this.

This cause and thread are certainly bump worthy.

I'll be donating when I get to a computer.

Jenn, probably a tapatalk skim, but when is the game?

September 10 at Skidmore

Finally was able to remember to logon to the site to donate. Great cause, thank you for your efforts in fighting this awful disease.

September 10 at Skidmore

I think we should make a weekend of it. Get some of the NE guys to come over, play golf in the AM. Football game at night, golf Sunday AM.

I think we should make a weekend of it. Get some of the NE guys to come over, play golf in the AM. Football game at night, golf Sunday AM.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I am in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back