2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a jerk. But does it make me MORE of a jerk that whenever I see somebody post a shirtless selfie on facebook I want to ask, "How much ya squat?"

I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. Travel and work has been killer. Maybe Wednesday I can get there

I know I'm a jerk. But does it make me MORE of a jerk that whenever I see somebody post a shirtless selfie on facebook I want to ask, "How much ya squat?"
Doesn't make you jerk. Im not necessarily into the shirtless pics but I'm not against someone being proud of what they worked for.

Doesn't make you jerk. Im not necessarily into the shirtless pics but I'm not against someone being proud of what they worked for.

I am a big fan of people being proud of what they work for, especially if their goals are to look slim with a shirt off.

What sparked this, a guy who goes to the same gym as me posted a shirtless selfie. His program split is as follows:

Monday: Chest and bis
Tuesday: Bis and tris
Wednesday chest and back
Thursday: light cardio
Friday: Beers and girls (I can get with that)
Saturday: Chest and shoulders

I am a big fan of people being proud of what they work for, especially if their goals are to look slim with a shirt off.

What sparked this, a guy who goes to the same gym as me posted a shirtless selfie. His program split is as follows:

Monday: Chest and bis
Tuesday: Bis and tris
Wednesday chest and back
Thursday: light cardio
Friday: Beers and girls (I can get with that)
Saturday: Chest and shoulders
If thats what he wants to do who cares.

The weekends bulk went good, getting me closer to the goal.

Today was arms, 5x5

Ez bar curls, DB Tricep extension, DB curls, Tricep cable extensions, BB curls, Tricep kick backs.

Throw in some abs and it was a great day in the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took one change room selfie after my 2 month mark and put it on Instagram and still feel like a complete idiot. Selfies are stupid no matter the situation.

I took one change room selfie after my 2 month mark and put it on Instagram and still feel like a complete idiot. Selfies are stupid no matter the situation.
I won't go that far, I guess pride is an important reason why most of us lift. Some of us have pride in the weight we move, others have pride in how we look.
I'm just a jerk because I find those who always skip leg day (and to a greater degree, short squaters) to be lazy and short cut takers in life.

I find leg day to be a microcosm of life

I won't go that far, I guess pride is an important reason why most of us lift. Some of us have pride in the weight we move, others have pride in how we look.
I'm just a jerk because I find those who always skip leg day (and to a greater degree, short squaters) to be lazy and short cut takers in life.

Wow is this a different side to Blu or at least a more accepting one? Hmmmmm I dont like it

Kidding, kidding I knew what you meant earlier. Half squatters are whack, whats the point? Leg days are a win win for me, especially when it comes to skiing!

Wow is this a different side to Blu or at least a more accepting one? Hmmmmm I dont like it

Kidding, kidding I knew what you meant earlier. Half squatters are whack, whats the point? Leg days are a win win for me, especially when it comes to skiing!
Oh, when the aesthetic lifters complain about "bad shoulders" between sets of heavy lateral raises, I shake my head

Oh, when the aesthetic lifters complain about "bad shoulders" between sets of heavy lateral raises, I shake my head
Just thrust those hips and lean wayyyy back, those 75lb raises are nothing lol #ouch

Just thrust those hips and lean wayyyy back, those 75lb raises are nothing lol #ouch
Haha. Yup. It's usually followed up by them telling me how bad presses are for the shoulders.

Yeah it was just a bad idea. I liked the strength I was getting back and cutting a little weight but I lost 3 inches of crap off my waist but I was really looking to see if my posture changed and it did. That was cool. But never ever again.

Haha. Yup. It's usually followed up by them telling me how bad presses are for the shoulders.
I do some raises but I could never imagine going heavy with them. I do really enjoy overhead presses tho

Back in the gym today for the first time in over a week, and man did I miss it. Squats, Bench, and Deads today, and I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling after missing. I was surprised that I was able to progress with my squat and officially hit 3x5 at 315. Bench was going alright but missed after 2 reps of my work set so backed it down and hit the rest of the sets. Deads were interesting; everything was going well until I got up to 315 (previous max was 365) and my back just felt off so I stopped since I didn't want to mess anything up. My brother did 295 so I gave that a try without belt and without straps and got all 5, something that my grip would not have handled a month ago. I decided not to press too much on my deads today since I was running late and pretty tired already, but will make sure to give it hell on Friday.

Back in the gym today for the first time in over a week, and man did I miss it. Squats, Bench, and Deads today, and I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling after missing. I was surprised that I was able to progress with my squat and officially hit 3x5 at 315. Bench was going alright but missed after 2 reps of my work set so backed it down and hit the rest of the sets. Deads were interesting; everything was going well until I got up to 315 (previous max was 365) and my back just felt off so I stopped since I didn't want to mess anything up. My brother did 295 so I gave that a try without belt and without straps and got all 5, something that my grip would not have handled a month ago. I decided not to press too much on my deads today since I was running late and pretty tired already, but will make sure to give it hell on Friday.
Did you hit the first set of 5 on the bench?

Did you hit the first set of 5 on the bench?

Negative. Looking back on it, I think it was probably mental as I hit 5lbs lighter without much of an issue; it was hard but doable.

Negative. Looking back on it, I think it was probably mental as I hit 5lbs lighter without much of an issue; it was hard but doable.
Reset next time and go for it again. Focus on the mechanics, not the total on the bar.

Just hit a new 5rm squat. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Well today I had all sorts of energy. I did my typical 2 miles in 18 mins run on the treadmill. Thing is, I still had tons of energy and my legs weren't tired. I hate running, I absolutely hate it, but today I just felt like I could keep going forever. It was a nice feeling. I ended up turning the speed up to 8.2 and ran the next 4 mins at a fast pace. I didn't get winded and my legs were still feeling good! I ended the run, since I had 40mins left to workout my arms. Was just a really nice feeling when running doesn't feel like a lot of work.

Sweaty neoprene is a distinct odor.

Not the bestest squats ever filmed, but I'm happy with the new 5rm

Pretty damn sore after last night and I'll say the foam roller is feeling pretty good. Hurts but man it loosens that stuff up and leaves you feeling relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back