2017 Bridgestone e6 Speed and e6 Soft Golf Balls Review Thread

Thanks for the reply! The THP spots have become can't miss media for me. Fun and informative...great work!

Thanks my friend. This one is all about golf balls and Adam really explains not only the two new e6 golf balls, but also how they came about.

I like the idea of a soft version but I'll pass when balls like the Supersoft and Soft Feel do everything the e6 does and even better for me than an e6.
Never understood what the benefit of 3pc's on a surlyn ball is.

The mantle layer is supposed to reduce driver spin, right?

Dave

The mantle layer is supposed to reduce driver spin, right?

Dave

It depends on how the core of the ball is cured. It can reduce driver spin. It can also increase friction between layers which can increase spin on approach shots. It can also make the ball slightly firmer, which will increase ball speed.

My first quick take away from the "Uncut" interview is that the e6 Soft/Speed is the RX330-RXS/RX core with an Surlyn cover.
As soon as I heard about how the core had different firmness within it, the correlation came to mine.

The e6 speed really intrigues me...I could really use a lower launching ball...gonna have to test them out

Listened to the podcast. They didn't mention the compression for each ball. Does anyone know ?

Interesting that they are creating two e6's but it makes sense to me I believe still need to listen to the podcast.

I know from my time at Bstone U that they know what they are doing when it comes to ball design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a dozen of the E6 Soft today and will try them out tomorrow. Box shows E6 Soft is for Moderate swing speeds and E6 Speed is for Fast swing speeds.

Picked up a dozen of the E6 Soft today and will try them out tomorrow. Box shows E6 Soft is for Moderate swing speeds and E6 Speed is for Fast swing speeds.

Same here, putting the soft to play Sunday morning.

Same here, putting the soft to play Sunday morning.

Where did you find them? Have not seen them at PGA Superstore yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm anxious for today results lol

I have played the E6 Soft for two rounds. I was previously fit by Bridgestone at a live fitting for the E6. The new E6 Soft definitely has a different feel than the previous one. It is noticeably softer off all clubs for me (not a bad thing!). Still seems pretty straight. Distance is similar to the previous version. Durability is good. I have been playing the new Srixon Soft Feels recently and the Srixon's seem to give me more distance and stopping power, although I do not get a lot of backspin on shots. Not unhappy with the new version but need more rounds to get a good comparison.

Good feedback TD. Looking forward to hearing more.

I was fortunate enought to get one of the media packs. The weather here in the NW right now is quite wet, so I havent got on the course yet. I did go the putting green today and putted, chipped and pitched with the old E6, the new E6 Soft, E6 speed and the Pro V 1's provided in the media kit. I am a low spin player and with the greens are drenched right now, so it is tough to gauge spin. I did get a good sense of feel though. Understandebly, the Pro V felt the hardest probably cause it has the highest compression. The next hardest was the E6 speed. I would compare it to being a touch softer than the feel of the Q star, which is a ball I played a few years ago. I felt the new E6 soft was a touch softer feeling than the old E6, but not by much. The balls itself look the same, the only different being the E6 logos. The yellow old E6 and the new E6 yellow's also seem to be the same as well. Hopefully it stops raining soon so I can get these out on the course and give more feedback.

I'm in a similar situation except it's been work and not weather. Had them all out putting, but not a huge difference from that standpoint. Plan to get out to a launch monitor as soon as I can.

Was in Arizona this past week and picked up two dozen of the e6 Soft.

Put it in play on Friday and proceeded to have the best round of my life (an 80) !!

Currently my index is a 13.4. My previous low score was an 82.

Needless to say, I loved this new model from Bridgestone.

I've been a fan of the e6 for a couple years. I regularly play it and the Callaway Superhot 55 as my regular gamers.

Some thoughts on new ball.

It's very soft. I'd guess it's compression is right around the Callaway Superhot 55. It feels great on impact with every club in your bag (if you like playing softer balls).

It had a great trajectory off the tee. Not overly penetrating, but didn't balloon either. I'd say an average amount of roll out. My drives were right in my usual 245 to 265 average. But I didn't hit a single slice OB all day. It could have just been me having a great round, but it did seem like my baby fade was locked in all day even on some less than stellar swings.

Very easy to hit with my woods and long irons. Very high ball flight. Didn't get too much roll out on the greens when I was hitting into them. On a par 5 I eagled, the ball stopped 6 feet from my ball mark (using a 5 wood 218 out).

Didn't really notice a difference with my mid irons. Nice and high ball flight.

As per usual with soft balls, you don't get a lot of spin around the green, but I found these to be as good as it gets in this category.

I couldn't really tell a difference putting with these vs the previous e6.

Will be playing again next weekend back in CA and will report back after round 2. But so far, this is my new go to ball.

Has anyone here played them that mostly play the B330 series? How do they compare?

Has anyone here played them that mostly play the B330 series? How do they compare?

I have with the e6 Soft.
Softer at impact. Less spin as well.

I've been gaming the B330RX all year and was lucky enough to receive one of the media kits. I will be able to give you some initial thoughts after my round the weekend of the 10th.

Looking forward to your thoughts DT. Im playing both balls this week myself.

E6 was the first ball that introduced me to the bridgestone line. Used it for a couple of seasons until I stepped up to the B330 line. I still keep a sleeve of E6s in my bag though. Played one the other day when I took my son out. Great ball and the softer version would be sweet. I would try some when they become available.

Keeping the fingers crossed that I can actually get these out tomorrow morning.

Played nine holes with e6 speed. Hated it. I play bs balls all the time. Hard off driver, no spin with my irons, pitching around greens and putting was ok. But new Cleveland rtx wedge helped with that, guess it kinda of reminded me of e7. I don't get who this ball is for, distance was not great off driver. It did go very straight off my irons. Probably e6 soft is the one to play. Frankly not impressed. Will be looking for another mid priced ball. Will try e6 soft. But then srixon is next

Back