2017 Presidents Cup

Looking forward to the event. It is interesting how they rerouted the holes using the 5th hole as the 1st hole, and ending the round with two par 3 on the last 3 holes. They said on the radio most matches don't reach the last 3 holes. We'll have to wait and see how that plays out.

The international team may be the best they've put together. I think it will be closer than people think. I'm going to be able to watch most of the Thursday matches and all the Friday matches. Should be a great atmosphere there in NY.

Tough Conditions, very windy.

Some really bad golf by the last group.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigers reaction to Phil missing that putt for the win on 18 was priceless, you would have thought Phil lost the President's Cup. I am sure it will be on twitter soon

I agree with those thinking it may be closer than expected. Somehow Adam Scott and Hideki Matsuyama need to play their best...

Reid, Spieth, Fowler, Thomas... still have Kuch, Phil, Kisner, Koepka, DJ and others on the bench. The US team is ridiculous.

Tigers reaction...

We’re dangerously close to locking this up today. #SkullDragged

We’re dangerously close to locking this up today. #SkullDragged

Dumb question, but will they still complete all the single matches regardless of whether it's decided early?

Dumb question, but will they still complete all the single matches regardless of whether it's decided early?

Yes

I love the energy and camaraderie of the US team. They've figured out a winning formula for team competitions in the last couple years and I look forward to seeing more success from the U.S squad.

I was at the Ryder Cup last year and these events are an absolute blast to attend. I will definitely be attending the next one on U.S. soil at Whistling Straits in 2020.

All the Callaway guys should be using the red/white/blue Truvis balls this weekend!

I wonder how come none of the player's use the Truvis balls!?!

That will be great !!!

I wonder if they can start sitting Spieth in Sunday singles from here on out? :alien:

Some pics from today. Good weather.

c56d04ed68583fc6b03646cc755868a2.jpg
3470b3d7006b283f71d6f8eda048c1ac.jpg
7a73a574517d63ff3aa22fcb850b64f3.jpg
cc7a17f87bae0fdae0c8681282f7b5be.jpg

Lots of articles already about how to "fix" this event. I throughly enjoyed it but I do have a question and something I gleaned from some articles. Seems the Int team was just over matched. Where are the bigger stars for them? McIlroy, G. McDowell, Ian Poulter? This is what I found as to how the team was formed but I imagine Rory would be in this group but none of those guys were listed on top 300.

The top 10 international players (excluding those eligible for the European Ryder Cup team) from the Official World Golf Ranking as of September 4, 2017.
• Two Captain’s selections, to be named on September 6, 2017

Back