2018 Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls Review Thread

I had a chance to test out the prior gen ball for another site and was extremely happy with the results I got. For a 2 pc ball lower compression ball I'd put it up there with any on the market. The Soft Feel and the Supersoft are my two favorite Surlyn 2 pc balls. For me they played similarly but the Soft Feel wasn't as marshmellowy soft off the clubs and putter as the Supersoft was. Both fly high and straight and long and as long as the greens have some moisture in them usually stop on well struck shots.
Granted you won't be able to play the high spinner chip with a surlyn ball but they do alot of things well.
During my testing time I actually shot my personal best score ever of +3 (74) with the Soft Feel. So it has sentimental value.

I only switched to a urethane ball this season mainly as an experiment to see if my scores would drop. So far regardless of the ball choice I still seem to average an 83.
Also the matte balls intrigued me so I have been dabbling with those as well.

Looking forward to trying the new ball.

Nice write up Dean! I tested the Titliest TS ball and really liked the performance off the tee and came to adjust how I played that particular ball green side.... TS definitely rolled out more than normal gamers. With that said, I’ll give these a go if only to compare to Titliest TS experience. I like the price point and I’m not anti 2-piece balls.... certainly cheaper to lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I have not met anyone who liked the previous versions and of this ball. They are going to have to do a lot to change people’s minds around here. I am certainly up for giving them a try but there are some solid offerings in a similar price category. I almost feel like they should have renamed it something else if it is a significant change just because how poorly it is received currently. Again, that may just be the thoughts where I live and I hope it’s a winner for them as I really like most of their balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's meet! I like the previous version.

If i played a 2-piece ball, this would be it. Long and straight off the tee, with acceptable iron spin.

The gradient core essentially acts as a 3-piece

I'm not sure what is different from the previous generation

Fully acknowledging that I am not aware of previous offerings with Srixon or others with this tech, but the EGG Core sounds pretty darn interesting. Changing the softness/hardness within a single layer of the ball just sounds very hard to do!

To further your interest, Srixon has used E.G.G. in the Z-Star premium balls for quite a while, and to great effect IMO. Bridgestone's "Hydrocore" used in the B330 series accomplishes the same gradient effect, and the TourB uses a "gradation technology" core that I'd assume is still hydrocore though not emphasized/marketed as such?

If i played a 2-piece ball, this would be it. Long and straight off the tee, with acceptable iron spin.

The gradient core essentially acts as a 3-piece

I'm not sure what is different from the previous generation

Possibly dimple count/pattern - stated now as 338 dimples. In the AD333T (QST) the pattern went from 324 -> 338 in the 2018 update over here. Which makes sense is their new standard.

That's 4.3% more dimples - free!

That is surprising to me, but could be a small sample size. As mentioned, its not a huge seller, but its a solid golf ball in the $20 segment. Some could argue it is one of the best in class in that segment. I mean comparing it to the Tour Soft at $15 most would not be able to tell a difference, and with the construction, they are very similar products.

I would agree JB, I have always liked the soft feel and felt they were right up there in best $20 category...As a self described "ball snob" I would not use this ball in season during a normal round, but I would usually buy a dozen for off season and preseason rounds...last year I changed to the Optix as I liked the matte finish and the colors make it easier to find in the leaves

Just ordered a couple dozen. If I get them before my round next weekend, I'll report back.

Been my favorite ball for years!

I wonder how the new Soft Feel compare to the Srixon Ulti Soft balls I am playing.

Does anyone know the compression on the Soft Feel.

I read compression is 60. My game has been off so I picked up a dozen of these in white to try. $20 ball is not as bad as the Q star Tours being lost! Anyway, I really liked the was they play. Soft feel (sorry) off the driver and pretty long. Irons are accurate. Short game check and roll a little more but if you know this you can allow for this. Putter felt good. Nice ball for the price. Not a ProV 1 but manageable for me. Tim

I need to get a dozen to try. This ball will always have a warm fuzzy for me as the Soft Feel is my HIO ball.

Was some solid social media love there Dean!

Did some testing with these today on the monitor. Took driver, 8 iron, and 56 wedge. Did those pesky 50-60 yard pitch shots as well as some full swings. Srixon talked about some extra spin, and while there are balls that are going to spin more, numbers wise I feel I was ok with them. Will post some of those tomorrow. But it reaffirmed what I saw all last week when I could hit a full wedge shot and enough grab to get me interested. Same for some full iron shots. Maybe I'm dumb, but I wouldn't have expeted what I saw. From the tee, they work just fine no qualms there. Solid ball for 20 bucks.

@ddec did you get any in yellow? Is it a nice bright yellow?

@ddec did you get any in yellow? Is it a nice bright yellow?

I took the pics that are in the OP, there are some yellow in there. I think its a good shade, not much different than the Z star yellow

Thanks, I need to clean my glasses. :laughing:
I took the pics that are in the OP, there are some yellow in there. I think its a good shade, not much different than the Z star yellow

Thanks, I need to clean my glasses. :laughing:

it's all good dude. Some skip over that and go to the last post, I know I'm guilty of it.

Here is some data on 100 yard shots with my 56 wedge

i-fx8DpHt-XL.jpg

Last edited:
posted this in the Superlite thread too, but here are some driver numbers.

i-xD5MVZW-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the pitch shots with my sand wedge

3dd364d11de4b7a533d48aba1676d1f9.png

Back