2018 Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls Review Thread

Just for some thoughts. I did a test not too long ago hitting the same New Level 56° wedge with a Z Star ball. Here are the differences in spin.

100 yard: Z Star 8551 Soft Feel 7812
Pitch shot: Z star 7216 Soft Feel 5613

Another excellent @ddec review.

Thank you sir.

There is something I'd like to test a bit further just wasnt in the cards and that is comparing to q Star. Wondering how much difference in performance Id see there because the presence of both in the lineup is curious to me.

Great review @ddec

Love seeing the data and the comparisons to the Z star. Looks like a very solid option especially at that price point.

Great review @ddec

Love seeing the data and the comparisons to the Z star. Looks like a very solid option especially at that price point.

thanks. While some don't like comparing a 2 piece ball to a tour performance ball, I thought it was interesting to look at what I'd be giving up in terms of full and partial swings.

Thank you sir.

There is something I'd like to test a bit further just wasnt in the cards and that is comparing to q Star. Wondering how much difference in performance Id see there because the presence of both in the lineup is curious to me.

Funnily enough, as mentioned earlier in this thread I have done that, albeit with both the previous iterations Soft Feel vs AD333, and definitely not with the rigour and assiduousness of a proper published review, but AD333 definitely felt like it stopped just that little bit better than SoftFeel...but there's a bigger jump between AD333 & AD333Tour, as you might expect.

Funnily enough, as mentioned earlier in this thread I have done that, albeit with both the previous iterations Soft Feel vs AD333, and definitely not with the rigour and assiduousness of a proper published review, but AD333 definitely felt like it stopped just that little bit better than SoftFeel...but there's a bigger jump between AD333 & AD333Tour, as you might expect.

AD333 is the Q-Star from across the pond right? If you, I agree with you there because I regularly play the Q-Star Tour.

Great review Dean. I wish Srixon offered the Ulti-Soft ball here in the US like they do in Europe.

thanks. While some don't like comparing a 2 piece ball to a tour performance ball, I thought it was interesting to look at what I'd be giving up in terms of full and partial swings.

This info was really useful ddec. Thanks for the excellent review and sharing the comparison. I do rely on spin for those 50y shots, as I deloft more than you on them. Is that extra spin worth $20-25 more per dozen? Highly debatable, but it’s great to have the info at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AD333 is the Q-Star from across the pond right? If you, I agree with you there because I regularly play the Q-Star Tour.
Yes mate, QST =AD333Tour, QS = AD333

Last edited:
2018 Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls Review Thread

Saw these at Dicks last week. $19.99.
Soft Feel Brite in green, orange and red matte finish.

4ebcfabe600d8dd485568def698bef1c.jpg

490dbe39de4832530e82109763d0de18.jpg

42a4cbcfd7294a000c7dd4264e0d05ff.jpg

My only knock on the new matte balls are they felt slick so many of the other matte balls which is a deal breaker for me.
If I am going to play a matte ball it has to feel grabby like the Cally Supersoft/Superhot Bold or the Volvik Vivid.

Back