2018 The Grandaddy: Live Update Thread

Finally got my shadow boxes done and have them on display in my cubicle at work for everyone to see. Already receiving compliments on them!
f9c21a56a07ade734c310006eda62131.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome shadow box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think this picture has seen the light of day yet.

I present to you THP the true internet golferest of internet golfers. Army Golf, less than 5 minutes after seeing his clubs for the first time ever:

014679da0506e859b317c19eeb51cee1.jpg

*He did discuss this with his fitters and it was a planned modification....it’s still hilarious*
Love this so much! :D Seriously one of my favorite pics now.

The true Grandaddy prize and honor has arrived...Championship breakfast burritos. Thank you THP!

7d15cdc67c54ba555c6650c85f6f63c1.jpg

Yum! I’d eat two or three right now.

How did dacatlyst get away with an under armour jacket??

Probably because we all needed rain gear in the worse way possible so we wore whatever we could.

I don’t think this picture has seen the light of day yet.

I present to you THP the true internet golferest of internet golfers. Army Golf, less than 5 minutes after seeing his clubs for the first time ever:

014679da0506e859b317c19eeb51cee1.jpg

*He did discuss this with his fitters and it was a planned modification....it’s still hilarious*
I should never hear about iron covers again

I should never hear about iron covers again

Noooo. That’s not an option. Don’t feel bad. Army Golf is going to hear about them as much as you though. He let you do it.

Noooo. That’s not an option. Don’t feel bad. Army Golf is going to hear about them as much as you though. He let you do it.

Not a chance. I've never felt so betrayed in my life as when I trundled back to the buggy and saw those hideous things hiding his irons.

Ok. Folks. It’s official.

The Grandaddy broke me. I traded in some old clubs at DSG today. I purchased:

A bottle of soda.

That’s it. I couldn’t find anything else I needed or wanted to buy. I’ll be saving the couple hundred bucks for golf balls when the ERC comes to retail.

True story. I’m the same way 3 years later. Still have my Hybrids and irons in the bag. I will be going CF19 for sure though.

It appears as though, not official before 6:54am this morning via twitter that the Grandaddy of 2019 May very well be coming back.

This team did everything they could to bring it back for another year and I couldn’t be more proud of you guys for pushing this through the roof and an above and beyond coverage of it. The 18’ Grandaddy Team will indeed go down in infamy. Be proud of yourselves fellas and T4K & AssCap. Kudos!

It appears as though, not official before 6:54am this morning via twitter that the Grandaddy of 2019 May very well be coming back.

This team did everything they could to bring it back for another year and I couldn’t be more proud of you guys for pushing this through the roof and an above and beyond coverage of it. The 18’ Grandaddy Team will indeed go down in infamy. Be proud of yourselves fellas and T4K & AssCap. Kudos!

I saw that tweet as well!! This is VERY good news!!

This is a great news and, yeah, this team was really special. Really felt like I was there with them in terms of the engagement and the post embargo feedback has been instrumental in way too much money spent.

Glad to hear it shall return!

How you guys liking the Fairway woods and did anyone try a 7 wood or heaven wood?

I’m sorry if there is a Flash Fairway Wood thread out there that I didn’t see.

How you guys liking the Fairway woods and did anyone try a 7 wood or heaven wood?

There is a separate thread on the fairway woods.

Going into #TheGrandaddy I felt that fairway woods were a definite weakness of mine. I have found both the 3w and 5w so easy to hit that I now look forward to pulling one or the other out of the bag. I love the way the ball jumps off the face and the trajectory that I see is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I have gained such confidence in my fairway woods since these went in the bag.

Going into #TheGrandaddy I felt that fairway woods were a definite weakness of mine. I have found both the 3w and 5w so easy to hit that I now look forward to pulling one or the other out of the bag. I love the way the ball jumps off the face and the trajectory that I see is perfect as far as I'm concerned. I have gained such confidence in my fairway woods since these went in the bag.

Thanks are they just as good off the deck as the tee?

Here's the thread.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=111879&share_fid=1297&share_type=t

I love the way the standard Epic Flash fairways launch. I was concerned about turf interaction, but that's not a concern anymore. I've hit 3W into driver territory off the tee as well. Feel at impact is crisp and the ball seems to just launch off the face. I didn't try the 7W or Heavenwood but I had a specific setup in mind.

I was talking about off the deck!

That's scary.

Awesome shadow box...

Thanks man...

Not a chance. I've never felt so betrayed in my life as when I trundled back to the buggy and saw those hideous things hiding his irons.
I'm still wondering why he would want to hide so much beauty??!!

So I went through the questions that the forum members posed before we went and they have all been answered already to the point of what all we are aloud or can say or were told. Lol.

2018 The Grandaddy: Live Update Thread

My 3w is ridiculously good off the tees and the deck. It’s long and very easy to hit, just all around good.

Thank you for the kind words. I am so happy the Grandaddy is returning in 2019 and I couldn’t be more proud of the guys for the role they had in helping to make that happen. I can’t wait to folllow along with next years team.

I play my 3w off a tee and off the deck about equally I think.

Too me the face is shallow enough to be comfortable off the deck, but it functions well off the tee too. I really don’t have the feeling that it won’t perform as well one way or the other.

Updated my pic in this shadowbox with a better pic. Man, when I walk into my cubicle at work I am instantly happy bc it brings back so many amazing memories!
aa10508f0dfad3fe7b69f708827fa39f.jpg

I don’t think anybody else got a 7 wood, but it is in my bag, and if my area wasn’t covered in this white stuff I could get some info out. Like I said in my recap Of the fitting, I hit the 7 wood 225 and was extremely happy. I might get a chance to go to the simulator maybe next weekend and can get some #s

Back