2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

The Grandaddy is just so freaking ridiculous.

The experience is once in a lifetime (for most) - an all access pass to Callaway & The Hideaway. The gear is pre-release and top of the line and hard to even put a value on, unfortunately I had to at Customs lol. The fact that the whole thing happens for the cost of parking your car at the airport for 4 days is mind boggling.

Enjoy the ride guys. It happens so fast once you're there so just make sure to find the energy and interact with everyone you can.

That’s what you get for being Canadian.

This post couldn’t be more accurate. It’s an absurd experience, that you all won’t really wrap your head around until you’re there - any maybe until you’re headed home from the Hideaway the last time. We can talk all we want about it, and I think the vets have done a fantastic job putting it all in perspective, but it really is insane. The red carpet that gets rolled out for a bunch of us Internet golfers every year is out of this world. Ridiculous is the right word.

I'm definitely intrigued by the super hybrid, depending how it gaps between 3 wood and my lowest iron.

Right now I go 5i-HW-3+ so if it fits somewhere in there I’ll be happy.

There is one thing that seemed to set the tone for me for the entire event which is not mentioned or at least not mentioned much. That first day, after getting off the bus, walking into Callaway HQ and signing our NDA's, we then walked through the doors into and past a set of cubicles. As we did, Finley announced us to everyone there as Team THP for #TheGrandaddy. Everyone in that department stood up and gave us a standing ovation! It gave me goose bumps to be welcomed like that!

There is one thing that seemed to set the tone for me for the entire event which is not mentioned or at least not mentioned much. That first day, after getting off the bus, walking into Callaway HQ and signing our NDA's, we then walked through the doors into and past a set of cubicles. As we did, Finley announced us to everyone there as Team THP for #TheGrandaddy. Everyone in that department stood up and gave us a standing ovation! It gave me goose bumps to be welcomed like that!

what?! that’s badass!!!!

Finley
Neubarth
Lex
Luke
Hashtag
DNevs
Ethan
HeyPete
ScottyG
Tyler
Sean Toulon
Vrska

This is such a great remembrance. That moment set the tone. We were something more than just guests on a golf trip, it was our first introduction to the collective culture at Callaway and the type of individuals we would be interacting with on the trip.

S**t. Almost down to 3 weeks. The airport stress dreams are starting to ramp up. From something as innocent as forgetting shoes to getting to the gate as the plane is taxiing to the runway.

Screenshot_20191109-110559_Time Until.jpg

So missing out on some beautiful weather today because of work be have a round scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping to get in another 27 holes for practice.

Not December Hideaway but iowa golf in November

Attachments

• 26E4D6C8-BD52-4C38-BFC1-A72BCCABC1E5.jpeg
    26E4D6C8-BD52-4C38-BFC1-A72BCCABC1E5.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14
Another favorite.

Attachments

• 5A339998-A3BB-41AB-99E2-1267524561ED.jpeg
    5A339998-A3BB-41AB-99E2-1267524561ED.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20

That was really awesome. There were so many of those little moments that really make the event special. I can not explain just how nice and friendly everyone was. It didn't feel like they were working, or like they had to be there. Everyone I interacted with was just super genuine and great to hang out with.

I love that coin!

That coin is bad ass! If anyone from this years team could pick me one up I’ll make it worth your while. It’s one thing I didn’t buy that I wish I would have.

Seen some IG posts by the @hideawaygolfclub

hoping to get some practice or maybe even a round in today. i’m gonna need it. game keeps trending in the wrong direction, and @JasonFinleyCG is all but guaranteed to be in top form when we play. regardless, i can’t wait to be with him and the rest of the zoo crew.

i’m still in awe that this event exists. it often leaves me speechless. i have built it up so high in my mind, yet somehow it will exceed my expectations. every year builds on and surpasses the last, so even though 2018 was perfection, this year could include some surprises that will make it the best ever. and little old me, and my little old teammates, are blessed to experience it. i’ll never know why, and there will probably always be a part of me that feels somewhat guilty that it’s me instead of so many other fantastic forum members, but i am going to dive into every moment and do my best to bring the forum along for the ride.

Be afraid of that swing...be very afraid.

Yea I’m talking to you, ZooCrew members

Wonder how @Luke WilliamsCG is doing today? Had a little trip to Japan scheduled, maybe he was going for some putting lessons?!!! Really looking forward to rolling the rock with him.

Back