2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

and now know that my equipment does not fit me well.

Boy, are you in luck!

The Grandadddy has made upgrading my equipment pointless.

Any past participants have yardage books? Would love to see some of the layout and yardage ahead of time.
I completely understand this sentiment but I'm not sure it's really going to make much difference. Everything is pretty much in front of you on these courses. There's so much excitement and newness with the clubs and with the shotguns starts and playing with a partner and bantering with the ZooCrew guys .... there's a lot going on to make this unlike your normal rounds of golf. Rather than focus on the yardages I would recommend finding a way to get into a comfortable rhythm.

I completely understand this sentiment but I'm not sure it's really going to make much difference. Everything is pretty much in front of you on these courses. There's so much excitement and newness with the clubs and with the shotguns starts and playing with a partner and bantering with the ZooCrew guys .... there's a lot going on to make this unlike your normal rounds of golf. Rather than focus on the yardages I would recommend finding a way to get into a comfortable rhythm.

Good advice here!

no no no.....its NAWWWWLens

Just wait lol

You have seen me throw em back in person...I’ll def be enjoying multiple adult beverages per 9!

Question that I hope every participant on the team answers.

How much did you improve from the time you were selected to now? Handicap improvements? General swing improvements? Give me your thoughts.

My journey has been a bit different than the rest of my team. Being the final participant selected on October 8 gave me just shy of 2 months before the big day.

I have been playing pretty good golf overall during 2019 so I didn’t not want to get any lessons and embark on any sort of swing change. I decided to focus my efforts on inside of 50 yds and specifically pitching and chipping as this has always been a weakness of mine that has cost me 2-5 strokes/round. I feel like I am developing a stock go to shot and have even been able to mix in some variety of shots when the situation has called for it.

I also have trying to work on course management as I feel this is a weakness and could easily save me a shot or 2 per round. This is still a work in progress as I always have the urge to go for it.

The fact that this is real is so close to taking place is mind blowing. I can speak for the whole team when I say we all feel so lucky and blessed to get to experience this event and will do everything in our power to hopefully bring this event back again for 2020!

Oh, I'm not really looking for it to make a difference. There's no master plan to study all the yardage behind the request. It's just that there's not much information regarding the course on their site (at least that I could find).

I'm more or less just curious about a few things like where and how far out the trouble is. Hole layouts. Essentially, just 2 weeks out and hungry for info :)

Just a quick piece of advice. During this event, the thread will be going fast and furious. Participants always ask how they can get the rest of the forum involved. The best way possible is to step away from the chat room, and make yourself known on the forum.

Talking about practice? Hit up the Practice and Range thread.
Talking about handicaps, hit up that thread.
Talking about gear, shafts, fitting, there are literally no 6+ million posts on the THP Forum.

Be heard. Be seen. Be active and people will have a vested interest in caring what you and this team does this year.

step away from the chat room, and make yourself known on the forum.

be careful what you wish for. pubegate and milk fetish have already happened. and trust me when i say that’s only the tip of this weird ass iceberg.

but i mean that half jokingly. sure we exchange messages throughout the day. but not much of it relates to thp. it’s just dudes talking about life more than golf. so that when we are wheels down in california, there is no get to know you phase. we can skip that and just lean into the experience and the forum, since we’ve already gotten to know each other way more than most of us probably wanted haha

we are two weeks away and all of us are a bundle of nerves and excitement. i can’t wait to bring the forum along for the ride!

be careful what you wish for. pubegate and milk fetish have already happened. and trust me when i say that’s only the tip of this weird ass iceberg.

but i mean that half jokingly. sure we exchange messages throughout the day. but not much of it relates to thp. it’s just dudes talking about life more than golf. so that when we are wheels down in california, there is no get to know you phase. we can skip that and just lean into the experience and the forum, since we’ve already gotten to know each other way more than most of us probably wanted haha

we are two weeks away and all of us are a bundle of nerves and excitement. i can’t wait to bring the forum along for the ride!

I’m sure it is. It was more a metaphor to step out of comfort zone and enjoy the people here, so they can live vicariously through you on this amazing trip.

I’m sure it is. It was more a metaphor to step out of comfort zone and enjoy the people here, so they can live vicariously through you on this amazing trip.

it’s so weird to think about the script flipping. for the past few years i followed every minute of the gd threads. sure i was jealous, but i was also so excited for those guys. now, people are going to see me that way. i hope i can do the event justice like so many in the past who came before me. i’m grateful beyond words for the calming effect of @mikeg_74 and also the rest of my team who are committed to bringing nonstop content.

it’s so weird to think about the script flipping. for the past few years i followed every minute of the gd threads. sure i was jealous, but i was also so excited for those guys. now, people are going to see me that way. i hope i can do the event justice like so many in the past who came before me. i’m grateful beyond words for the calming effect of @mikeg_74 and also the rest of my team who are committed to bringing nonstop content.

You should run for office. :ROFLMAO:

2020.gif

Another day done and another day closer. The anticipation if very real.

Oh, I'm not really looking for it to make a difference. There's no master plan to study all the yardage behind the request. It's just that there's not much information regarding the course on their site (at least that I could find).

I'm more or less just curious about a few things like where and how far out the trouble is. Hole layouts. Essentially, just 2 weeks out and hungry for info :)
There are some golf apps on the phones that can show the individual holes with yardages in a sort of "demo" mode. None that I know of can show the course layout. The one that I have used that shows both courses is FunGolf GPS but now is called TAG Heuer Golf.

There are some golf apps on the phones that can show the individual holes with yardages in a sort of "demo" mode. None that I know of can show the course layout. The one that I have used that shows both courses is FunGolf GPS but now is called TAG Heuer Golf.
I used Hole19 golf for my previews.

a little pairing conversation with @mikeg_74 this morning has me pretty freaking excited

a little pairing conversation with @mikeg_74 this morning has me pretty freaking excited

we’ll keep these close to the vest for now, but I like the pairings for Day 1 whatever the format is. Day 2 is a little tricky trying to make sure we get the singles paired correctly, but I like our plan

Back