2019 Grandaddy of em All Event with Callaway Golf

That was completely overblown....
1b6a24d09e8a267d290ecd3f3608206b.jpg

Dude that is perfection. Hell, if I’m ever lucky enough to be chosen to the grandaddy and team thp, I’m getting a shirt made with that photo on it and the words “we’re back for more” under it. #legendary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I want to know.

Who's pretty sure they're going to get their ticket punched this year?

the closest i got to feeling “sure” was when finley announced the last member of the 2018 team. he said, “i don’t know how to pronounce this person’s name” and my heart skipped a beat. my member name was different then haha

other than that, never been sure. but i’ll sure as sh1t try my best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just like I start every round thinking I'm going to shoot in the 70's, every contest I think i'm going to get picked. The power of positive thinking!

I can only imagine how close some of the participants from each Grandaddy have become. You all text/talked to each other on so many occasions and then virtually stayed together for a better part of a week night and day. The bonds that developed probably will last many of you a lifetime. I guess you can liken it to those that have been involved in a reality tv show together. It’s just amazing to think a simple golf forum was what lead to such friendships and memories.

These 12 guys have become some of my closest friends in just a shirt period of time and helped me through a lot. I honestly dont know how I would have made it through my grandfather passing without them. I've never had such a supportive group of friends/brothers! We are family and I love these guys and cant wait until we get together for our reunion! To the next group of guys, make sure you bond and stick close together because that closeness is the glue to the team. @PhillyV played a huge part in this glue! I wouldn't have wanted to experience this event any different than the way it happened! Getting all dusty over here rn!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last years Grandaddy members did such a great job updating the thread before during and after I feel like I got to know them. I hope if I get the honor of being selected to be in this event I can carry on that legacy. They did such a great job especially during the event I forgot I was working some days.

I don't normally commute through much actual traffic, but this morning I was stuck in commuter traffic, and I couldn't help but smile, the last time I was stuck in traffic like that, I was on a bus with the ZooCrew and my brothers on Team THP, and some tasty beverages....this traffic today was much less good. :laughing:

Moments like that keep popping up, even still. This is what you have to look forward to if you're lucky enough to be selected.

My wife and took our kids to the park today and we all hit golf balls. Before The Grandaddy, my wife would barely look at a club. Today, she had fun. She saw the effect this trip had on me and wanted the family to be a part of it.

Gamechanger

I am damn sure I'm going to try as best I can. All I can do.

And pray to any and every deity. hahaha

It's been said so many times but this event is so much more than the golf, so much more than a belt and so much more than equipment. It's something special that cannot truly be explained. You become a part of a pretty small and very special family.
When I reminisce about what we experienced about 6 weeks ago, my first thoughts are always about the people and the bonds we've developed (and continue to develop) and personal interactions we were fortunate enough to enjoy...all the love and fellowship shared over a shared passion for golf.

My wife and took our kids to the park today and we all hit golf balls. Before The Grandaddy, my wife would barely look at a club. Today, she had fun. She saw the effect this trip had on me and wanted the family to be a part of it.

Gamechanger
I hope the other park goers were unharmed! LOL :D .... Seriously though, I know you were hoping your wife would give golf a try at some point so this is cool news, brother!

the closest i got to feeling “sure” was when finley announced the last member of the 2018 team. he said, “i don’t know how to pronounce this person’s name” and my heart skipped a beat. my member name was different then haha

other than that, never been sure. but i’ll sure as sh1t try my best.

I was there for that recording, and I'll tell you guys what....

He was absolutely pumped to record it. You guys getting selected is just as exciting for them as it is for us.

The effing Grandaddy.

When I reminisce about what we experienced about 6 weeks ago, my first thoughts are always about the people and the bonds we've developed (and continue to develop) and personal interactions we were fortunate enough to enjoy...all the love and fellowship shared over a shared passion for golf.

I hope the other park goers were unharmed! LOL :D .... Seriously though, I know you were hoping your wife would give golf a try at some point so this is cool news, brother!
We went about 45mins before sundown so it was pretty thin. But you're right, looks like a dream of mine is coming true.

I got a feelin this is going to be the year.....let's have more cowbell!

Gamechanger

So what did you spec out for her?

This event seems so far away, but keeps you excited for the whole year.

So what did you spec out for her?

Right now we're specifying colors. Once we get past that important stuff, we'll talk the stuff she could care less about like shaft flex, lofts, swing weight and forgiveness. :banghead:

I've been catching up on my podcasts this week while on the road, it's so cool to hear the Grandaddy mentioned during the callaway conversations!!! Just so cool.

Right now we're specifying colors. Once we get past that important stuff, we'll talk the stuff she could care less about like shaft flex, lofts, swing weight and forgiveness. :banghead:

Callaway Customs it is!!

I've been catching up on my podcasts this week while on the road, it's so cool to hear the Grandaddy mentioned during the callaway conversations!!! Just so cool.

It's been cool hearing it mentioned so many different times on so many episodes. I love how much the ZooCrew embraces and loves this event.

Just a little motivation for 2019! The first sticker I’ve put on my MacBook! I really like the F-Bolt logo Callaway created!

ac7ea560849470b2ee4a8a0fbcdb1d5c.jpg

Just a little motivation for 2019! The first sticker I’ve put on my MacBook! I really like the F-Bolt logo Callaway created!

ac7ea560849470b2ee4a8a0fbcdb1d5c.jpg

I thought it was an E, for Epic.

I thought it was an E, for Epic.

I think that was what they were going for. It looks like an “F” for Flash but also an “E” for Epic.

I think that was what they were going for. It looks like an “F” for Flash but also an “E” for Epic.

Combo E/F for EpicFlash

There is nothing like dreaming. Even with phillyv telling me the stories i cannot begin to imagine. Such a fantastic event. But, to say its the only event would be a disservice to jb and morgan. As nervous as i was going to the true temper event, i had a blast. And as always, if your not a dick you will have fun. Can’t wait to see the contests as they come up.

Back