2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

Ahh, don’t worry about it. I’ll begrudgingly hit 4i off the tee if it’s whats best for the team.

But.... prepare to have fun even if I’m begrudgingly hitting 4i from the tee. I’ve proven to myself many times over that I score better just doing that. I never do that though unless I leave my driver at home. Don’t have the heart for it, lol.

Depending on the game, you could have a lot of fun with a driver if we're partners. Stats say I hit the fairway ~70% of the time (sadly, it's not 280 yards). If I put one in play, then you can let it rip.

No doubt - he straight up pounds the ball...Wedges and short irons will be key!

Don’t let my name fool you, lol. I *try to pound the ball. Sometimes it goes a decent distance, sometimes it doesn’t. Age is catching me. Started the overspeed training (again) tonight. Just hoping I can get driver CHS into the 120’s by July. Can’t have my username and hit 110 when the monitors are on, lol.

But if that is what it is, I’ll still be smiling at playing on Firestone! Hell, I’m still just smiling at having my name called:)

Depending on the game, you could have a lot of fun with a driver if we're partners. Stats say I hit the fairway ~70% of the time (sadly, it's not 280 yards). If I put one in play, then you can let it rip.

Works for me! I made the mistake of telling my group on Saturday at Mr Korfs outing that I was going for the green on hole 12 (I think) at Shale Creek. I hit it dead online, barely carried the lake, and ended up 20 yards short.

One of the other guys (BuckeyeDuffer) told me once we were on the green that Gunner was waiting for us to clear the green to hit. I asked him if he could get there and he said “yup! He can hit the houses behind us”. Lol. In my (only) defense, I didn’t catch it 100% and later in the round when I was asking where to aim my tee shot (he was the only one to play that course prior in our group) he told me to shoot straight towards a FW bunker, that there was no way to get to it. He was right, but barely. I hit that one really well, but I was only a couple paces from it. I’ll also point out that there was ZERO roll that day, just wet as all get out. Still, I couldn’t quite get to the 2 par 5’s that were 550 despite hitting really good drives. Had to carry everything, but driver and 3w, I can’t carry them quite 550 combined. I’d make excuses, but I won’t.

What I will do is work on the overspeed training to get the SS back up some. I just turned 40 last fall. I probably was playing in the 112-115 range Saturday. Hell, it might have even been a bit slower. I’ll work hard to get back into the 120 range for this event.

Awesome seeing my boys Vortex, Nerdy and Pkorf making the squad. Going to be an awesome follow.

Works for me! I made the mistake of telling my group on Saturday at Mr Korfs outing that I was going for the green on hole 12 (I think) at Shale Creek. I hit it dead online, barely carried the lake, and ended up 20 yards short.

One of the other guys (BuckeyeDuffer) told me once we were on the green that Gunner was waiting for us to clear the green to hit. I asked him if he could get there and he said “yup! He can hit the houses behind us”. Lol. In my (only) defense, I didn’t catch it 100% and later in the round when I was asking where to aim my tee shot (he was the only one to play that course prior in our group) he told me to shoot straight towards a FW bunker, that there was no way to get to it. He was right, but barely. I hit that one really well, but I was only a couple paces from it. I’ll also point out that there was ZERO roll that day, just wet as all get out. Still, I couldn’t quite get to the 2 par 5’s that were 550 despite hitting really good drives. Had to carry everything, but driver and 3w, I can’t carry them quite 550 combined. I’d make excuses, but I won’t.

What I will do is work on the overspeed training to get the SS back up some. I just turned 40 last fall. I probably was playing in the 112-115 range Saturday. Hell, it might have even been a bit slower. I’ll work hard to get back into the 120 range for this event.

I’m also working to get my numbers above 120 before the event. Your number is CHS and mine is BS (ball speed)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also working to get my numbers above 120 before the event. Your number is CHS and mine is BS (ball speed)!!!

lol! I’ve got nothing other than a former long drivers swing. I putt with the same finesse. And chip. Etc. :)

I’m the John Daly of fat middle aged men (that isn’t actually John Daly:)).

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else heading there. My training is going to be focused on limiting the suck factor for 3 days in July. I may succeed. I may not. But I’m going to have a helluva a time either succeeding or failing, either way.

lol! I’ve got nothing other than a former long drivers swing. I putt with the same finesse. And chip. Etc. :)

I’m the John Daly of fat middle aged men (that isn’t actually John Daly:)).

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else heading there. My training is going to be focused on limiting the suck factor for 3 days in July. I may succeed. I may not. But I’m going to have a helluva a time either succeeding or failing, either way.

As you can tell, I'm just having fun and looking forward to meeting everyone as well.

Golf and a good laugh are a great pairing. A key part of my playing strategy is to forgo Transfusions during the round. I tried this swing lube last summer and things got a little loose. For the record, I still blame P4B for his ability to influence.

Looking forward to the pairings!!!!

As you can tell, I'm just having fun and looking forward to meeting everyone as well.

Golf and a good laugh are a great pairing. A key part of my playing strategy is to forgo Transfusions during the round. I tried this swing lube last summer and things got a little loose. For the record, I still blame P4B for his ability to influence.

Wait a sec.... are you saying no Tito’s during the round? Interesting strategy. You’ll have to let us know how it works out for you...

Wait a sec.... are you saying no Tito’s during the round? Interesting strategy. You’ll have to let us know how it works out for you...

Every man needs to know his limits. A bottomless Transfusion seemed like a good idea until it wasn't.

Or loyalty....hard work...persistence....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just threw up in my mouth.... Bridgestone.... all of those descriptions fit.... what you’ve intimated.... NOT

Every man needs to know his limits. A bottomless Transfusion seemed like a good idea until it wasn't.

Im sure some influence from @Nate was involved here.....

Oh, a night to remember it was. I would advise letting someone other than Dave make 'em. :thumb:

I agree with you! A nice chat with Pop after the 10th hole got things started and it ended with a 36-hour self-imposed lobotomy!

The Bridgestone "B" hat is a favorite! It's one of the best logos in golf.

b20363e32fce8e0199379d7622adc487.jpg

Whoever wins the year supply of golf balls they got a solid deal.

The tour B series balls are impressive to say the least.

Whoever wins the year supply of golf balls they got a solid deal.

The tour B series balls are impressive to say the least.

Pondering what they think a years supply of golf balls is versus the “hacker” version of a years supply

Pondering what they think a years supply of golf balls is versus the “hacker” version of a years supply

I think 20 dozen would be safe.... I hope....

Walked 29 holes this evening (stopped due to darkness!) and only rinsed 2 balls which isn't bad considering the amount of water around the course.

Favorite hole tonight was a Par 5. My tee shot faded into the first fairway bunker on the right. I got the ball out butt still had 260 to the green. Hit my 3 hybrid into the next fairway bunker. WTH? Hit it out to 50-55 yards from the pin. Pulled my 58* wedge and hit a sweet chip shot. My opponent was standing on the green when I hit. The B330-RX landed about 2 feet from the pin and checked hard. One hop and a little roll into the cup. Cha-Ching! This sealed the deal for our Nassau game. Double sandy, chippy if you're a points player.

Walked 29 holes this evening (stopped due to darkness!) and only rinsed 2 balls which isn't bad considering the amount of water around the course.

Favorite hole tonight was a Par 5. My tee shot faded into the first fairway bunker on the right. I got the ball out butt still had 260 to the green. Hit my 3 hybrid into the next fairway bunker. WTH? Hit it out to 50-55 yards from the pin. Pulled my 58* wedge and hit a sweet chip shot. My opponent was standing on the green when I hit. The B330-RX landed about 2 feet from the pin and checked hard. One hop and a little roll into the cup. Cha-Ching! This sealed the deal for our Nassau game. Double sandy, chippy if you're a points player.

that is epic, way to pee on your opponents cornflakes, hilarious, I've been on the receiving end of that sh1t.....

Lots of talk about this event on the course yesterday. A lot centered around stamping options. The ideas were flowing.

Anybody know what they are getting stamped already?

Lots of talk about this event on the course yesterday. A lot centered around stamping options. The ideas were flowing.

I have put some thought but need to do some more thinking for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have put some thought but need to do some more thinking for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

That’s about where I’m at as well. Have some serious contenders but almost everyday it’s like “oh! what about this one?!”

I would be thinking of winning that full bag of sticks, man Bridgestone makes some great gear.

I would be thinking of winning that full bag of sticks, man Bridgestone makes some great gear.

Can’t say that hasn’t crossed my mind either. Would be awesome for sure

Not finalized but have a couple of ideas. Waiting for guidance from THP/Bridgestone before making a decision.

Back