2019 THP Bridgestone Championship at Firestone

I would be thinking of winning that full bag of sticks, man Bridgestone makes some great gear.

A full bag of Bridgestone equipment and a HOF tag has my attention. Curious to know what others are doing for prep. Fun is first! Firestone is a stiff test so that's a unique part of the prep.

I have got several holes in this past weekend at Brians @2BFAST course. Gotta work on my tee game but I scrambled well.

I am trying to get in as many rounds and range practice I can prior to this event so I don't totally embarrass myself with my game.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I hit it hard over the weekend with rounds on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Playing in a 4 ball tournament this weekend and my game needed some work. Putter is currently the strongest club followed by wedges. Driver is usually okay but shots are pealing right so that creates angst.

Avoiding rain drops and getting my work in on soggy courses currently. They said on the news this morning, that it's rained at least part of a day for 3 out of the last 4 weeks.

Did get out in the sun this past Saturday and put together a pretty good round. Played a new course and I had a couple blow up holes, but I also managed stretches of 3 straight pars on the front, and 5 straight on the back.

A full bag of Bridgestone equipment and a HOF tag has my attention. Curious to know what others are doing for prep. Fun is first! Firestone is a stiff test so that's a unique part of the prep.

For prep I've just been playing as much as I can. Last week in league I played the best 9 holes I've ever played buy a lot (6 under my league handicap, which shouldn't happen but I guess it was fireball fueled) and then went out Saturday in cold/windy conditions and struggled to hit the ball. Mostly tops/thin shots. My handicap has dropped a bit this year already but I'm still a mixed bag. Hopefully I'll get a little more consistent with my swing by the time this event rolls around. I feel like my bag is settled for now though, so there is that.

I am very much looking forward to this though, it's going to be a blast to play an amazing course with fellow THP'ers.

Prep? I played 72 holes of golf last weekend. Needed a weekend off from golf to prep my liver instead. Remember gents....the competition is secondary to the experience itself. Yes, do some prep but be "ready" to have a freaking blast!

Prep? I played 72 holes of golf last weekend. Needed a weekend off from golf to prep my liver instead. Remember gents....the competition is secondary to the experience itself. Yes, do some prep but be "ready" to have a freaking blast!

My liver is always prepped and ready :) No worries on that front.

Got the email they need some information and one item on the list is custom stamping for the wedges!

IM NOT READY!!!!!!

Me either not sure what to put on all of them.

Got the email they need some information and one item on the list is custom stamping for the wedges!

IM NOT READY!!!!!!

Me either not sure what to put on all of them.

Now that is a freaking COOOL!!!!

I saw the contest on social and getting some custom stamped wedges is LEGIT

IM NOT READY!!!!!!

That's an awesome feeling right there. Looking forward to seeing what you all get stamped

Well, me... not much. Coaching two ball teams, trying to keep my yard in some sort of shape, and my normal 50-60 hour work week means there won’t be a lot of practice. I’m going to work on getting my speed back up and get in as much range and short game time as I can. I may enter as a 9.5 HC because I doubt I’ll play enough rounds to change that between then and now. Which stinks because I’m playing like a solid 15 right now, lol. I always do in the spring though with wet conditions. Should be hot and dry by July...hopefully? Sure isn’t yet.

IM NOT READY!!!!!!

Same! Never really have it much thought. Tonight, I’ll be prepping my liver some to get my creative juices flowing.

PM asked for glove size...Wedge lofts/lies...custom stamp info...

No need to ponder my order as ive been on their website a ton lately. Order in and if i were to be in contention for the full set, theyll match nicely with the other lofts in that set.

Very excited!

Sent mine in after much deliberation and multiple versions... GolferGal might kill me! hahaha

I really have no idea what I want to do with the stamping, I'll let it marinate during league tonight I think. I can't remember what size glove I wear until I get to my bag anyway. This is really cool though, and should make for an awesome display set once I wear them out.

I really have no idea what I want to do with the stamping, I'll let it marinate during league tonight I think. I can't remember what size glove I wear until I get to my bag anyway. This is really cool though, and should make for an awesome display set once I wear them out.

When all else fails, go with username and THPGolf
That is always a good one.

I went with a theme. I think 8 people might get the theme, but I'll smile every time I grab a wedge out of my bag.

When all else fails, go with username and THPGolf
That is always a good one.

Thanks for the suggestion JB!! I was thinking something like that but also would like to commemorate the occasion as well for display purposes down the road because this is an awesome opportunity/event. Actually, I think that just brought me to a decision.

Already doubting my selection as I just saw the instagram story and only one word fit...

I went with a theme. I think 8 people might get the theme, but I'll smile every time I grab a wedge out of my bag.

same here....same here

Well, me... not much. Coaching two ball teams, trying to keep my yard in some sort of shape, and my normal 50-60 hour work week means there won’t be a lot of practice. I’m going to work on getting my speed back up and get in as much range and short game time as I can. I may enter as a 9.5 HC because I doubt I’ll play enough rounds to change that between then and now. Which stinks because I’m playing like a solid 15 right now, lol. I always do in the spring though with wet conditions. Should be hot and dry by July...hopefully? Sure isn’t yet.

There's still plenty of time for golf before the event and I'm sure you'll be ready for an awesome experience. Prep is part of the fun but we all know you can't turn a donkey into a race horse in 8 weeks (comment is directed at myself). It sounds like you have a superpower involving a warp speed driver swing. Hit the ball square on the tee box and you're off to a fantastic start. :D Golf during the week is rare for me so I try to get after it on the weekends. My next two evenings are dedicated to lawn projects.

I submitted my information to GG this afternoon and went with a 50-54-58 setup.

I'm hitting the links and dropping those scores as much as I can. Once again no winner's circle horse out of this donkey, but I'm motivated to provide team work and collaboration to my playing partner... Eye on the prize!

Back