2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Biggest difference is milled vs insert. I’m someone who loves milled putters but I have both right now. I think the Stroke Lab technology flat out makes sense and I’ve seen it work so that’s a huge plus there. I’ve yet to roll a Toulon with stroke lab so I wouldn’t be able to give any input there.

Best thing for you is just roll the hell out of your Stroke Lab, love having it in the bag and the next chance you get try a Toulon with the stroke lab shaft in it. Until then, don’t second guess yourself.

Face milled as in Scotty Cameron? I've been using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 for the last year and really like it. However, I recently picked up an Odyssey 1 WS and I really like it, but just not as consistent with it as I am with the Scotty. I did roll the Stroke Labs One in GC the other day and it felt really good. Especially when I sank 3 straight from 15 feet and a bunch more from closer in. That's what made me decide to take a chance on it.

Might have to pull the trigger on a Las Vegas today… Just wish the head cover wasn't so hideous

I didn’t last long, about 5 minutes after I posted this I pulled the trigger on a Las Vegas model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn’t last long, about 5 minutes after I posted this I pulled the trigger on a Las Vegas model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Man I really loved the 7 shape and the Vegas hits every check box for me except one... I'm a PN guy and I guess the garage will solve that

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Man I really loved the 7 shape and the Vegas hits every check box for me except one... I'm a PN guy and I guess the garage will solve that

PN? Like you the Vegas hit every single mark for me, it will be an interesting battle between this and my Bettinardi.

PN? Like you the Vegas hit every single mark for me, it will be an interesting battle between this and my Bettinardi.
Plumber's neck (like the h1 hosel).

Plumber's neck (like the h1 hosel).

Your Scotty is going to hear you’ve been eyeing another putter and start to act up on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Scotty is going to hear you’ve been eyeing another putter and start to act up on you.

Lol that's usually how it happens

Full face mill Austin has to look bonkers good.

You pumped?

Let me think....YES! �� Can’t wait to try the Full Faced Austin with Stroke Lab. The charcoal finish is exceptionally good.

I am really excited to roll it. I tried to talk myself out of it, but some of the voices in my head had some really good points…

The most telling change in hand is the face milling which looks insanely good.

ff02654ebdaaf9dce0cfbaa50eac681f.jpg

But what will be less obvious is the new finish which a bit of a satin profile to it.

12af41a501ecf773cc74b91330335ab1.jpg

6f0dc6563c55fd1607fe45544507a8fe.jpg

9ffb84291af6b08e1c5f87d77930cd73.jpg

And this particular head came with a 20g weight whereas I’m more familiar with the 7g weight. Must mean we’re sitting at 363 grams. Heavy!!!

But what will be less obvious is the new finish which a bit of a satin profile to it.

And this particular head came with a 20g weight whereas I’m more familiar with the 7g weight. Must mean we’re sitting at 363 grams. Heavy!!!

That’s not thaaaaat heavy.

Definitely obvious when in the putting stroke, but really nice overall profile.

I love the idea of a heavier putter. It does not fear me in the least.

Shaft design is sure to play a role in noticing the weight in the stroke as well, no?

2019 Toulon Putter Thread

That’s not thaaaaat heavy.

Nope. 363 is . I think 3 of my main putters are all around 360 haha

That's the perfect weight. Cut it down to 33.25 and it will be money.

On the other hand, that San Diego looks fantastic!

Does it have the stroke lab shaft? At 363g, do you THINK it feels heavy?

Does it have the stroke lab shaft? At 363g, do you THINK it feels heavy?

yessir. Stroke lab shaft. 90g grip.

I'm more familiar with a 350g Toulon so I'd argue it's going to feel heavier regardless of shaft, but it's distinct for me so far.

yessir. Stroke lab shaft. 90g grip.

I'm more familiar with a 350g Toulon so I'd argue it's going to feel heavier regardless of shaft, but it's distinct for me so far.

It will be interesting how you get along with it. I am used to a heavy head. But I am trying to let the tech work for me. Only been inside with it. But feels good so far.

It will be interesting how you get along with it. I am used to a heavy head. But I am trying to let the tech work for me. Only been inside with it. But feels good so far.

It's always way more telling when you can get it on the short grass instead of the putting green indoors.

One thing that is unchanged... Toulon puts a STUPID good roll on the ball. Sending that amazing mill pattern across the face was glorious.

It's always way more telling when you can get it on the short grass instead of the putting green indoors.

One thing that is unchanged... Toulon puts a STUPID good roll on the ball. Sending that amazing mill pattern across the face was glorious.

Exactly! My normal foresome has 4 Toulon’s. There are 3 Austin’s and a San Diego. They have all said the biggest reason that they wanted one, was because of the roll.

Exactly! My normal foresome has 4 Toulon’s. There are 3 Austin’s and a San Diego. They have all said the biggest reason that they wanted one, was because of the roll.

I need to find a foursome with an Atlanta in a plumbers neck.

An Atlanta with a H1 would be awesome.

I wish Golf town would get some lefthanded models in so I could try them. They're a great looking putter but it's hard to drop that much on a putter I've never tried.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

An Atlanta with a H1 would be awesome.

I’ve seen one and you’re both right, they look amazing. I may have asked about converting my old s neck Atlanta and got denied

I’ve seen one and you’re both right, they look amazing. I may have asked about converting my old s neck Atlanta and got denied

I believe a Grandaddy member went with one last year, and I rolled it in Florida.

Embarrassed to say I had a few too many to remember who it was lmao!

Back