2019 Travis Mathew Apparel

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
12 THPers got scripting from Travis Mathew and this thread will be a great place for them to post their images and reviews. And anybody else, please feel free to add your own thoughts or ask any questions you might have.

Reserving this spot here to talk about the TM apparel. This event was my first time wearing any TM gear aside from the hats and I love the fit and materials. Items are in the wash as we speak and I will get some closeups and thoughts posted up in the next couple of days.

As did 24 others at the Budget Championship. Should be plenty of stuff posted in this thread.

• Admin
As did 24 others at the Budget Championship. Should be plenty of stuff posted in this thread.

Yes sir. I am wearing one of those shirts right now.

I blew my $ on gear so threads will trickle in slowly...that being said, TM is high on the list.

That green Polo that you guys had on day one was fantastic. One of the 1/4 zips I was a huge fan of also. I've really taken in love with the Travis Mathew stuff since last year.

My only comment on the gear from the Budget Championship and some of the other shirts I have bought is the inconsistency with sizes. For example, the awesome gray TM jacket in XL is perfect but the polos are way too big.

Always love the feel and comfort of the materials.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I need to send this link to my wife. I was actually pretty excited I saw her looking through the TM catalog I received. Hopefully she noticed the items i circled.

This is what we had one for Wednesday and Thursday

1575774972116.jpeg

Wednesday -
The Zachary 1/4 zip Is perfect imo. Not too thick and has a great cut to it. Sometimes I struggle with 1/4 being too big or too tight, and this one fell right in middle. Just enough room to not make the polo feel stuffed and not too boxy where your swimming in material. While it fit great on top of the polo, I can see myself wearing this one over a T-shirt more.

the Sand Storm polo material had a more breathable fabric that will work well on warmer/humid days for me. Compared to the Thursday polo it was roomier, but not overly big. It wasn’t as “fitted” as the Thursday scripting, but not like your traditional Foot Joy or even some of the Callaway apparel.

Thursday -
not because of the name, but the 1/4 zip for that day was my favorite. It’s appropriately called The Hideaway and it’s not coincidence it was picked for us. It was just thick enough to keep you warm during the early cool temps and still allowed you to swing freely. The only down fall was the material on the inside stuck to the polo like little fuzz balls. As someone who doesn’t own a winter coat, the thickness of this one is perfect to keep me warm if needed.

the Bon Voyage polo was a plum color and had a more athletic cut to it. Meaning it didn’t have as much room as the Wednesday option, but it wasn’t a euro cut either. It fit like I prefer my polos to fit and had a chest pocket that added a nice touch to it. Definitely a piece that’s versatile enough for the course, dinner or a night out.

all the pieces have been washed so once I’ve had a chance to iron them I’ll snap some pictures.

Last edited:
That green Polo that you guys had on day one was fantastic. One of the 1/4 zips I was a huge fan of also. I've really taken in love with the Travis Mathew stuff since last year.

The green polo we wore on Tuesday was a Callaway Swing Tech shirt. It was fantastic and probably my favorite one all week, from a fit and feel standpoint. I’ll cover that more in the appropriate thread.

I have a lot to say about the TM gear that we received, but I just want to mention my favorite feature of the 1/4 zips: they have freaking pockets!! Both the lighter weight model that we wore for Wednesday’s scripting, and the thicker, cozier model from Thursday. Pockets! In 1/4 zips! 1575860357115.gif

I am admittedly a huge TM fan even prior to the GD. I own many hats and polos and a few quarter zips.

My favorite items from the GD were both of the quarter zips. They were just waenough while still allowing full range of motion.

The polos and hats were also great!

See below for my video review!

5232CAE6-F943-4201-BE7E-A412EFEFC035.gif

This is what we had one for Wednesday and Thursday

View attachment 8918055

Wednesday -
The Zachary 1/4 zip Is perfect imo. Not too thick and has a great cut to it. Sometimes I struggle with 1/4 being too big or too tight, and this one fell right in middle. Just enough room to not make the polo feel stuffed and not too boxy where your swimming in material. While it fit great on top of the polo, I can see myself wearing this one over a T-shirt more.

the Sand Storm polo material had a more breathable fabric that will work well on warmer/humid days for me. Compared to the Thursday polo it was roomier, but not overly big. It wasn’t as “fitted” as the Thursday scripting, but not like your traditional Foot Joy or even some of the Callaway apparel.

Thursday -
not because of the name, but the 1/4 zip for that day was my favorite. It’s appropriately called The Hideaway and it’s not coincidence it was picked for us. It was just thick enough to keep you warm during the early cool temps and still allowed you to swing freely. The only down fall was the material on the inside stuck to the polo like little fuzz balls. As someone who doesn’t own a winter coat, the thickness of this one is perfect to keep me warm if needed.

the Bon Voyage polo was a plum color and had a more athletic cut to it. Meaning it didn’t have as much room as the Wednesday option, but it wasn’t a euro cut either. It fit like I prefer my polos to fit and had a chest pocket that added a nice touch to it. Definitely a piece that’s versatile enough for the course, dinner or a night out.

all the pieces have been washed so once I’ve had a chance to iron them I’ll snap some pictures.
I really love those G hats, man those are nice.

A year later and I’m still a huge fan of both the Callaway and Travis Mathews brands (Ogio too).

The TM items we received were exceptional. The only issue thus far is that I accidentally let the plum colored polo go through the dryer and shrank significantly, length-wise. I will air dry them from now on. They are lightweight enough that they’ll air dry quickly.

Picked up a couple TM items from Budget golf with the ThanksTHP coupon during Black Friday. Love the look, feel and fit of the items I purchased!

I received a TM 1/4 zip through a Short Par 4 bag, absolutely a quality item

These are my first Travis Mathew tops. I have owned many of their hats and they are probably my favorite. But, the polos and 1/4 zips are probably not my favorite tops. I have always shied away from Travis Mathew shirts simply for what I thought the fit would be. The sleeves always looked long and the fit always looked to be pretty loose. But, couldn't be further from the truth. The material is top of the line and the fit is dang near perfect.

20191205_064923.jpg

20191205_065928.jpg

My wife put the Zachary 1/4 zip in the dryer before I could snag it to hang dry it. It does feel like it shrunk just a little but. It feels just a hair shorter than it did before.

So, my recommendation would be to hang dry everything and steam it to avoid shrinkage.

women, no idea how to clean golf apparel lmao!

Radi, how tall are you and what size is that Hideaway 1/4?
I am 6"1" and it's a size Large. I think the fit is perfect as it currently is. I will make sure this one doesn't see the dryer!

In her defense, I don't own too many items that need much special attention. These are probably the nicest golf clothes I own now.

I am 6"1" and it's a size Large. I think the fit is perfect as it currently is. I will make sure this one doesn't see the dryer!

In her defense, I don't own too many items that need much special attention. These are probably the nicest golf clothes I own now.
haha I hang dry pretty much all my golf apparel. Wife thinks I am nuts.

@Canadan, I'm 5'8" and I also got large in the TM stuff, and feel like it fits well.

This one is my favorite I think

1575991369410.jpeg

haha I hang dry pretty much all my golf apparel. Wife thinks I am nuts.
I do this also. The first round I dryed on very little to no heat luckily and didn't have any shrinkage at all. This is great stuff.

Back