EXPERIENCE 2020 Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya Experience

If you havent watched our live stream from tonight, @Canadan spent some good time with the PTx Pros in there.
Nice! Will it be / is it posted on Youtube?

The Demo PTxPros just arrived. They don't look that much smaller than the Edge. The sole on the Edge 6i peaks out a little at address, but looking down that is about it. I hope to hit the range tomorrow morning. Then have a round planed with @MSEASU and @TommyTomas on Saturday afternoon. I'm going to try a create some on course 6i and 9i situations and hit three clubs to compare.
Play the tips

My combo set was delivered today. It hits the course Saturday

Well @Canadan can certainly hit the PTX Pros well...

Did I take the PTX Pros for a ride tonight, or did they take me for a ride?!

Wowsa. What a product.
If I had your swing I'd definitely go with those lol

I don't have his swing.....and I might go with those. ;)
I very well might too...I'm excited to play some irons that have the lie adjusted. Local shop never wanted to bend my Burners upright for me, so when according to testing I should have been playing at least 2* upright I've been playing standard. Maybe that's my problem. Yeah, definitely not my swing :ROFLMAO:

I very well might too...I'm excited to play some irons that have the lie adjusted. Local shop never wanted to bend my Burners upright for me, so when according to testing I should have been playing at least 2* upright I've been playing standard. Maybe that's my problem. Yeah, definitely not my swing :ROFLMAO:
That will be a hard part to judge from the Demo set, I play +1/2 length and 3* up in my pings which is 2.5* up in the Hogan's (6i to 6i).

Then there is the issue of the standard grips....I game JumboMax Large.

My PTX Pros, that were supposed to be delivered yesterday, have now shifted to the dreaded "Scheduled Delivery: Pending". Fed Ex seems to really be struggling these days :mad:

The Demo PTxPros just arrived. They don't look that much smaller than the Edge. The sole on the Edge 6i peaks out a little at address, but looking down that is about it. I hope to hit the range tomorrow morning. Then have a round planed with @MSEASU and @TommyTomas on Saturday afternoon. I'm going to try a create some on course 6i and 9i situations and hit three clubs to compare.

Do you have both for side by side pictures? Pretty please with Evolve Golf ball markers on top?

Do you have both for side by side pictures? Pretty please with Evolve Golf ball markers on top?

I just walked in from the range. Excuse the melted matt. yes these are not fit to me.
6I:

A7EE7D8C-5B7B-48F0-B0A8-D76B67ED192D.jpeg3261036D-30DA-497F-A233-9B262CDF33F3.jpegE095FDD7-8861-40D8-BC9F-51C8736561E9.jpeg7BB8C3EB-0CDB-4B83-8A4E-B797148C7BC1.jpeg

9i:

E6A54DB2-6028-487B-8D69-FB76E1BD69FC.jpeg3698AF50-6E6A-439A-B179-457D15B3D93B.jpeg94BC0A8F-A8A3-4360-AADF-251448E22C8E.jpeg

Very nice, thanks for the photos! Definitely not as big as I was imagining. How do you feel about the Edge look (the textured cavity area)? I've never loved the looks in pictures but I've seen many people say it looks much better in person. Also can't wait for your thoughts on how they compared hitting 😬

Ok, I just came back from the range. I have my Ping G410s and Hogan Edge and PTxPro in hand. I'm a 22.8 GHIN. So knowing what swing I have on that day can be an interesting proposition. I warmed up with my 9i. I was happy to see that I was striking the ball well today. I then hit the PTxPro and Edge 9i switching back and forth. Then repeated this with the 6i.

The Demo clubs are stock with standard grips. I play +1/2 in length and up 2.5* from stock BH. I also use JumboMax grips. So these have a lot of differences between my gamers.

That said....I was very pleased to see that I was hitting both of the Hogan's really well. Range rock ball flight was a little lower than my Pings. The PTxPro really felt great, So I hit them more. Comparing good to good strikes, the Hogans are about 1/2 a club shorter based on eyesight looking at carry point. Which is a testament to the Hogans. My Pings are their "standard" lofts which aligns the Hogan 6i to my Ping 7i.

Miss hits were basically the same for all three clubs. The PTxPro has Recoil 780 F4 SmacWrap on them. The Edge have KBS Tour 90 S.

I have been educated on the sound of my Pings. I never really understood it, but hitting rocks back to back with these forged clubs.....the clack was obvious.

Tomorrow I will be getting out on course with these clubs in hand. But as of this moment....I'm hard lean to the PTxPro.

Very nice, thanks for the photos! Definitely not as big as I was imagining. How do you feel about the Edge look (the textured cavity area)? I've never loved the looks in pictures but I've seen many people say it looks much better in person. Also can't wait for your thoughts on how they compared hitting 😬

looks wise, they do look better in person. But next to the PTxPro.....no contest which is the belle of the ball.

PTx Pro are seriously some of the best looking irons in golf. Yes they look great at address, but the bag appeal of the cavity back styling and sole really does it for me.

Ok, I just came back from the range. I have my Ping G410s and Hogan Edge and PTxPro in hand. I'm a 22.8 GHIN. So knowing what swing I have on that day can be an interesting proposition. I warmed up with my 9i. I was happy to see that I was striking the ball well today. I then hit the PTxPro and Edge 9i switching back and forth. Then repeated this with the 6i.

The Demo clubs are stock with standard grips. I play +1/2 in length and up 2.5* from stock BH. I also use JumboMax grips. So these have a lot of differences between my gamers.

That said....I was very pleased to see that I was hitting both of the Hogan's really well. Range rock ball flight was a little lower than my Pings. The PTxPro really felt great, So I hit them more. Comparing good to good strikes, the Hogans are about 1/2 a club shorter based on eyesight looking at carry point. Which is a testament to the Hogans. My Pings are their "standard" lofts which aligns the Hogan 6i to my Ping 7i.

Miss hits were basically the same for all three clubs. The PTxPro has Recoil 780 F4 SmacWrap on them. The Edge have KBS Tour 90 S.

I have been educated on the sound of my Pings. I never really understood it, but hitting rocks back to back with these forged clubs.....the clack was obvious.

Tomorrow I will be getting out on course with these clubs in hand. But as of this moment....I'm hard lean to the PTxPro.
Love the write up man, thank you! I really hope the PTX Pro and Edge make it to me to demo for myself before I I make a decision. Basically I need the Edge to come in and blow me away otherwise it's gonna be PTX Pros.

1601659471065.png

What a view! love that PTX Pro view! awesome you hit the two well and love that you are going PTX pro!

Well well well look what showed up 😬 Now I just need some time with them on the range/course.

I demoed these earlier this year but guess I didn't really study them. A couple observations. The 6 iron feels significantly lighter than the 9 iron, and from a visual standpoint looks easier to hit. I'll definitely study them side by side to my Burners but those observations were surprising to me. 20201003_113904.jpg

20201003_114204.jpg

Well well well look what showed up 😬 Now I just need some time with them on the range/course.

I demoed these earlier this year but guess I didn't really study them. A couple observations. The 6 iron feels significantly lighter than the 9 iron, and from a visual standpoint looks easier to hit. I'll definitely study them side by side to my Burners but those observations were surprising to me. View attachment 8966961

View attachment 8966959
Pros?

Back