EXPERIENCE 2020 Ben Hogan and UST Mamiya Experience

No my cap does what my cap does. I just post all of my scores as they happen. I'm sure the jokesters will have fun with my cap. I will be smiling the whole experience regardless of final score.
I'll play along. I track my own (i.e. I googled how the handicap is calculated and created a spreadsheet using the formula) and was at a 16.2 upon entry. Since we entered, my tracked cap has moved the wrong direction and now is sitting at 17.7.

JB, what’s on the menu for the weekend? Was it Mezzaluna that we did at the Odyssey Experience?

JB, what’s on the menu for the weekend? Was it Mezzaluna that we did at the Odyssey Experience?
No sir. Something totally different. Details coming soon

No sir. Something totally different. Details coming soon
Fullaluna? 😂

Seriously though I am really excited to see what these lucky few have in store. I have said it a few times before, but the graphite challenge last year completely changed my golf game. Just the opportunity to talk to and work with Tyler and Danny changed my approach and desire to improve. I hope that everyone has that experience as well.

I had an interesting conversation with a local swing coach and club builder. Now, I am a fitter and I feel I am pretty good at it. But I am not a builder. That’s outside my comfort level.

Any way, I was talk to him and I mentioned I wanted to get into graphite iron shafts and wanted to check prices with him. He looked at me like I had three heads, and was talking out of my ear.

he asked why would you want graphite? No one plays graphite, it’s less consistent, you swing too hard. Steel is better that is why all the tour players play steel.

So I just said ok.. I was honestly baffled, and didn’t want to discuss it anymore..

Such old thinking.

I had an interesting conversation with a local swing coach and club builder. Now, I am a fitter and I feel I am pretty good at it. But I am not a builder. That’s outside my comfort level.

Any way, I was talk to him and I mentioned I wanted to get into graphite iron shafts and wanted to check prices with him. He looked at me like I had three heads, and was talking out of my ear.

he asked why would you want graphite? No one plays graphite, it’s less consistent, you swing too hard. Steel is better that is why all the tour players play steel.

So I just said ok.. I was honestly baffled, and didn’t want to discuss it anymore..

Such old thinking.
I wouldn’t pay him much attention, he probably also doesn’t think that Ross and Rachel were on a break.

It's definitely interesting the reaction some have to graphite iron shafts. My buddy and brother both were surprised to hear I'd be getting graphite shafts in my irons.

Such old thinking.
Hahah.
He must have missed the US Open. 😂

Such old thinking.
He probably thinks wound balls are superior to today’s balls.

Such old thinking.
Is his name Fick Naldo?

He probably thinks wound balls are superior to today’s balls.

a friend of mine just gave me wound golf balls as a gift......

Hahah.
He must have missed the US Open. 😂

I mentioned this. He said any golfer playing graphite is getting paid millions to do it..

I said yeah, cause he won..

any ways you guys going tot his have fun. I am sure you will come away having drunk the graphite cool-aid. You just won’t have any adverse affects.

I mentioned this. He said any golfer playing graphite is getting paid millions to do it..

I said yeah, cause he won..

any ways you guys going tot his have fun. I am sure you will come away having drunk the graphite cool-aid. You just won’t have any adverse affects.

Haha he is wrong as a slew of guys have been switching but sometimes facts don’t matter.

The live update thread will have a place to ask some questions and get answers live from both Tyler and Danny so it should be helpful for people.

Do we know the format yet for the competition?
Knowing a lot about fun/competitive golf (ya right), I think it’ll be some sort of format where the first person hits the ball, then the next person(s) hit, then ready golf, all the way until the balls are in the hole.
If I were a gambling man, I’d put it ALL on that 😁

Back