2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

so here is my update, Two weeks ago i posted i had picked up the RXS to try and @JB said let me know how you do with them....They were way to soft for me and i was moving them all over the course with no consistency for me. I did not play last week as I had a couple of things i had putting off on the honey do's and the weather was good for me to put in a wreck drain and turn the bestest half garden for the new year...

I picked ups a sleeve of the TOURBX at the local PGASS for yesterdays Tee time and It was night and day. I will also add in here that I am still playing the OL that @BigDill allowed me to try, and I will say that I just purchased the irons from him and will continue to play them. Anyone need some Bridgestone JGR HF@'s or Mizuno MP25's? sorry, tangents in know.

SO first tee i hooked the tee shot off the left side but did not have time to hit the range, just some Jimenez stretches, let that sink in....low draw to the middle of the green and my day was off. I started Par, Par, Birdie, HIO....yes HIO my first round with the new TOURBX.. @Canadan I got a HIO my first day with the new TOURBX four holes in and my first since 1992. What are the odds?

I have been looking for a ball for my one and only for this year, and I have tried the new TP5, EXP-01, Prov's TOURRXS, CUT and VICE PRO. I am sold...SIGN ME UP.
132 yds and a OL OL F9. WE score pars with 2 points 4 for a Birdie, 6 eagle and HIO is and eagle but you get 8 points

C12100C9-0FDE-461D-8803-3D4E990C18AA.jpegBE21D350-A509-4F0B-AE18-C4B600585875.jpeg

Hitting the short game practice area this afternoon with these.

so here is my update, Two weeks ago i posted i had picked up the RXS to try and @JB said let me know how you do with them....They were way to soft for me and i was moving them all over the course with no consistency for me. I did not play last week as I had a couple of things i had putting off on the honey do's and the weather was good for me to put in a wreck drain and turn the bestest half garden for the new year...

I picked ups a sleeve of the TOURBX at the local PGASS for yesterdays Tee time and It was night and day. I will also add in here that I am still playing the OL that @BigDill allowed me to try, and I will say that I just purchased the irons from him and will continue to play them. Anyone need some Bridgestone JGR HF@'s or Mizuno MP25's? sorry, tangents in know.

SO first tee i hooked the tee shot off the left side but did not have time to hit the range, just some Jimenez stretches, let that sink in....low draw to the middle of the green and my day was off. I started Par, Par, Birdie, HIO....yes HIO my first round with the new TOURBX.. @Canadan I got a HIO my first day with the new TOURBX four holes in and my first since 1992. What are the odds?

I have been looking for a ball for my one and only for this year, and I have tried the new TP5, EXP-01, Prov's TOURRXS, CUT and VICE PRO. I am sold...SIGN ME UP.
132 yds and a OL OL F9. WE score pars with 2 points 4 for a Birdie, 6 eagle and HIO is and eagle but you get 8 points

View attachment 8930144View attachment 8930145

Now that's a decent way to start the day! Congrats (begrudgingly) on your hole in one! My search though, continues on for my first!

Which ball will you be using? Have you settled in on a particular model this year?

look forward to hearing what YOU think....I know what I am playing

I wanna try these really bad but I have 9 dozen of the old B XS

Which ball will you be using? Have you settled in on a particular model this year?

This one will be X testing, as I am finding it to be incredibly successful for me. I do love the lower spin off the tee of the RX though.

This one will be X testing, as I am finding it to be incredibly successful for me. I do love the lower spin off the tee of the RX though.
Agreed. I'm gonna sound like a nut... but i will switch to the RX if I'm playing a scramble or match play and hit some rolling bombs!

Even though I'm bringing two dozen of the last generation XS to Myrtle with me (not all for me, sharing with the group) I'm still planning on picking up some of the new XS when I get there to give a try and compare. Let the Year of the Ball testing begin! I'm looking forward to having some feedback for this thread finally.

Picked up a box of each RX and RXS to play in FLA next week. Got my dad some too. Can't wait to see how they do.

Think I’m going to be able to get on the course this weekend and I can’t wait to try the XS and RXS out side by side

Funny you mentioned the lower spin RX.....I saw distances today into the Florida fan that I haven't had in a minute......230+ with driver into(which is great for me) and a couple 5i's that went 175 into.....it almost likes being hit into the wind versus downwind! RX is definitely my ball

2 dozen Yellow Tour BRX arrived today. I think they darkened the yellow compared to last years model, looks richer and better. New BRX on right, #1.

AB3A0BC5-1947-42C5-AB3C-E492714CBF41.jpeg

I was testing these around our putting/chipping green yesterday, and while my short game is what I'd consider pretty handy (especially for an 11 hdcp), I don't often intentionally try to "hop and stop" shots on the green - most of the time I pick a spot to chip/pitch to, and let it roll.

Well yesterday, I intially was doing the standard play where I pick a spot, and let it roll to the hole. With the B-RX, when I clipped it just right, it would hit, and the speed of the ball would just disappear, and it would hardly roll out at all. Grabbed an ERC soft to compare to, and hit the same type of shot, and the ERC would land in around the same spot, and roll out like I'm used to.

This was quite a revelation to me, gives me reason to think there's something about this ball that I may want to consider these being my choice for duck-hooking into the woods off the first tee this season!

Had a good practice sesh with these. Just working with the X and I am still seeing what I posted earlier in this thread. Later this week, I will see about grabbing the Quad and getting some numbers.

I like the BXS a lot. I think it will be the 2020 ball. That or the tried and true Prov1X.

I can't make up my mine if the RX or X is better so far, so a dozen XS will be bought to see if there is a middle ground if that is how it is supposed to work. Both the RX and X have shined on different days, but it has been quite windy so hard to tell just what is going on with spin, etc.

A bit more spin around the greens would be nice, but not really any problem with irons stopping when struck well.

2 dozen Yellow Tour BRX arrived today. I think they darkened the yellow compared to last years model, looks richer and better. New BRX on right, #1.

View attachment 8930264
Yep, we brightened the yellow in the new ones. We always thought the last version was off a shade or two so we bumped up the saturation!

Just got these in yesterday. Looking forward to testing these out next week on Trackman.
6759EDD9-71E2-4A9B-8951-CD0C1AEE5CC8.jpeg2C473E81-B682-447E-B96F-7DCC9D45340B.jpeg

After playing 18 yesterday with the Tour B X, the biggest takeaway I had is the sound/feel is outstanding--as good as any ball I have hit. It was a noticeable difference off tee and irons compared to the previous model. The previous model felt like other 'tour' balls; the newer model is unique. Not sure how to put it other than it felt really solid.

After playing 18 yesterday with the Tour B X, the biggest takeaway I had is the sound/feel is outstanding--as good as any ball I have hit. It was a noticeable difference off tee and irons compared to the previous model. The previous model felt like other 'tour' balls; the newer model is unique. Not sure how to put it other than it felt really solid.

Well put......this reactiv cover seems to be a game changer!

I played 9 last Thursday with the new Tour B X. No warm up as it was already getting late so of course I hit a hard draw right into a lone tree for my very first shot. Surprisingly it didn't make much of a scuff. I had about a 75 yard pitch and did not have a very good lie so I couldn't hit it high and there was a bunker in front of the green. I hit a pretty good shot but though I carried it too close to the pin and it would roll out long. Fortunately it check hard and was about 18 inches left of the pin. After playing the rest of the holes I have to say this ball really does have some bite to it. I like it!

Back