MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Reaction score
Handicap
As Canadan had posted before, the cold is moving in and golf will be limited very soon. Our friends in Chicagoland just experienced the first snow of the season yesterday!

So I look back at this year and realize I had a bunch of fun, but didn't make a lot of progress. I've made a short list of goals to achieve in 2020 much in the same vein of
the pros that post theirs. Mine will be a bit different.

1. Break 90 (personal best is 94)
2. Play 9-holes without 3-putting
3. Play at least 4 outings
4. Golf with other THP'ers!
5. Do a better job at records keeping for personal improvement reasons
6. Get even more friends involved in golf
7. Have Fun!!!!!

My goals for 2020:

Stay healthy
Play More
Enjoy every moment
Make more Birdies
Would like to possibly travel and enjoy a special experience

I really want to make goals for my game for 2020, but knowing that I will not be playing golf for over 3/4 of the year makes it difficult

THP Event. that's pretty much it for me. My game will work itself out, so I am just hoping to get into an event next year.

Play three courses in other states.

My 2019 Golf season was so much fun. I was introduced to THP and have met some great people. It has opened my eyes to a new way to view this game for sure.
My 2019 goals left a little to be desired, I struggled mid season but finished strong, finally breaking 90 on a very difficult course nearby.
My 2020 goals are:
Track putts and lower putts per round
Shoot par for 9 holes(in a row)
Beat personal best for 18 (84)
Play one course a month I've never played before

Play more golf hopefully.
Would love to be chosen for a THP event.
Explore more courses in New England.
And on a swing level quit "Humping the Goat" as my instructor calls it.

In 2020 I would like to get my fitness levels back to what it was pre-knee injury and shoot a round under par, which I haven't done since then.

GIR at or above 40%
Maintain 50% FIR
Play the same putter all year long
Work short game

It is going to be tough to meet some goals for next year but I will see what I can do

1 - Maintain single figure handicap and try to get it lower if possible (currently 9.2)
2 - Try for a new personal best (currently +2 at my home course)
3 - Be the top scorer for my home club in the league season (managed it this year but failed to play as well as I could at the finals)
4 - Continue to organise the annual UK gathering
5 - Just play more golf and enjoy it
6 - Win a spot for #TheGrandaddy 2020 edition (or whatever may replace it if it doesn't return for some reason)

It’ll be hard for me to top 2019. I got my hc down from a 36 to 22. Got in an Event. Met some awesome people that showed me a new way to look at the game. Played a bunch of new courses that I wouldn’t have played otherwise.

My goals for 2020 are things that I have control over. Being a member here, I’m sure I’ll get to experience a whole lot of cool stuff that I can’t even begin to imagine.

Get my hc to the low teens
Play with more THPer’s
Play more new courses
Keep having fun

My 2020 goals constantly change based on mood. Like right now I'm at the gym and it's reminding me that the only real goal should be to stay healthy. It starts and will stop there otherwise.

- Intermediate wedge improvement is always on the list.

- Find more people to golf with! I'm on a Midwestern island here. It's lonely! Lol

- I'm hooked again, so I want to finish (tricky word) updating the rest of my gear. Tried not to go crazy with that my first year back playing. New set of irons and a custom fit putter are high on that sublist.

- PRUDENCE. Start the year slow. Aside from getting hurt, it worked how I envisioned this year. Let it build, don't get ahead of myself, and play for the pinnacle. Playing again after all those years I went with the swing that worked for my body as it is now. Pushed it a little bit and had a setback. Didn't put me back in the hospital for a month and a half (thanks for that ^), but it wasn't awesome and I'm not back to where I was prior to it. I couldn't really push through the ball or finish my rotation and follow through before, and it's worse now. So I'm going to break it down a bit to start the year and try to gain some of that back. Strive for more, but know when to quit if it's going to make anything worse, physically. I really feel like I'm limited by my current swing, but if it's all I can ultimately do, I need to try remember that it's still pretty darn good. So quit dreaming and fix that wedge game!

wrote that last part just for me

Last edited:
It’ll be hard for me to top 2019. I got my hc down from a 36 to 22. Got in an Event. Met some awesome people that showed me a new way to look at the game. Played a bunch of new courses that I wouldn’t have played otherwise.

My goals for 2020 are things that I have control over. Being a member here, I’m sure I’ll get to experience a whole lot of cool stuff that I can’t even begin to imagine.

Get my hc to the low teens
Play with more THPer’s
Play more new courses
Keep having fun
I should have put "Buy more stuff from LLIB" as well :ROFLMAO:

- Develop a golf fitness routine
- Fix fade/slice
- Lower cap to <20
- Break 100 at Fullerton, Dad Miller, Riverview and Willowick
- Play several local courses that I have never played or played once. Current list is 5 courses

Pretty much in this order. We don’t have an off season, so I’ll be playing through fall/winter. But I need to spend less time playing and more time getting in better shape for the meat of the 2020 season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've had a great year. I was in 1 THP event and will be in another next week. I'll have met some great THPers, Danny Lee, Tyler from Ben Hogan, and Sean Toulon, Luke Williams, Tony Toulon and Austie Rollinson.

If I could get in another next year, have good health for my family and me, and play as much golf as I can, I'll consider it a raging success. Hell, give me the last 2 and it'll be a great year. A THP experience would the cherry on top.

In 2020 I would like to get my fitness levels back to what it was pre-knee injury and shoot a round under par, which I haven't done since then.
How bad was the knee?

How bad was the knee?

Partial ACL and Meniscus. I was slow getting back on the course/gym after it happened. I didn't touch a club from November until mid-April. After watching Tiger win the Master's the thrill came back and the rest is history.

2020 goal is to be able to play golf again.
I was only able to play twice in 2019 and only twice in 2018 because on injury.
Hoping to get into a good workout routine, then into a practice routine over the winter.
Looking forward to what playing in 2020 might bring.

Partial ACL and Meniscus. I was slow getting back on the course/gym after it happened. I didn't touch a club from November until mid-April. After watching Tiger win the Master's the thrill came back and the rest is history.
That's not too bad. Some good work and PT and you'll get back on the good foot. Best of luck to you!

2020 goals:

1. always start with this one: hit a hole in one. still have not done that
2. shoot under 80. i have done this 3 times but not in the last 7-8 years
3. knock one in from the fairway. something 100+ yards. have never done that either
4. 3 birdies in 1 round
5. 3 rounds in a row with at least 1 birdie
6. 1 round without a 3 putt...uugghh

That's not too bad. Some good work and PT and you'll get back on the good foot. Best of luck to you!

Thanks the knee is fine now, and the rehab is done. It just took me away from the game and gym for a bit. Just a little catching up to do.

I’m working on 2020 now. Taking lessons, working on fixing my swing faults. Exercising consistently, eating better. I want to play more every week. I also want to get into another THP event!

Goals:

Lower cap to under 15
Shoot under 85
Round of golf with 30 putts or less
Make a 50 footer or longer putt
Poke a 300 yard drive!

Back