Me either.....

Willis... whatcha talking about? If this is about player safety why the hell play Thursday games in the first place?? COVID happened this year... been playing Thursday football for years knowing injury risks. This is about owning another day of TV and generating money for the shield.

Perhaps I’m not getting your point, but if the NFL were all about maximizing revenue, then this BAL@PIT game would be on SNF and not a 1 pm start that is sure to cannabilize some viewers. I’ll concede the NFL stance in recovery time could be as much about the quality of the product as about player safety, but there is no doubt that as things stand today, DAL will be significantly more rested than BAL on Thursday night. Having them play Sunday night would compound the difference. I think BAL will pay a price for violating protocol, but it will be something the NFL has 100% control over. Tilting the field of play in a game BAL is a good bet to win doesn’t pass that test.

Perhaps I’m not getting your point, but if the NFL were all about maximizing revenue, then this BAL@PIT game would be on SNF and not a 1 pm start that is sure to cannabilize some viewers. I’ll concede the NFL stance in recovery time could be as much about the quality of the product as about player safety, but there is no doubt that as things stand today, DAL will be significantly more rested than BAL on Thursday night. Having them play Sunday night would compound the difference. I think BAL will pay a price for violating protocol, but it will be something the NFL has 100% control over. Tilting the field of play in a game BAL is a good bet to win doesn’t pass that test.
If quality of the product was even a consideration they wouldn’t televise any Jets games and NFC Least would have more of a game of the week broadcast.... 😜
Here is latest.... so what does the league do? Ravens already not allowed in facilities until Monday...

If quality of the product was even a consideration they wouldn’t televise any Jets games and NFC Least would have more of a game of the week broadcast.... 😜
Here is latest.... so what does the league do? Ravens already not allowed in facilities until Monday...

It’s truly amazing that the NFL has made it this far this season without a major schedule concern caused by the virus.

Was a big point in the game right after the awful fake punt call. He wasn’t even hiding it either....right in front of everyone.
Agreed.... a penalty there and ‘Boys may get the ball close to the 50.... and it’s still anyone’s game at that point

I didn't think the NFL called back plays for taunting. IDK. It should have been a flag and added to kickoff. I remember seeing Jax taunt Pitt a couple of years ago and play stood.

I didn't think the NFL called back plays for taunting. IDK. It should have been a flag and added to kickoff. I remember seeing Jax taunt Pitt a couple of years ago and play stood.
Think you’re right.....just needed something to bit@* about.

Lions continue to be the most inept franchise in all of professional sports. Think Quinn and Patricia are both fired tomorrow morning

I think the Lions regret firing Jim Caldwell.

I think the Lions regret firing Jim Caldwell.
I never understood how he became a NFL head coach?! He ran Wake Forest’s football program into the ground in the mid 90s.

Won’t be a FA for long.

How is this TD run not called w/ a taunting penalty? Weak.

View attachment 8976356
Waiving good bye to Mike McCarthy? :LOL:

Oh, jeez! So many PC types, twinkies, and snowflakes watching football these days! Trying to emasculate the game! It's not like he spiked the ball in the guys face, or spun it at his feet. Those will get you a taunting call! You know what a ref would have told me back in the day? PLAY BETTER!!! There were no such things as "taunting" calls back then! And I don't see their presence in the game as a positive!

Oh, jeez! So many PC types, twinkies, and snowflakes watching football these days! Trying to emasculate the game! It's not like he spiked the ball in the guys face, or spun it at his feet. Those will get you a taunting call! You know what a ref would have told me back in the day? PLAY BETTER!!! There were no such things as "taunting" calls back then! And I don't see their presence in the game as a positive!
Thank You for the penalty and foul lesson! Didn't know there very different levels of the call. Facinating! Thanks again!

Thanks for the hawt take. By rule that is a taunting. Do I think it is a mortal sin, no. Just because a rule is stupid doesn't mean we ignore it.

This may be the dumbest thing I’ve seen from the NFL. Let’s all play on Sunday, but don’t go into facilities Monday and Tuesday because of last Thursday.

The rest of the NFL season is really going to depend on how much these players are willing to isolate themselves. We had players test positive, but nothing like this week.

L Jackson, Both starting Balt RBs, J Conner, J. Taylor, A Theilen all out this week.

The rest of the NFL season is really going to depend on how much these players are willing to isolate themselves. We had players test positive, but nothing like this week.

L Jackson, Both starting Balt RBs, J Conner, J. Taylor, A Theilen all out this week.
Well at least Pittsburgh can stop whining about Baltimore’s Covid trainwreck now that they have issues of their own.

Back