2020 Srixon Q-STAR TOUR Golf Balls

Hard to argue that, especially with the dollar for dollar qualifier. I switch back and forth between the QST and Callaway Supersoft, love both of them and don’t notice much difference between them on the course.
I tried the SS briefly 2 or thee years ago and bought a doz this year just ro try for the few bucks less ( more difference for any ball in Canada). I didn’t feel the SSfelt as “solid” (best way I can descibe that from memory), but mostly I missed the spin on pitches and chips.

I havnt done much testing this year regarding balls, but have tried a couple with good results. But I STILL keep going back to this ball. I cant get it out of my bag.

1: for the quality and performance for me
2: for the price

I just havnt found this entire package in a ball yet thats out there for me. Iv been playing it since it came out a few years ago and all my playing partners know when we tee of and find our balls which one is mine because its been in my bag for so long.

Fall weather is upon us here in Middle TN and I wanted to try some lesser expensive golf balls. I gave the Srixon Q Star Tour a shot yesterday on 9 holes. I preface this by saying that my go to ball is the Callaway Chrome Soft. The Q Star Tour was not my favorite. I was hoping it was on par with the CS in distance control and spin but it seemed to be half as much as the CS. I had some chips and pitches and could not stop where I wanted/needed the ball whereas I can with the CS. I don't want to spend $50 a box for the CS but what can I do? The Srixons are now practice (skytrak) balls for me but I cannot see me putting them into normal play. Was hoping I could, but cannot.

Fall weather is upon us here in Middle TN and I wanted to try some lesser expensive golf balls. I gave the Srixon Q Star Tour a shot yesterday on 9 holes. I preface this by saying that my go to ball is the Callaway Chrome Soft. The Q Star Tour was not my favorite. I was hoping it was on par with the CS in distance control and spin but it seemed to be half as much as the CS. I had some chips and pitches and could not stop where I wanted/needed the ball whereas I can with the CS. I don't want to spend $50 a box for the CS but what can I do? The Srixons are now practice (skytrak) balls for me but I cannot see me putting them into normal play. Was hoping I could, but cannot.

I like the Q Star Tour, but a tour ball it is not, for the cooler months though it works for me. Sorry they didn't work out for you

I like the Q Star Tour, but a tour ball it is not, for the cooler months though it works for me. Sorry they didn't work out for you

What makes a tour ball? Asking genuinely as the name is pretty muddied with some brands.

In this instance its a 3 piece ball, decently firm, urethane cover.

Great question JB. To me there is something in the make up of the CS that wins over the QST. The feel is better for me with the CS and the spin was noticeably different. Curious as to what the difference is.

What makes a tour ball? Asking genuinely as the name is pretty muddied with some brands.

In this instance its a 3 piece ball, decently firm, urethane cover.

When I refer to a Tour Ball, I'm speaking strictly to pricepoint.

Chrome soft is what $45/$49 now and Q Star Tour is $32.99

Wasn't knocking it - I also feel like the Q Star Tour doesn't perform the same for as the Srixon XV does, which isn't a knock on the ball just different performance

Great question JB. To me there is something in the make up of the CS that wins over the QST. The feel is better for me with the CS and the spin was noticeably different. Curious as to what the difference is.

I think the Chrome Soft is a fantastic golf ball.
I was genuinely asking. I see a lot of spin in the Tech Studio off of Q-Star Tour, so was curious what offers thought and why.

When I refer to a Tour Ball, I'm speaking strictly to pricepoint.

Chrome soft is what $45/$49 now and Q Star Tour is $32.99

Wasn't knocking it - I also feel like the Q Star Tour doesn't perform the same for as the Srixon XV does, which isn't a knock on the ball just different performance

You are right about price point. Also right about the XV, which is very firm.

Also, the pros are not using anything but the Prov and ProvX, TM "tour" balls or the Callaway "tour" and some (very few I think) Srixon "tour" balls. You (meaning me) do not see anyone using Cut or the lesser expensive TM's or Callaways or even the Mizuno balls.

edit: and yes, a lot of them have to use the balls per contract, but some can use whatever they want right?

Also, the pros are not using anything but the Prov and ProvX, TM "tour" balls or the Callaway "tour" and some (very few I think) Srixon "tour" balls. You (meaning me) do not see anyone using Cut or the lesser expensive TM's or Callaways or even the Mizuno balls.

edit: and yes, a lot of them have to use the balls per contract, but some can use whatever they want right?

Very few are not under some sort of a ball deal on tour.

I think the Chrome Soft is a fantastic golf ball.
I was genuinely asking. I see a lot of spin in the Tech Studio off of Q-Star Tour, so was curious what offers thought and why.

You are right about price point. Also right about the XV, which is very firm.

I guess my other qualification of a "Tour Ball" is that I'm not familiar with any pro on the PGA or LPGA tours (can't speak to the lower tours) using less than the $39 golf ball from any of the major OEMs (not including Volvik/Saintnine etc)

I guess my other qualification of a "Tour Ball" is that I'm not familiar with any pro on the PGA or LPGA tours (can't speak to the lower tours) using less than the $39 golf ball from any of the major OEMs (not including Volvik/Saintnine etc)

I get it, to many price dictates it.

Back