2021-2022 College Football Thread

If things fall right this weekend, I believe the Freeman hiring should take away the apprehension of the committee to rank ND in the top 4 due to losing Kelly. Continuity, and quite possibly improvement, is in tact.

Sure there's risk in this hire. He's never been a great coach and ND is a pressure cooker. I think it's definitely a risk worth taking. I'm ready to run through a wall for him now. Think these guys like the hire?

Sure there's risk in this hire. He's never been a great coach and ND is a pressure cooker. I think it's definitely a risk worth taking. I'm ready to run through a wall for him now. Think these guys like the hire?

I think its awesome, they sure seem to like him.

I think its awesome, they sure seem to like him.
Just got even better. The strength coach called them in for a workout before surprising them 😂

that southern accent sure kicked in fast:LOL:

Put a little Tony Chachere’s on his food once and look what happened!😳 Surprised he didn’t talk like Foghorn Leghorn!🤣
736CAB75-5728-4B66-B594-F2CF7876BF01.jpeg

Let's gooooooooo!!!!!!!

I was just about to post this. I know I am fired up!!!

ND has had a history of bad hires. Prior to Lou Holtz, ND had Gerry faust. After Holtz, ND a bunch of bad hires, Bob Davies, Tyrone Willingham, Charlie Weis. Brian Kelly was a great hire. I think Freeman will be a bad hire. It is like giving the Google CEO job to someone who has never been one before.

ND has had a history of bad hires. Prior to Lou Holtz, ND had Gerry faust. After Holtz, ND a bunch of bad hires, Bob Davies, Tyrone Willingham, Charlie Weis. Brian Kelly was a great hire. I think Freeman will be a bad hire. It is like giving the Google CEO job to someone who has never been one before.
You forgot George O'Leary who I think would've been a good hire except for the whole resume thing...

Emotion, charisma, and recruiting are super important in college football. None of those other guys checked all the boxes. This has a good chance of working out.

I don't know how to feel. Fans of other teams sympathizing and thinking ND is cool? This is all a very strange feeling... I'm so used to the hate

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This worked pretty well for us last time it happened…

Can a guy get lucky and have Brian Kelly hire Geoff Collins away from Georgia Tech?

I don't know how to feel. Fans of other teams sympathizing and thinking ND is cool? This is all a very strange feeling... I'm so used to the hate

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not talking about you, but the Notre Dame fan obsession with Kelly leaving, even as y’all “upgraded “ at Head Coach, is getting weird…

Not talking about you, but the Notre Dame fan obsession with Kelly leaving, even as y’all “upgraded “ at Head Coach, is getting weird…
I kind of agree. I got a text from a ND buddy this morning looking to now get to the Ohio State game next year. The timing felt like it was one of the five stages of grief.

I think a lot of it is because of the way he left. The guy has proven that he can can coach and win a lot of games. I'm definitely not calling it an upgrade at head coach yet. Only have to replace the winningest coach in ND history with 10+ wins the last 5 years. No pressure, right?

I will say that if recruiting really takes off because of Freeman, Kelly leaning could've awoken a sleeping giant. We have some good players but not enough and not enough depth. These next two classes are shaping up to close that gap. Now can the guy coach? That's why they play the games, and we'll find out.

You forgot George O'Leary who I think would've been a good hire except for the whole resume thing...

Emotion, charisma, and recruiting are super important in college football. None of those other guys checked all the boxes. This has a good chance of working out.

The biggest issue at ND is the academic standards. IT IS SO DAMN HARD @ND. Probably 100% of 4 and 5 star recruits from Alabama, Clemson, and Alabama would NOT qualify to play @ND due to high academic standards there. It will be an eye opening for Marcus Freeman.

The biggest issue at ND is the academic standards. IT IS SO DAMN HARD @ND. Probably 100% of 4 and 5 star recruits from Alabama, Clemson, and Alabama would NOT qualify to play @ND due to high academic standards there. It will be an eye opening for Marcus Freeman.

Is it harder to get all kids into ND than other schools? Absolutely. Is this overblown, especially today? Absolutely. There's no reason that ND can't have a top 5 class every year getting their guys. The saying was they could never get the d linemen in, but now their line depth is a strength because of the way Elston has recruited. Kelly got us 90% of the way there. Freeman might take us over the finish line.

Is it harder to get all kids into ND than other schools? Absolutely. Is this overblown, especially today? Absolutely. There's no reason that ND can't have a top 5 class every year getting their guys. The saying was they could never get the d linemen in, but now their line depth is a strength because of the way Elston has recruited. Kelly got us 90% of the way there. Freeman might take us over the finish line.

Alabama had 19 5-star recruits on its 2019 roster, probably the same in 2021 or a bit less. ND might have one or two 5-star recruits on its roster, but definitely no more than 5 or 6. That's because of the academic standards @ND will disqualify recruits from going to ND. That's the reality. MF will not be able to overcome that.

Fourteen college football programs have already signed at least one five-star recruit in the 2021 class. Alabama leads the way with six five-star signees, followed by Ohio State with five, Georgia with four, then Clemson, LSU and Miami with two each, while Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Washington and Wisconsin each have one.

Totally absurd. With every post you make, it’s clear you have zero knowledge of the Alabama football program.

Back