2021/2022 Soccer Thread

Deep breaths. If half way through you told me we were in 2nd during qualifying, I would have been satisfied. Not happy with how they have played throughout, but they have made some progress. Road wins in CONCACAF have always been rare and I agree we should have at least another point or two.

Need 7 points out of the next 3 game stanza because the last 3 game stanza will be tough to get points at Costa Rica and Mexico. At least Costa Rica is the last game and they will know if they need the win or draw.

Deep breaths. If half way through you told me we were in 2nd during qualifying, I would have been satisfied. Not happy with how they have played throughout, but they have made some progress. Road wins in CONCACAF have always been rare and I agree we should have at least another point or two.

Need 7 points out of the next 3 game stanza because the last 3 game stanza will be tough to get points at Costa Rica and Mexico. At least Costa Rica is the last game and they will know if they need the win or draw.
They way Canada played last night 7 may be a big ask for the next window.

They way Canada played last night 7 may be a big ask for the next window.
Canada looks good. We need to try and get a draw there and win our two home games. The final window is tough.

Canada looks good. We need to try and get a draw there and win our two home games. The final window is tough.

In reality - Canada and Mexico did not play a good match. It was like watching 6-year-olds at the YMCA - blasting the ball with no purpose, a bunch of fouls, silly mistakes.

Canada took advantage of Mexico's mistakes and converted them into goals. But from last night's performance, Canada should be no issue for the USA on January 30th.

In reality - Canada and Mexico did not play a good match. It was like watching 6-year-olds at the YMCA - blasting the ball with no purpose, a bunch of fouls, silly mistakes.

Canada took advantage of Mexico's mistakes and converted them into goals. But from last night's performance, Canada should be no issue for the USA on January 30th.
I think it will be a tough road game. We only got the draw with them at home. It will likely be cold and on a strange field.

THE START OF A NEW ERA AT ST. JAMES PARK!!! 1-0 good guys!

Time to give these yellow jerseys a yellow card. Letting too much go.

What the effffff. Lucky it’s not 1-2, possess the ball for the love of god!

New era, same team. 🤮

2-2!!! What a half!

Darlow is bad although that goal was unlucky. That defensive sequence was ugly. 2-3 in a poor showing so far in the second half.

It’s tied up at 3 let’s gooo!!!

Joelinton is not my favorite player.

Newcastle plays to a 3-3 draw. I’ll be back in a couple hours for the Philadelphia Union playoff game.

Looks like I’m watching The Union in Spanish.

I can't understand a single word of these commercials or anything the announcers say. My Spanish lessons are not working.

A couple early yellows in the second. Playoff soccer!!!

They should shock players for embellishment.

Przybyłko needed to get that one on net! Still 0-0 in the 84th minute.

5 minutes of stoppage as a Red Bulls player lies on the ground writhing in excruciating pain after not being touched.

0-0. Trienta minutos más!

1 shot on target. For both teams. The whole game.

Back