2021/2022 Soccer Thread

Happy with the finish to the half. Settled down after a rough stretch.
El Salvador are clogging the middle and disrupting runs. We need to work in to out and let the wingers feed balls into the area. Have the attacking players split the defenders and find space. It won’t take much but a quick flick and we can find the back of the net

Let’s get the ball on net.

Reyna lucky to avoid a yellow there.

Crowd is into it and the home team is getting into a rhythm.

Not sure why Berhalter left Aaronson in.

Sideline ref made sure we didn’t forget about him 🙄

One point on the road in a hostile environment. Need 3 at home against Canada.

One point on the road in a hostile environment. Need 3 at home against Canada.
Not the worst result. I read an article that we need to average 1.7 points per qualifier to get through comfortably. Much better than last World Cup where we started 0-2 and didn’t qualify.

Not the worst result. I read an article that we need to average 1.7 points per qualifier to get through comfortably. Much better than last World Cup where we started 0-2 and didn’t qualify.
It’s CONCACAF though, and it gets late early here in World Cup qualifying. I’m paranoid!

Not sure why Berhalter left Aaronson in.
At least he showed a little better out pushed up and out on the wing, he left me wanting when dropping deeper. The midfield to attackers left a lot to be desired tonight.

A road point is fine, but they felt sloppy

🤢

Terrible first half. Hope they can salvage something from this game, but I am not hopeful. Still upset that McKinnie pulled that crap.

edited to add: great job there!

That's how you start a second half!!

Did they ever need that one

I missed the first few minutes. What formation did they start the game on?

I missed the first few minutes. What formation did they start the game on?
He started with a 3-4-3 but had Adams as a wing back. The team looked confused and constantly lost possession in the midfield.

He started with a 3-4-3 but had Adams as a wing back. The team looked confused and constantly lost possession in the midfield.
That's how messed up the formation was. I thought they started with a 5-2-3 lol

I just saw acres of space open in the midfield
In the first half so I didn’t even want to venture a guess

I guess technically it could have been called a 3-4-1-2. But I agree, it looked like they had no midfield

LET"S GO!! Immediate impact with the cross by Yedlin and Pepi finishes!

You can be a soccer wonk and talk of Sargent’s work rate all day, but even pre-goal Pepi has looked good this game

You can be a soccer wonk and talk of Sargent’s work rate all day, but even pre-goal Pepi has looked good this game
Really glad he picked US over Mexico. And it was a win-win because he is going to get to play for us now and contribute.

Hell yeah! The estimate is 1.7 points per game will get us qualified. This win will put us on pace. As bad as they played in first half, they played a good 2nd half

Really glad he picked US over Mexico. And it was a win-win because he is going to get to play for us now and contribute.
What a debut for him. Goal and an assist

Back