2021/2022 Soccer Thread

These counters are going to kill me.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL

Solid run and build up. All because we attacked the middle and didn’t immediately give up the ball

The USA played well, I thought.

I love Pepi. Kid is in the right spot when it matters

Solid second half for USMNT. Pepi looks awesome in the #9 spot.

Reyna, Pulisic, Adams, mcKennie, weah, pepi, musah. Love the young talent…

I enjoy seeing the USMNT playing more direct, which is a big change from the methodical build ups under Berhalter. Their play wasn't always the best being direct, but we just need to know when to go, and when to slow it down a bit. With all these young guys, that just takes more experience.

Really happy to see Pepi bag 2 more. I've been clamoring for a forward who can just put the ball in the goal. I don't care how, just put the ball in the goal and Pepi has done that with his limited USMNT chances. 3 in 2 games is nothing to sneeze at. He also had some good moments holding the ball in the build up to some attacks.

Crazy how young this team is, so I'm glad to see them get this 2-0 result. We did what we needed to do. Got a shutout. And the young guys will continue to grow. I'm optimistic about this group. I don't expect our play to always be beautiful. I expect some mistakes. But right now we need results, and the growth and maturity will come as we continue to grow this group together.

Not a huge Aaronson fan, but I feel like he could be on his way to a breakthrough performance at some point here.
I'm actually becoming a fan. Good energy. Seems to get involved with a lot of the build up play. Hoping he can continue to improve.

Last nights game was truly a tale of two halves. The first half was the old bend don’t break thought process and it killed any dynamic creativity.

second half we attacked and dictated the pace which gave us two goals and allowed our players to show their skills.

this squad is young and missing some pieces, but we showed we have enough depth to be an attacking side that pressures defenses and plays in space. Pepi is the #9 we’ve needed but he’ll only be as good as the player who can feed him the ball in space. If we don’t find a consistent #10 or 7 that can create amd feed, he’ll get lost in the game like he was in the first half

Last nights game was truly a tale of two halves. The first half was the old bend don’t break thought process and it killed any dynamic creativity.

second half we attacked and dictated the pace which gave us two goals and allowed our players to show their skills.

this squad is young and missing some pieces, but we showed we have enough depth to be an attacking side that pressures defenses and plays in space. Pepi is the #9 we’ve needed but he’ll only be as good as the player who can feed him the ball in space. If we don’t find a consistent #10 or 7 that can create amd feed, he’ll get lost in the game like he was in the first half
Do we have anyone on this squad who can fill that distribution role in the midfield?

Do we have anyone on this squad who can fill that distribution role in the midfield?
Adam’s, Roldán, Busio immediately come to mind of give the chance.
I think Arriola and Hope have the skills to be attacking distributors as well as finishers on the final 3rd

Adam’s, Roldán, Busio immediately come to mind of give the chance.
I think Arriola and Hope have the skills to be attacking distributors as well as finishers on the final 3rd
I’m so exited. I’m not sure what my goal is this year beyond making the WC, but oh my goodness what this team could be in 4 years!!

I’m so exited. I’m not sure what my goal is this year beyond making the WC, but oh my goodness what this team could be in 4 years!!

Keep in mind I’m a former player who preferred my forwards to press and midfielders to have a high work rate, but you need a solid back 3 or 4 to get away with that. I think we have the talent to press more and dictate pace versus playing methodical and countering

Pulisic and Reyna in the starting 11 will make a difference. I am excited for this team

Well 🤬

Well, that sucked. Guess Berhalter is saving his real lineup for Wednesday.

Didn’t watch any of it but saw the score. Bad game?

I mean we looked disjointed the entire game. Part of it was all the new starters. Just don't understand why you rest your best players. Did we learn nothing from last world cup cycle. Don't take anything for granted!

I mean, not a single shot on target. Pathetic.

Zone marking on the corner they scored. They packed the 6, and we watched.

Terrible game by the US. Lineup was different enough for them to look like a completely different (inferior) team from the other night.

Back