2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be you're throwing yourself off-balance by trying to control your follow-through?

Good question. My instructor has me working on a few things:

1. Ensuring proper weight shift to load up my right side on the takeaway, and then
  2. Making sure I drive the weight all the way thru to my left side. I am prone to getting "stuck" on the way thru and then I end up flipping my hands at the ball instead of creating lag.
  3. Also, and I think there is where the core strength comes in, I tend to move my spine angle and then get off plane.
In regard to #3 - I find that when I focus on my core muscles during the swing it's VERY helpful for stability - but I get tired, and cannot sustain it thru an entire round.

3 days in a row on the Tonal. About to make it 4.

Last workout of 2020.

Squats 255x5x3. Bench 175x5x3. Power clean 140x3x5. Squats moved pretty well. Cleans were meh.

Everything is ahead of pre-shutdown levels except overhead press. 10 pounds to go there.

I need to get a small run in today so I can finish this 5k Friday.

Just recently started wearing an Amazon Halo band. It awards you points for activities, whether it be steps, excercise etc. The aim is 150 points a week. The points reset each Monday. Just hit my 150 for the week. I know it’s only a guide, and you fit types would scoff at such things, but for someone that sat around on their arse all day and puffed and panted walking up the stairs at work, I’m pretty happy. Walking 18 holes of golf and trying to do at least 30 minutes a day on the peloton is hopefully gonna make a little fitter next year.

I walked 18 yesterday and am slowly removing sugar and carbs from my diet

Removing or limiting the sweets is the biggest factor for me. The holidays are the hardest time of year.

Just recently started wearing an Amazon Halo band. ... I know it’s only a guide, and you fit types would scoff at such things, ...
Maybe some would. I would not. I'm not a "fit type" right now, anyway, so there's no way I should be throwing stones
lol.gif

Whatever you do to get more fit than you are is a positive thing. Heck, my Apple Watch does a similar thing and I must admit to being happy when it tells me I've closed an exercise, move, or stand ring.

Removing or limiting the sweets is the biggest factor for me. The holidays are the hardest time of year.
Once the new year rolls around I'll be limiting or eliminating sweets, anything else with highly-refined carbs (e.g.: common, everyday, off-the-shelf white bread and anything else made with refined flour), and alcoholic beverages. I already hardly ever drink soda pop.

Maybe some would. I would not. I'm not a "fit type" right now, anyway, so there's no way I should be throwing stones
lol.gif

Whatever you do to get more fit than you are is a positive thing. Heck, my Apple Watch does a similar thing and I must admit to being happy when it tells me I've closed an exercise, move, or stand ring.

Once the new year rolls around I'll be limiting or eliminating sweets, anything else with highly-refined carbs (e.g.: common, everyday, off-the-shelf white bread and anything else made with refined flour), and alcoholic beverages. I already hardly ever drink soda pop.

Good for you! I want to look like a different person at the Grandaddy!

I need to look good in joggers! @Muchmore18 and I are going to be rocking them! 😂

4 days in a row baby!

Me as well.. Didn't do as well today as I had hoped..

Me as well.. Didn't do as well today as I had hoped..
Not the best time of the year to try to improve ones nutrition 😆

I dieted for a couple weeks leading up to Christmas, then suspended it until after New Year's Day.

Got my struggle workout in tonight and it was not easy!

I use February each year to launch a fitness campaign. Each year I quit all alcohol for that month and this will be year #20. I've been dealing with physical ailments and surgeries for the past few years but I'm %100 right now and looking to keep it that way. I'm going to try to recommit to playing well and working at the game again this year. Got some pandemic weight gain but not too bad. If I lose 12Lbs I'll be good.

I just cannot use exercise equipment. To pick up a weight that doesn't need to be picked up and set it back down repeatedly makes me nutz. I'll hike, go kayaking, rake the yard, anything but weights.

I just cannot use exercise equipment. To pick up a weight that doesn't need to be picked up and set it back down repeatedly makes me nutz.
I do it so I can pick up, put down, pick up, put down ... heavy things that do need to be picked up and put down, sometimes repeatedly, without injuring myself.

I do it so I can pick up, put down, pick up, put down ... heavy things that do need to be picked up and put down, sometimes repeatedly, without injuring myself.
And it makes kayaking, raking the yard, golfing, picking up my kids all the easier

Thinking of finishing-up the year strong and getting in a cardio session. Usually work out in early afternoon, but thinking of just going now and gettin' 'er done, before I think about it too long and change my mind
lol.gif

Thinking of finishing-up the year strong and getting in a cardio session. Usually work out in early afternoon, but thinking of just going now and gettin' 'er done, before I think about it too long and change my mind
lol.gif

Hitting the Peloton today!

I made it happen. Directly after my post at 10:25 ET, above, I said to myself "Self, since you're feeling motivated now, now is the time to do it." So I did.

Did what I call low-intensity interval training. I still do intervals, but limit my heart rate to something reasonable. 140 BPM, today. (Though I did briefly hit 150 BPM a couple times.)

Played 18 today.. I guess that counts as exercise right!

Started off the year right with finishing a 5k today. I’m happy with the fact I finished as the last time I’ve run was back on 11/21/2020. I’ll take sub 10 min miles with me getting faster on each mile! 💪🏻

Started off the year right with finishing a 5k today. I’m happy with the fact I finished as the last time I’ve run was back on 11/21/2020. I’ll take sub 10 min miles with me getting faster on each mile! 💪🏻
Was going to see how it went. Sounds good for the first day of 2021!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back