2021 College baseball regionals

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Florida is getting drilled. Gave up 10 in the 6th and opened the 7th with back to back jacks. 16-1.

Now with 3 homers in the 7th, it’s 19-1 and USA is still up with one put. Woodshed.

Tennessee and Notre Dame are headed to the Super Regionals.

North Carolina is not.

NC State sweeps the Ruston Regional to advance. Offense came alive after a weak showing in the ACC Tournament last week.

A few intrastate elimination grudge matches this week:

Ole Miss vs Southern Miss
Old Dominion vs Virginia
Stanford vs UC Irvine

Last edited:
One of my former students came in for a few innings for Duke yesterday (4 hits, 2 runs, 4 K's) but it wasn't enough as the ACC Champs fell to Liberty twice. Kudos to Liberty for moving on.

Florida State vs Oklahoma for the softball trophy; game 1 is tonight.

Its awesome watching the energy on the field & in the stands with all of these games! I love playoff college baseball!

Ole Miss v. Arizona in the Tempe super-regional.

My Grandson’s baptism and first birthday are on Sunday. Probably more important than attending a few baseball games and playing golf.🤔

Cody, come on over next Spring. You can stay with us.

I want to partake in said beer shower.

They weren't doing the beer showers when I was there but I will be the first to admit that I miss Regional Baseball weekends more than I miss the Grove. The atmosphere in right field was electric.

WOLF!

PACK!

Congrats to your Wolfpack!

My boys were bounced in Tucson to an Arizona team that hit the ball as well as any team I've seen since the Gorilla Ball era. Congrats to the UA fans and good luck in the CWS.

Now, if the rumors out of Baton Rouge are true, we may lose our coach to @JDax's Tigers. Truthfully, that would probably be best for Bianco and Ole Miss. He's had a really good run here but sometimes things just get stale and both parties need a reset.

Congrats to your Wolfpack!

My boys were bounced in Tucson to an Arizona team that hit the ball as well as any team I've seen since the Gorilla Ball era. Congrats to the UA fans and good luck in the CWS.

Now, if the rumors out of Baton Rouge are true, we may lose our coach to @JDax's Tigers. Truthfully, that would probably be best for Bianco and Ole Miss. He's had a really good run here but sometimes things just get stale and both parties need a reset.
At this point if Bianco doesn’t come home, it’s going to be awkward in Oxford... Like if we hire the East Carolina Coach...

B02840B1-6865-468E-BC82-D9DFC4C4A350.jpeg

At this point if Bianco doesn’t come home, it’s going to be awkward in Oxford... Like if we hire the East Carolina Coach...

View attachment 9013087
No doubt there. Godwin has been who I thought y'all would get since the get go.

I know Ben McDonald and Todd Walker are pushing hard for Mike. How much influence does Skip still have?

No doubt there. Godwin has been who I thought y'all would get since the get go.

I know Ben McDonald and Todd Walker are pushing hard for Mike. How much influence does Skip still have?
I think that Woodward (Our AD) wants Godwin & Skip wants Bianco... And you have Todd Walker saying that he would be the Hitting Coach under Bianco... I think Skip wins here, he has a statue on campus & Woodward doesn’t...

I think that Woodward (Our AD) wants Godwin & Skip wants Bianco... And you have Todd Walker saying that he would be the Hitting Coach under Bianco... I think Skip wins here, he has a statue on campus & Woodward doesn’t...
Good point! :LOL::LOL:

Excited for the CWS to kick off.

This is the first time in a few years I have been really excited about a University of Texas baseball team.

They don't hit the long ball as well as many of these teams, but they certainly pitch really really well.

I still wonder if any team is going to be able to compete with that 1-2 punch at Vandy of Rocker and Leiter. Those guys are putting up videogame numbers.

Avent is retiring from NC State after the season, I think Godwin will go 1.5 hours west to Raleigh.

Avent is retiring from NC State after the season, I think Godwin will go 1.5 hours west to Raleigh.
No offense to the NC State program, but the LSU job is on a different level than the NC State job... If Godwin is offered the job, he’s taking it...

No offense to the NC State program, but the LSU job is on a different level than the NC State job... If Godwin is offered the job, he’s taking it...

True, but being a home grown Eastern NC guy, not really having to relocate, NCSU investing big money in athletics, it’s not that easy to pass up on.

Back