EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

It would be fitting day of #Grandaddy week! What would you concentrate on with a full bag fitting at Callaway? Wedges? Irons? Fairway woods?

It would be fitting day of #Grandaddy week! What would you concentrate on with a full bag fitting at Callaway? Wedges? Irons? Fairway woods?
If I was a GD participant I would focus on Driver and FWs. Very few places would have every shaft known to man the way they would.

Drivers, irons, fw/hybrids.... In that order. Already have a good feel for the wedges and putters ( although something new might pop up. )

I would most focus on putter and non-driver long game. I think I have driver covered from Callaway right now. I am hitting the Big Bertha B21 better than I have ever hit anything. I would really want to fit into and gap the FW's to the Hybrids, to the long irons and make sure that part of my bag is right. I don't hit it as far as others so the 4 or 5 clubs that go from 150-200 off the fairway are absolutely critical for me to compete.

Wedges and Irons for me. I feel like I have a decent feel on what’s working well for me in the woods dept. Of course, I’d always be open to master fitter recommendations.

I feel like irons would be my priority. Then move on to top of the bag to dial in the driver and figure out what works best for irons/hybrids.

fairway woods and a hybrid for me. Driver and Irons should be the easiest to fit provided you are honest and don't chase numbers. The time goes so fast, that fitting is not the time to dial something in or chase a number. I highly recommend anyone who can, get a fitting prior just to understand your miss, what shaft family makes sense for each part of your bag. This way the fitting is a breeze and you can really tap into your fitter and their knowledge.

Is it always hosted at Hideaway? Or does the venue change?
Historically it’s always been at the Hideaway and for anyone who’s been there, it’s our prayer that it always will. The people, the hosts, the course, the views...they’re all overwhelming.

Last edited:
Drivers, irons, fw/hybrids.... In that order. Already have a good feel for the wedges and putters ( although something new might pop up. )

same here. Driver then irons would be priority

Irons and wedges. Those are my fav part as well as my biggest struggle.

Irons for me for sure.

Historically it’s always been at the Hideaway and for anyone who’s been there, it’s our prayer that it always will. The people, the hosts, the course the views...they’re all overwhelming.

That is correct.
Unbelievable access to a very private golf community and if anybody has not seen All's speech from 2017, he walks people through it, while welcoming the entire party in his home.

I would most focus on putter and non-driver long game. I think I have driver covered from Callaway right now. I am hitting the Big Bertha B21 better than I have ever hit anything. I would really want to fit into and gap the FW's to the Hybrids, to the long irons and make sure that part of my bag is right. I don't hit it as far as others so the 4 or 5 clubs that go from 150-200 off the fairway are absolutely critical for me to compete.
That has to a good feeling to have found something that good!

Historically it’s always been at the Hideaway and for anyone who’s been there, it’s our prayer that it always will. The people, the hosts, the course, the views...they’re all overwhelming.
Yea Ive been its pretty sweet.

We built around my irons. I told Gerritt what I wanted to try and he wanted some distance after hitting the first couple 7 irons. Then built the bag around that. Worked out quite well. :cool:

I really have no idea, since I've never been fit before. It would be an eye opening experience, so I think I'd have to have a plan. I'd probably go Driver, since I think my game sets up well when I am driving it well. Then go to irons, since they are used the most, then Wedges, and finally Fairway/Hybrids. But really, I'd be leaning on the experience of the Captain and the Callaway staff to work me through it all. What an amazing thought!

Man oh man. Only 6 spots left. Glad this was my number 1 item on my list to Santa this year! I BELIEVE!!!

min all due respect seeing any Grandaddy thread pop up & the heart starts beatingfaster, thoughts of years past Grandaddy events & all of the work to put this on! Can’t wait to see the remainder of the team fill out!

I really have no idea, since I've never been fit before. It would be an eye opening experience, so I think I'd have to have a plan. I'd probably go Driver, since I think my game sets up well when I am driving it well. Then go to irons, since they are used the most, then Wedges, and finally Fairway/Hybrids. But really, I'd be leaning on the experience of the Captain and the Callaway staff to work me through it all. What an amazing thought!

I hope to help you through the process!

Driver would be the priority followed by the irons then wedges. The video from Al was fantastic what a great place.

I'd probably go to the area of my bag that sits empty in the FW / Hybrid range. Would really like to find something that I was confident in for the 240-270 range.

If I was a Grandaddy participant, I would really focus on the upper end of my bag, woods, and hybrids. This is one area I struggle at so getting this area dialed in would really help my game. Has anyone waited to hit driver last to make sure they can swing it well when they are getting tired?

Driver: I would be looking for something that I can freely swing freely and keep fairly straight (I have a two-way miss). I guess this would be swing weight and shaft flex. I've always like Callaway driver heads so I wouldn't care which one I got fit into if it gave me the right numbers according to the fitter. More distance with a would be great! I'd be confident they could get more from a good setup and the tech from their new drivers.

FW: This would be strictly up to the fitter. I would like more versatile FWs but I haven't found one yet. I have a feeling a Sub Zero-like 3W lofted up might help but I'm not sure.

Hybrid: I really think the utility irons won't be for me which is fine! For the hybrids, I just want good gapping from my woods to my irons. I love hybrids so I would just follow what the fitter sees.

Irons: I could hit a 7i and 5i then call it good. I'd want to see the 5i numbers just for gapping.

Wedge: RFC is the man and I'd probably just discuss with him and go with his recommendation.

Putter: Whatever Luke thinks works for me. I like all of the available head designs with a slant neck.

If I did it over I would still put a big focus on irons but I would spend more time with driver. We got squeezed for time and I only got a few swings with driver and we probably could have optimized that spot a little more. Wedges I pretty much knew what I wanted so that was easy. Fairway woods I would just going with the same setup as driver.

Irons, driver & fairways, putter, then wedges in that order.

A little short game practice in the back?

I hear there is a rumor where most guys act like they are practicing putts to win the Masters.
Finley practices shots to beat THPers :ROFLMAO:

I have had enough of that in reality so no need to visualize that happening

Back