2021 Titleist U505 Utility Iron

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Joining the releases from Titleist today is their new utility iron, aptly named the U505.

Why U505? Well, because it is essentially like the U500 and U510, which were incredibly successful, had a baby. That baby is a blending of styles and principles with the new technology of the 2021 T-Series involved to create an even more playable utility iron.

397721-TSeries-Irons-10-d9e9c4-large-1627326335-L.jpg

Titleist is referring to this one as, “The Do It All Utility Iron” and it is aimed directly at the player looking for more speed and launch in their long irons.

397880-2021_U%E2%80%A2505_3i_C_01_RGB-9ae974-large-1627402881-L.jpg

Design wise, this one has a wider sole and chassis with a shorter blade length and more heel side CG which the Titleist Tour Staff directly asked for. Additionally, Max Impact technology is alive and well in the U505 while it also utilizes an engineered muscle plate that looks very similar to that on the T200 and a forged face insert for speed and feel.

397722-TSeries-Irons-9-54abef-large-1627326337-L.jpg

The U505 really does take what was much loved from the U500 and U510 and with the Max Impact 2.0 looks to make a utility that gives Titleist an edge on set blending and versatility.

As for shaft pairings, the U505 will come standard with the Project X HZRDUS Black RDX hybrid shaft plugged in, though premium options of Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 85 and Tour AD-IZ 95 are also available. The utilities will be available in a 1-4 iron (16°, 18°, 20°, 22°) and be priced at $249 for the HZRDUS and $369 for Graphite Design.

Release date on these will be 8/26/21

Those look really good. A 1 iron. I couldn't imagine!

Beautiful! $369 with the upgraded AD 85 shaft is a lot but I'll definitely be demoing these. My 19* Titleist 503h from 2007 needs to be updated, lol.

The 1 iron is tempting just carry. I can’t imagine it getting much use. I liked the 510 and imagine this to be an “upgrade.”

Sharp looking for sure.

Those look tempting as well. For someone who doesn't hit woods or a hybrid well a random 1 or 2 iron could see some use in my bag, or maybe not depending how well they really work. Never the less though, they would be great to demo.

1627575869930.png
Do NOT like this look at address ... Bulbous

This could be the ultimate back up tee club. I will order this one iron and put it in the bag as a 15th club next season.

This looks like an Adams DHY at address, which i like and hopefully has more modern tech in it. i dont know how forgiving they will be

View attachment 9019376
Do NOT like this look at address ... Bulbous
I was going to say I really liked the looks of this, until you posted this. You might as well use a hybrid based on looking down at it. At least that's what it almost looks like.

You hit your other UT plenty far, but hey why not go for the ultimate fairway finder?! 🤷‍♂️
yeah, often, I don't want it to go farther, but I do want it to go lower. #texasroll

to be fair the 4i in my utility spot is already 18*, so it might not be much different.

I was fitted into a U505 4 iron and was blown away by how easy it is was to hit. I am not exaggerating when I say I haven’t hit a decent 4 iron in a couple of years. I try but I never get the ball over 20 feet in the air, get a lot of roll but not a effective way to play. Firat swing with the U505 was high and straight. I thought it was a fluke and hit the second one even better. hit About 7 shots and not one dud In the bunch. I may even look at the 3 iron in 505 later in the year if the 4 keeps it up. I really want to recommend to anyone who isn’t consistent with a hybrid and conventional long irons don’t get enough height to at least try these. Hopefully you get as surprised how good they are like I was/am.

I was fitted into a U505 4 iron and was blown away by how easy it is was to hit. I am not exaggerating when I say I haven’t hit a decent 4 iron in a couple of years. I try but I never get the ball over 20 feet in the air, get a lot of roll but not a effective way to play. Firat swing with the U505 was high and straight. I thought it was a fluke and hit the second one even better. hit About 7 shots and not one dud In the bunch. I may even look at the 3 iron in 505 later in the year if the 4 keeps it up. I really want to recommend to anyone who isn’t consistent with a hybrid and conventional long irons don’t get enough height to at least try these. Hopefully you get as surprised how good they are like I was/am.
This is awesome! It’s one I really wish I could find some time to work with, like the last model, the feedback is just overwhelmingly positive.

I wish I would have hit this during my fitting. Need to find a place I can try this one out. I think it could potentially fill a gap in the bag.

I wish I would have hit this during my fitting. Need to find a place I can try this one out. I think it could potentially fill a gap in the bag.
Plus, it looks fun as hell! :LOL:

I may be crazy, but there is a strong urge to buy the 1 iron to have an added option off the tee.

Honestly $369 with a Graphite Design shaft really doesn’t seem that bad

I didn’t try the Graphite Design during my fitting session. Hard for me to think it could be better than the Tensei AV Blue I hit and I will keep telling myself that Maybe I can try one if I decide to get serious about a 3 iron later.

Back