2021 Vice Pro Plus golf balls... WOW!

Quality control has been an issue. This happens to some companies when they don’t make their own product or have R&D along with quality checks.
Yeah, the dozens I bought I had several covers cut up way faster than I’m used to. Other than that, they were solid, though I think there are for sure better options out there with some killer R&D.

I have played the Vice Pro Plus and found it to be quite agreeable with my game. But if I'm going to play a ball manufactured by Foremost, I've decided I'll just play the Maxfli Tour, which performs at least as well for me. Snell is my preferred DTC brand. I've had some great rounds with the MTB-X, and I respect that Snell does their own engineering.

Yeah, the dozens I bought I had several covers cut up way faster than I’m used to. Other than that, they were solid, though I think there are for sure better options out there with some killer R&D.
Good to know. I am all about trying different tech. I would be interested in hearing more about the companies (ball companies) that offer some killer R&D. Which balls should we all consider that is similar to the ProV line that are at the $25 to $35 cost as opposed to the $50 ProV cost? I have tried the Srixon, didn't suit me for whatever reason. What other ones should I look at with the killer R&D and low cost? Thanks!

Gotcha. So what was Callaways excuse 2+ years ago?... LOL. JK. I played the Chrome Soft for years, but can't trust their R&D or "quality checks". I don't want to get that started. hahaha
I trust Titleist, but thats it. I have not heard of any problems overall with the Vice (other than quick scuffing), nothing like this pic above. That ball had serious issues for sure.
Just because you have a QC Dept doesn’t always mean quality 😀

I played a box of Vice pro+ (not sure old or new Gen) and they seemed fine. Reminded me of older generation urethane balls where it had that dig your nail into the cover type feel. Did mark up quicker than my V1x gamers but a ball I could live with if I had to play it. The lime green was cool.

839E3023-8F6C-43BE-B7F3-C111A67D1090.jpeg0FC7A651-FAF1-4ADB-8937-46D8F574104B.jpeg

I have played the Vice Pro Plus and found it to be quite agreeable with my game. But if I'm going to play a ball manufactured by Foremost, I've decided I'll just play the Maxfli Tour, which performs at least as well for me. Snell is my preferred DTC brand. I've had some great rounds with the MTB-X, and I respect that Snell does their own engineering.
Snell is a great choice! Love his offerings! I need to try the Maxfli Tour! Low cost and readily available also!

I haven’t had any issues with durability. Mine have hit trees, hit thin out of sand traps, etc. The wear I have seen is similar to the ProV1. I have been playing them for a while and I switched to a Srixon Z Star on a hole last week. It Felt like I hit a Nitro when I hit the first ball. The Srixon felt clicky and hard compared to the Vice Pro.

Gotcha. So what was Callaways excuse 2+ years ago?... LOL. JK. I played the Chrome Soft for years, but can't trust their R&D or "quality checks". I don't want to get that started. hahaha
I trust Titleist, but thats it. I have not heard of any problems overall with the Vice (other than quick scuffing), nothing like this pic above. That ball had serious issues for sure.
That was something well documented that they were in the process of improving BEFORE the rather predictable shock journalism articles that got put out there.

That was something well documented that they were in the process of improving BEFORE the rather predictable shock journalism articles that got put out there.
I believed the research and "shock" journalism offered. I think Callaway did also.. lol

@Jman I am genuinely interested in the the balls you suggest that are similar to the ProV line at a lesser cost. Thanks

??? soooo other balls??
Having tried and tested them all, I prefer Cut to both Vice and Snell for price. That said, I would rather pay a little more and use a ball that fits me and my needs as opposed to just going price over all else.

Having tried and tested them all, I prefer Cut to both Vice and Snell for price. That said, I would rather pay a little more and use a ball that fits me and my needs as opposed to just going price over all else.
May need to try Cut again, I didn't think they were known as having a killer R&D though. I am probably wrong. The only Cut balls I trialed, felt hard and not to my liking. Snell are great but mail order only (I think).
I am thinking the Vice Pro Plus (so far) indeed fits me and my needs. Will keep on trialing them though and others.
Thanks Jman

May need to try Cut again, I didn't think they were known as having a killer R&D though. I am probably wrong. The only Cut balls I trialed, felt hard and not to my liking. Snell are great but mail order only (I think).
I am thinking the Vice Pro Plus (so far) indeed fits me and my needs. Will keep on trialing them though and others.
Thanks Jman
If firmness is a turn off, I really truly recommend trying the Q-Star Tour’s, I think you’d be surprised.

If firmness is a turn off, I really truly recommend trying the Q-Star Tour’s, I think you’d be surprised.

One of my sons prefers the Q-Star Tour over ANY premium-priced ball. I have to agree that it's an excellent ball at a great price.

One of my sons prefers the Q-Star Tour over ANY premium-priced ball. I have to agree that it's an excellent ball at a great price.
It’s top notch, one hell of an underrated golf ball!

Thanks Jman
Vice does not have R&D.

Vice does not have R&D.
I do believe they have R&D (German engineers and have actually changed models characteristics year to year, yet not to the extent of Callaway (lol)), it also looks like they have quality control. https://www.vicegolf.com/us/vice-production
"Ultimate care is not only taken in engineering but also in our quality control process. Every ball is checked from a static point of view in numerous testing scenarios. We make sure that every golf ball we provide is consistent size and weight and shows a perfectly centered core."

Heck, I don't know JB. I am sure you do have the facts. I am going to keep trying them and I am impressed so far. My wife appreciated the lower cost compared to the ProV's also for Fathers Day.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JB

Maxfli Tour is a fabulous ball. Performance as good as any ball I've tried and the price is equivalent to DTC balls.

Does anyone know what the compression is of the Vice balls?

Bump! - interested in these balls and or other updated recomendations
I really like - pro v1 - chrome soft - Zstar - TPx-5
Found a Vice ball with a weird color "splatter?" and pulled it on a hole where you can lose 3 balls easy - finished round with it and was impressed and it seemed a touch longer (y)
TIA

Bump….
Found a Vice PRO plus today after losing my ball on 17, so I finished the round with it. Not sure the “year model”, but I was impressed w it. In looking it up, I see it’s a four piece X style tour ball. But it felt noticeably softer and less clicky than the pro v1X I was playing, which I really like. Did some chipping and putting w it after the round to compare the two.
What iteration are they on now?
Are they only available online or do certain retailers carry them? (Someone mentioned Wally earlier in this thread. Years ago I know)
Lastly, in reading the website, it mentions these are for 110+ swing speed. I don’t swing that fast, but I still enjoyed the ball.

I think they are only online
They have a ball selector tool
I play the pros - and my swing is not 110
Really a great ball

Back