2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn’t feel like working out today, but I had scheduled a 45 minute, 8 round boxing and conditioning class and sucked it up and decided to do it. That ended up a ton of fun. Four rounds with weights, 4 rounds of shadow boxing.

I was so pumped after that class that I did a 20 minute core class and then a 20 minute yoga class. Later in the day JB and I attempted to walk 9 holes but only got in 4 before the sky opened up on us.

Overall, a day I almost didn’t work out, turned into one of my highest calorie burn days so far.

I’ve finally done it. It’s been hard as I love the stuff, but I’ve finally given up soda. Come zero was like crack for me. Not sure exactly how much difference it’s gonna make as it’s 0 calorie, but nontheless, no more soda.

Anyone have experience with resistance bands? If so where did you get them and how did they hold up? I see a ton of reviews of them lasting 2 to 3 weeks and breaking. On days it rains and in the winter when it gets cold enough I am not willing to walk I would like to do some exercises with resistance bands, and also to supplement my walking

Anyone have experience with resistance bands? If so where did you get them and how did they hold up? I see a ton of reviews of them lasting 2 to 3 weeks and breaking. On days it rains and in the winter when it gets cold enough I am not willing to walk I would like to do some exercises with resistance bands, and also to supplement my walking

I got some from Amazon and like the reviews said a few busted after a month. I’m waiting for Tempo to get its kettle bell back in and then I’m going to get their bands and kettle bell, and I’m hoping these bands are better.

I got some from Amazon and like the reviews said a few busted after a month. I’m waiting for Tempo to get its kettle bell back in and then I’m going to get their bands and kettle bell, and I’m hoping these bands are better.
Where would I find the tempo ones?

Also 4 miles today my most in a single walk/jog. My shins and calves are one fire. Also I'm sweating from places I didn't know sweat.

Where would I find the tempo ones?

Also 4 miles today my most in a single walk/jog. My shins and calves are one fire. Also I'm sweating from places I didn't know sweat.

They are from the TempoFit website which is the machine I use to workout, here’s the link to the bands https://shop.tempo.fit/products/resistance-bands. The tempo has band specific classes that they offer which is pretty cool.

I remember the first long walk/run I did, my shins hurt so bad too, and for days.

Congrats on the milestone!

I think the coach on the Tempo is trying to kill me. Today's class was SO hard!!

It's broken up into 2 round. 1st round is upper body. It's 6 exercises, each exercise is 3 sets, and each set is 40 seconds on with a 10 second break. Then you only get a 20 second break before you move on to the next exercise, and you do that for all 6 for the first round. Then you get a whole minute break before you do the 2nd round, which is all lower body, with 6 new exercises all done the same way as the first, 3 sets, 40 seconds on 10 second break, 20 seconds between each new exercise. It was BRUTAL! It was 40 minutes of nonstop movement. Every part of my body was shaking.

My watch said I burned 606 calories and @JB and I are planning to walk 9 this afternoon, so I should have a solid calorie burn today. I may not be able to move tomorrow, but that's tomorrow's problem. 😂

I find it kind of amusing that after meeting with my sibs for lunch last Saturday, I get a call from my big Sis in Florida, saying how they're all worried abourtme because they thought something was wrong. They noticed that I had lost weight! That was by design! My knees are pretty well shot, so the less weight I have on them the better off I am! They also thought that I looked tired. That's probably because I was! That's because I spent the entire day before getting all the yard work done around here, including the next door neighbor lady's, because I wanted to have none of that over the weekend!

I can appreciate their concern, but wish they;d have said something to my face.

I have been making a more concerted effort to work on getting back in shape and losing some weight. I just had my heart checked out (I was born with a murmur so have always been a little paranoid) and with everything looking good, I'm looking to start doing a bit more and pushing myself more. I've never really worked out for the sake of working out, so I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm down to the lowest weight I've been in a lot of years, and determined to get down to my goal of 200#. Hoping I can accomplish that.

I've noticed for the past week or so that I could really feel my abs, but they weren't quite showing themselves...until this morning. I looked in the mirror and there they were, all pretty like, saying hello, how ya doing. I haven't seen them in close to a year. The scale might still be stuck, but clearly what I am doing is working, and this was just the motivation I needed to keep pushing myself even more. I still have a long way to go, but it's nice to see some visible progress.

I’m spent! Did a 25 minute ass kicking HIIT workout, followed by a 30 minute shadow boxing class and then went for a 3.17 mile walk around the neighborhood. Turns out my neighborhood is way more hilly than I realized, and my shins are feeling it.

I've noticed for the past week or so that I could really feel my abs, but they weren't quite showing themselves...until this morning. I looked in the mirror and there they were, all pretty like, saying hello, how ya doing. I haven't seen them in close to a year. The scale might still be stuck, but clearly what I am doing is working, and this was just the motivation I needed to keep pushing myself even more. I still have a long way to go, but it's nice to see some visible progress.

Non-Scale Victories are the best victories. Congrats!

My wife and I have struggled since we got married 4 years ago. I've put on 35 lbs and it's been way harder than ever before to lose weight. Recently, I did a 2-day fast (just water, tea and coffee) and that wasn't hard. Now, I'm eating one meal per day, right around 5 PM. Little to no carbs and I may have a cube of cheese or two around 1 PM to help me get to 5. I might also have a spoonful of peanut butter around 8 PM too.

So far, very good results and very easy to make this part of our lifestyle. Eventually, I'd like to make it a habit to fast 2 days every other week.

Down 34lbs. Walking longer and jogging more but its tough to jog when youre super chunky. Ive noticed that food is getting super boring lol. I just dont even care what i eat so its chicken or eggs or something. its an odd feeling since i used to just want fries and burgers and pizza. i just dont crave it.

Today I did a 30 minute upper body boxing and conditioning class with all the shadow boxing done with weight plates in my hands (my shoulders were burning) then 30 minutes of yoga and followed it up with a 3.22 mile walk.

I’m going to continue to incorporate these walks into my workout routine as much as possible, but I’m going to make it a walk/run. I plan to sprint when going downhill, then walk uphill. I’m hoping this will start to help condition me back into running again. We shall see.

I finally hit a milestone number on the scale today which was much needed for my morale. I was feeling pretty down this morning. I still have so much to go, and sometimes it feels overwhelming, but rather than focus on how much I have to go still, I’m just trying to celebrate the little milestones in the present.

I weighed in at 188 today. I haven’t been there since college.

I am so upset. I hurt my wrist and will likely have to take a week off, if not more, from working out. I am finally starting to make some headway, and the Tempo Fit is starting their Olympic Games where they are doing 14 classes taught by actually Olympians, and I am going to have to sit it out. I know it's a minor set back in a much bigger picture, but right now, I am very disappointed.

2.7lbs. lost last week - Down 46lbs. in 24 weeks - Almost a 2lbs a week average.
I'll take it!

Since I can't workout in the gym right now I went for a 3.5 mile run/walk outside just now, plus I am going to walk the golf course with JB later today. I want to keep up some kind of fitness routine so I don't lose the momentum I have going of working out at least 5 days a week. I think tomorrow I will add in some core work since I can do that without using my wrist by avoiding any planks. I have come too far to let an injury slow me down.

I am so upset. I hurt my wrist and will likely have to take a week off, if not more, from working out. I am finally starting to make some headway, and the Tempo Fit is starting their Olympic Games where they are doing 14 classes taught by actually Olympians, and I am going to have to sit it out. I know it's a minor set back in a much bigger picture, but right now, I am very disappointed.

Injuries are tough, but it sounds like you have the right approach by staying as active as you can.

Best of luck healing up, if you do it right you will be back in no time!

Injuries are tough, but it sounds like you have the right approach by staying as active as you can.

Best of luck healing up, if you do it right you will be back in no time!

Thanks! I just need to make sure I keep it going so I don’t lose the drive and motivation to workout daily.

It’s one of the main reasons I post in here. I know a lot of the time I’m just talking to myself, but in my twisted head it helps keep me accountable.

Thanks! I just need to make sure I keep it going so I don’t lose the drive and motivation to workout daily.

It’s one of the main reasons I post in here. I know a lot of the time I’m just talking to myself, but in my twisted head it helps keep me accountable.

1000% Agree. I have been posting in the other thread and agreed accountability is so great, and really keeps us motivated.

So, I'm sure that it's only in my head however it seems like the more weight I lose, the more strength I lose as well.
Just not getting the driver distances that I was getting last year.
Anyone experience the same phenomenon?

Due to various injuries, I cannot workout for at least a week, maybe more. What is becoming abundantly clear to me is that there is a very strong correlation between eating healthy and working out. When I work out, I want to eat healthy. When I don't work out, I just want to sit on the couch and eat junk food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back