2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

Very fun reading through this thread while waiting for my FTx’s to show up. Went and got fitted for irons thinking I was going to get Srixons, but the numbers were in heavy favor of the FTx’s. Could not believe how far they went and how easy they were to hit. Can’t wait to get them on the course once they arrive!
I had another really good weekend with my Forged Tec X’s and it has me rethinking looking for new irons again. They’re just so easy and fun to hit

Very fun reading through this thread while waiting for my FTx’s to show up. Went and got fitted for irons thinking I was going to get Srixons, but the numbers were in heavy favor of the FTx’s. Could not believe how far they went and how easy they were to hit. Can’t wait to get them on the course once they arrive!
You chose wisely. Not only great distance but very forgiving when you don't find the middle of the face ....

Enjoy.

I had another really good weekend with my Forged Tec X’s and it has me rethinking looking for new irons again. They’re just so easy and fun to hit
Keep the Forged Tec X's....don't go fixing what ain't broken....unless they come out with and update and then buy the new Forged Tec X's.
Office Tv Youre Welcome GIF by The Office

We went down to the future Grandparent-in-laws about a week and a half ago. They live on a course and told me I should go ahead and go out and play 9 holes. I had my spare bag as I was going to show the Forged Tecs to a buddy who might want them for a spare bag for friends in town. So I went out and played with the Forged Tecs and surprisingly hit them better than I ever did when gaming them. The feel is much softer and better than the FTX when you flush them. I was pleasantly surprised with how I hit them but still plan to keep gaming the FTX with a stiff shaft over the FT's with the X-Stiff. I like forgiveness especially this time of year.

Any idea when a refresh of these irons will be released?

Any idea when a refresh of these irons will be released?
I was hoping this popped with some speculation. I’m sure if and when we will get all the details.

I hope the line continue, although if I’m being honest the King Tours still have my eye.

Would imagine that they come out with something later this year or maybe early next year. But I can confirm that the Forged Tec X are still great clubs, I just got them a few months ago.

I was told by the Cobra VP of something or another that they will not be refreshed in 2024.

I'm pretty excited to get mine back out on the course this season

I do feel I missed the boat on these. They check a lot of boxes. Gonna have FOMO for sure.

I was told by the Cobra VP of something or another that they will not be refreshed in 2024.
This is exactly why we host THP Experiences.
So that people can get real information straight from the people that design and bring the clubs to market.

I've been thinking about taking the Forged Tecs back out for a spin. I did about 3 months ago and hit them really well and better than I did before getting the X.

Something I continue to really like for my game with the Forged Tecs is how they perform on the low strikes. When trying some of the other Cobra lines like Aerojet or King Tour, I feel like the low miss is more likely to be a bladed shot that goes long. For some reason that miss with the Forged Tecs seems to end up much more similar to a more centered strike for me.

Something I continue to really like for my game with the Forged Tecs is how they perform on the low strikes. When trying some of the other Cobra lines like Aerojet or King Tour, I feel like the low miss is more likely to be a bladed shot that goes long. For some reason that miss with the Forged Tecs seems to end up much more similar to a more centered strike for me.
PWRShell!

PWRShell!
I’ve benefited from various PWR structures in several clubs but there seems to be some extra secret sauce in this release of Forged Tecs

These irons make me so happy when I play. They feel and sound so good and work so well. I have bad shots with them still (as many probably saw), but that's my really bad swings. My mediocre strikes still fly well and when struck well the ball flight is a thing of beauty....good penetration while getting nice and high up in the air. These are seriously great irons, and I'm super happy to have these in my bag.

Back