2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

My ponder mode is an overdrive on an Eleven CS?!?!?!
putters-2022-eleven-tour-lined-cs___1.png

I keep checking my order in the hopes of an update but none yet... :( Can't wait to get this one in hand and compare against my current gamer.

Thanks @Golfever! Youre spot on. I was recently fitted for a putter and I need a mallet that is face balanced. I'm curious if the triple wide is mallet enough to suffice.
Definitely waiting to see how @Golfever likes the Triple Wide. I am typically a mallet girl but think the Triple Wide would be a great fit for me.

Definitely waiting to see how @Golfever likes the Triple Wide. I am typically a mallet girl but think the Triple Wide would be a great fit for me.

It is a great alternative for traditionally mallet putters.

My club had the Tri Hot 5K Double Wide plumbers neck and the WH OG #7 Bird. Both putters look and feel so so sweet. If I had my wallet on my at the time both may have come home with me.
That double wide Tri Hot 5K......:love::love:

This looks really good.. this in a slant neck could be cool.

also, the new 11 is actually really good in hand as well.
2279C6CF-37A0-4D4D-9A4D-6BFE2B90228C.jpeg

So, let's have fun on a Friday! I've not been good with my putting practice lately and I'm working from home so let's do it. I'm having a fun putting competition throughout the day. The current "champion" is the single line slant neck Ten. The "challenger" is the new naked top slant neck Eleven. From a looks perspective, the naked top Eleven wins it for me but the single line Ten is a close second. I'm going to alternate putters and do sets of 10 putts with each. I'm guaranteeing at least 5 sets (100 putts) but might be able to stretch it to 10 sets. Anyone who has questions regarding these please ask and I'll update with any things I notice. I'll be using the 21 CSX-LS balls for this (they are what's already up here) and my varispeed mat in the faster direction hitting 7.5 foot putts. Let's go!!
20220128_130649.jpg20220128_131741.jpg20220128_131633.jpg

First set:
TEN: 9/10
ELEVEN: 8/10

The Ten takes the first set and an early lead. Apparently the floor is not perfectly level as I'm seeing about a 1 ball right to left break. The misses were all on the low side and a lot has to do with pace. The microhinge star insert on the Ten gives more pop & pace so they dove less. Once I hit a few putts i realized I needed a slight bit more pace with the Eleven and made 6 straight with it. I know the 21 CSX-LS can have a higher pitch "clicky" sound but it's crazy how different these two sound / feel. The white hot insert in the Eleven sounds/feels softer whereas the MHS insert in the Ten is higher pitched and not as pleasant. I know that's easily solved by changing the ball but a noticable difference in the first set.

Second set:
TEN: 10/10
ELEVEN: 10/10

Overall: Ten(19) vs Eleven(18)

Ok.. two quick sets and why can't I putt like that on the course!! I have been putting along the center line to start which is like having training wheels. I'll be putting at an angle the remaining sets to really force me to focus on alignment. The Ten is so easy to line up with the single line on the top. The shadows up in my office makes it more difficult to see the ridge on the naked top Eleven. So far the putts with the Ten are entering the cup right-center whereas the putts with the Eleven are dead center with the occasional right-center. I believe this is pace related but will see if the trend continues. Also, the MHS insert is ridiculous. I prefer the sound/feel of the white hot but 2 of the putts with the Ten in this second set were bad yet the putts still stayed straight and went in with plenty of pace. 🤯

Third set (training wheels off, putting at an angle) :
TEN: 6/10
ELEVEN: 9/10

Overall: Ten(25) vs Eleven(27)

This was surprising. When putting along the line the Ten was so easy to line up. Putting at an angle I felt it more difficult to line up (and trust the alignment) of the Ten. I missed in both sides of the hole with the Ten. The Eleven was easier to trust the alignment and the one miss was a push that hit the right lip.

Fourth set (training wheels off, putting at an angle) :

Overall: Ten(34) vs Eleven(35)

One more quick set before my final meeting. What is really obvious is that I could game either of these and that I need to practice at an angle more often. With the Eleven one miss was dead center but a roll short. Just have to remember to keep the pace up.

Last edited:
FYI… when at a Callaway demo day, the rep mentioned that Toulon‘s would not be in that many stores or green grass accounts, moving more towards boutique offerings. It wasn’t a none, but seems like they may be a little hard to come by in the wild for those looking to try them

Fourth set (training wheels off, putting at an angle) :

Overall: Ten(35) vs Eleven(35)

One more quick set before my final meeting. What is really obvious is that I could game either of these and that I need to practice at an angle more often. With the Eleven one miss was dead center but a roll short. Just have to remember to keep the pace up.
Don’t know if my back could hold for 100 putts 🤣 let alone 200

FYI… when at a Callaway demo day, the rep mentioned that Toulon‘s would not be in that many stores or green grass accounts, moving more towards boutique offerings. It wasn’t a none, but seems like they may be a little hard to come by in the wild for those looking to try them
It makes sense. They are a niche. The people that have them love them but the normal person probably isn’t going to gravitate to them.

On one hand it's a bummer a person likely won't get to try them before buying but on the other hand I love that it makes it seem like they are going back toward their roots a bit. It makes the line feel a little more special to me.

I do wish they would make the Odyssey branding a little less front and center. Not completely of course but cut it back a bit.

It makes sense. They are a niche. The people that have them love them but the normal person probably isn’t going to gravitate to them.
Agreed, a little bummed as I’m really interested in them. It’s competition for my putter purchase I can’t hit either so I guess now it’s a fair fight.

Fifth set (training wheels off, putting at an angle) :
TEN: 7/10
ELEVEN: 7/10

Overall: Ten(41) vs Eleven(42)

Sixth set (training wheels off, putting at an angle) :

Overall: Ten(48) vs Eleven(50)

Above were the 2 sets after my last meeting. It started to get harder to make putts and I was spending more time lining up at the end. My lower back was getting tight after those sets so I stopped for a bit. I plan to try to get at least 2 more sets after I put these kids in bed. I did notice the Eleven felt a little stiffer and possibly heavier in that last set but that could all be in my head at this point.

Above were the 2 sets after my last meeting. It started to get harder to make putts and I was spending more time lining up at the end. My lower back was getting tight after those sets so I stopped for a bit. I plan to try to get at least 2 more sets after I put these kids in bed. I did notice the Eleven felt a little stiffer and possibly heavier in that last set but that could all be in my head at this point.

This is great stuff here @93civiccpe especially for those of us who like the 10 series. Seems like the 11 is a very solid option for sure and an improvement!

I saw this and just drooled. Man, this a sweet looking Toulon.

I looked for these at the PGASS today and there were none.

Back