2022 Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Srixon added to their golf ball lineup with the new Z-Star Diamond earlier this year. Z-Star Diamond is a higher compression ball designed for golfers with powerful swing speeds to find that perfect balance of speed and spin. For the golfer who does not harness that kind of speed but still wants a golf ball to be long and offer plenty of control, Srixon offers us the latest generation with the Q-Star Tour, which is available in stores today. 

2022-Srixon-Q-STAR-TOUR-Golf-Ball-1.jpeg

“The new and improved 2022 Srixon Q-STAR TOUR continues to deliver tour-caliber performance with a softer feel compared to our other tour-level offerings,” said Brian Schielke, General...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice write up @ddec Did you look at the release calendar and wonder if you’d ever get caught up? :)

Good info. Any insight when 22 version will be available in the divide model

Good info. Any insight when 22 version will be available in the divide model
Was just thinking the same thing. I just picked up the Z Star Divide. Haven't gamed it but have been putting with it in the basement.
I liked it cause I thought I wouldn't have to draw a line on the ball for putting, but I am finding the yellow and white, while standing behind the ball to line up a putt, sort of starts to look blurry and tougher to see where the colors actually split. maybe outside in the sunlight it won't be an issue.

If I’m going to play a urethane ball, odds are it’s the QST. Definitely one of my favorite balls since it’s release and I’m glad to see the line continue with an update. I have a few dozen still of the last version so as soon as that’s running low, I know what I’ll be picking up.

There are some good things to like with the QST, including price.

Thanks for the write up.

Great write-up! The Q-Star Tour are definitely on my radar as a lower cost option should I find my game in a poor place again this year. Question, in @Canadan's testing was it the 2022 version of the Tour used or was that the prior generation?

Really enjoyed playing the Q-star tour last year, especially the feel and performance I was getting from iron play. Feel is a bit soft off the putter face for my liking, but overall I think this ball performs well. Couple this with the numbers we got out of the Tech Studio the other day, and Srixon has something here!

Good write up! QST is a very good ball for the $. Started using it last year over the Z-Star to get the spin down on off the tee and it helped. I used to favor Snell but shipping charges have entered into the equasion. The QST performs very similar, is readily available and comes in divide which is a fun option.

Great write up! This has been my gamer for the past few years. Hard to beat the performance at the price point. Looking forward to playing the new version.

Always a Great ball and a Great price point! @ddec Did they keep compression the same?

Good info on a great ball. This ball fits a lot of golfers male and female out there.

great timing. was pondering buying a couple dozen of these yesterday

I really like the way the QST looks and the performance of it in the past. It sounds like it is going to be a great ball again! I must also say that I really like the packaging for the ball. Great ball at a really great price! Great write up @ddec!

The QST may be the best ball per dollar on the market today.

I've been trying other golf balls, but haven't found anything that's as good, tee to green, as the QST. It's just a good ball all around. Looking forward to trying the 22 version. Hopefully we'll see the 22 Divides soon as well.

The QST may be the best ball per dollar on the market today.
literally just said that in message to friend today! Small $2 increase from the 2022 ball, but still the best value in golf.

Dont forget the deals at fathers day then this ball is crazy cheap. (not a guarantee, but usually happens)

literally just said that in message to friend today! Small $2 increase from the 2022 ball, but still the best value in golf.

Dont forget the deals at fathers day then this ball is crazy cheap. (not a guarantee, but usually happens)
I could definitely see myself grabbing a box of these, Z-Star Diamond, and Z-Star Divide. Not maximizing the deal but a great way to try three balls I really am intrigued by. Although I do admit I can't remember if you could mix and match like that :LOL:

Still worth it for sure.

Interesting.... So softer center firmer outer core... Sounds similar to another 3 layer ball that is coming out soon. QST is a ball that I recommend to a lot of people.

Interesting.... So softer center firmer outer core... Sounds similar to another 3 layer ball that is coming out soon. QST is a ball that I recommend to a lot of people.

This is better than the asian gangsters

Back