2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

I had a second session with the Stealth Plus last night, and have enough thoughts its worth sharing them. First, I'm actually pretty impressed with it. I hit a pretty nice little set of shots last night, and three of four in a row that were some of the best of the day. It's fast, it feels good. I like it a little better than I expected, which is to say despite me doing me NOT really liking TM lately, this one is doing its level best to change some thought patterns around.

I like the deep face and large hitting area. I honestly don't really notice the red nor does it affect me in any real big way. I still don't like how TM does the titanium/carbon transition on the top line of the crown. The way the white painted driver framed the carbon kind of drives me nuts, and this one still does, but not as aggressively.

If I am being honest, Stealth won fastest ball speed, best dispersion, AND closest to the pin from 300yds out yesterday. That's hard to not make note of.

Now the dislikes - out of the toe I am seeing some weird things, like toe-hooks that drop spin and hook harder than some others. I'm a little put off by that. I took a couple of pictures that I can edit in later tonight... one was a 1200rpm toe-hook with 1180rpm side spin, hooking about 60 yds left. That one scared me. The other are a couple of bombs including best carry and closest to the pin on the day.

Finally, I hesitate to mention this because I don't like to amplify rumor. This could be bad luck coincidence, whatever. My LGS has four locations, and two stores each had two broken heads on the first day. They have not had any since. One was a thin strike that sounded like the frame cracked down low, another woman was whaling down on the ball with a lot of shaft lean and smashed it straight on the center of the face/crown/area, and broke one. Then another faster player was "just swigning along" and had one pressure crack in the frame out on the toe seam. I did not get the story on the 4th. But for what it is, apparently, it happened. Take it for whatever, sounds like the cracked crown area one was borderline abuse.

Anyway, those are my Stealth-y thoughts.
great feedback here

and totally agree with the deeper face and really not noticing the red face at address

Instant gamer! This setup is amazing with some room for improvement. These were 2 quick pics I took but overall numbers were even better than these 2 shots

0A1C73FA-5C6A-4521-B9BA-6967AA17A42E.jpeg2350CD20-5A8B-4587-9A8B-F51943AE0B20.pngB05D127E-9282-48F9-9B9B-E4A30E917A5C.jpeg4B13A6F5-7340-4722-BF25-44A42C3A0824.jpeg

I got a chance to hit a dozen balls with the Stealth+ at the PGA SS on their GC2 and was very pleased with the results and sound of the driver. I used Z Star XV's and had a pretty big draw on the first few, so I had the sliding weight moved all the way to the toe. The last few were very straight, and all went 275ish yards. I was thrilled with the Kai'li White S flex shaft at 44.5" for the small sample size. My ball speed isn't where I hope it will be once the season gets going, but I loved the 2,300-2,700 spin numbers I was getting. The sliding weight worked as advertised and my sidespin numbers were all under 50 rpm once I adjusted it. I had one bad miss that only spun 1,950rpm but all the others were in the window I like to see. I was launching it high like I do everything but I normaly play my driver at 7.5-8.0º and this one was set at 9º.

My last ball was a little above center face with near optimal results for that 147mph ball speed.

I have no idea if this driver will be a keeper at this early stage but at least I know the sound and looks are pleasing to my eye and the shaft that I already ordered (sight unseen) will at least be worthy of an extended trial.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 4.16.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Kind of want to wait until it shows up, but it's going to be hard to not go in and hit the plus this weekend with the bad weather. I keep watching this review

and that and you guys feedback is making me twitchy. I want to hit it more and try different balls with it!!

Original shipping date: Feb. 12th
Revised shipping date: Jan. 20th (!!)

I was hoping to have my Stealth driver before the next AZ THP event in February, but it looks like I’ll have it before my next round on Tuesday!! Woo hoo!!
Alas, FedEx might have teased me a little: my club did not ship last night as expected. I remain cautiously optimistic that it will ship out today.

Alas, FedEx might have teased me a little: my club did not ship last night as expected. I remain cautiously optimistic that it will ship out today.
im sure you'll get it before official release date. in the past ive usually gotten it 3-4 days early

I put one of these in the cart yesterday, didn't pull the plug yet. Have to try out my TSi2 head with the Ventus Red first. And Golf USA doesn't have the fitting cart yet. :mad:

Last edited:
Saw this Carbon Wilson driver and made me think of the stealth

1642799675622.png1642799688406.png

I probably could have found a better photo... considering I have bid on a few on eBay.
I didn't figure they where yours but dang that club is beat up. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't figure they where yours but dang that club is beat up. :ROFLMAO:

Itll be mine if my bid gets accepted! I can either pay $25 for this Carbon gem or $579 for the stealth!

Today in the simulator I put my gamer Epic Max LS against the Stealth plus.
The Epic has an Xcaliber HBL 60 TS. Both are 9.0 heads. Weight on both set to just slightly heel side
The Stealth has an Xcaliber T6 TS. an older model that will make a comeback.
After a warm up with irons I gave each club 10 swings. At times I did quick switch outs. At first the consistency of the Epic was far better. Launch was lower about 13° and spin was 2800-3000. Club speed was 106. Ball speed was mid 150s. Steady distance of just under 280. Some snuck above.
The Stealth launches far higher at 18°. Spin is down to 2400-2500. Club speed was 109. Ball speed was also higher in the high 150s. Distance wise I was steady past 280 and a high of 291. As the session went on I made a slight grip adjustment and was striping the Stealth. Straight to baby fade.
Feel wise I easily give the nod to the Stealth. But its not like the Epic has a bad feel, quite the opposite. Stealth just has a softer feel off the face. Even when I didn't find the center which you can tell by feel and sound, I lost little Distance. Quite frankly the forgiveness surprised me.
Once I got the consistency with the Stealth down, I couldn't stop hitting it. The feel and sound are about as addictive as can be.
I did swap in the10.5 Stealth plus head and other than launching just a tad higher there was little performance difference.
For me I could care less what color the face is. You can't see it at address. Over all it may be the best driver I've ever hit.
The same sentiment the Pro has who owns the shop. The best driver he has hit.
Make fun of the face all you want but do NOT over look this driver when shopping this year. 20220121_104738.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I hit the Stealth+ with Kai'li shaft again today at GG on their GC2 and actually got even better results with my ballspeed. Yesterday I maxed out at 150 mph and today I had about 7 out of 25 balls in that 152-153 range. Spin was still averaging around 2600 which is what I want to see. I'm not sure if the GC2 was calibrated differently than the one yesterday but I'm going to believe that I was just a bit faster today. I had a few that got out to 290+ yards with the roll out which is very long for me. This driver has me excited and I hope it arrives in time for my boys golf trip to AZ on Feb. 9th.

Anyone know what the rear weight numbers are for these?

Anyone know what the rear weight numbers are for these?

Sounds like it should be about 7g for the + model. There is a Trottie video on IG where he is adding hot melt and the weight he is using (being mindful of course he has access to whatever weights he wants) what looks to be 9.Xg.

Sounds like it should be about 7g for the + model. There is a Trottie video on IG where he is adding hot melt and the weight he is using (being mindful of course he has access to whatever weights he wants) what looks to be 9.Xg.

Looks right. Thanks.

I have a buddy working today. Think I'm going to drop wife off at the crystal/stone/oil/witchcraft store and go take all his heads apart and weigh stuff. :) Need to have what I need on DAY 1.

20220122_120347.jpg20220122_120407.jpg

From a Plus 9 fitting head

Some interesting head to head videos starting to surface in the interwebs….

They def just drive home the idea of getting fit…

I got to hit both models yesterday with the Hzrdus Red 6.0. I started with the regular head in 10.5 and it was really solid. BS barely fluctuated across different strikes but I was still fighting sub 2k spin toe side.

For fun I went to the + model and it was basically the same. The weight was initially set one notch heel side of center. I was about to chalk it up to a really nice head that's just too low spin for me. For grins I moved the weight full toe side and it's like I unlocked a cheat code. BS instantly jumped 2-3 and netted my highest of the day even compared to Rogue. Best off all it completely regulated spin toe side. Like a comical amount, to where I felt like I couldn't hit a bad shot. If this weren't $600 and I didn't have a unicorn driver to still hit, it would be in the bag.

This wasn't my best, but was a good representative shot.

20220121_105326.jpg

Some interesting head to head videos starting to surface in the interwebs….

They def just drive home the idea of getting fit…
Seriously. Some pretty wild differences across reviewers.

Back