2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

the guy at the store I was at today said the complete opposite for what it’s worth. Said it has been crushing in fittings and pre sales
Yea that's why I wasn't expecting what he said. I've seen more good about it than not.

fwiw, i will be getting fit for a new driver a few weeks AFTER i get my stealth. should be fun.

edit - and B.T.W.

Capture.JPG

My ball speed was currently right in that 148-153 last time I hit the Stealth+, and moving the weight all the way to the toe also gave me the best results. I've hit only the Kai'li shaft with the head set at 9º and saw a big change after moving the weight from center to toe position. I'm super excited for mine to arrive so I can tweak the shaft and settings. :)
That's great to hear. Keep us updated. It really was amazing how much that toe weight helped. It makes me want to revisit Sim as a more budget option.

@OldandStiff @radiman

9 point robotic testing

Color me unsurprised that they found minimal drop off for my miss (center high). That it excelled there, actually. I've been saying that to people from the first time I hit it. It has been very consistent for my strike pattern.

Color me unsurprised that they found minimal drop off for my miss (center high). That it excelled there, actually. I've been saying that to people from the first time I hit it. It has been very consistent for my strike pattern.
When you make a good ball strike with both, how would the Stealth Plus compare to you TSi3 with respect to launch, spin and ball speed?

I got it to open on my phone. They’re saying in robot testing, a 2mph ball speed increase across the face.

Unrelated: watched a video from them comparing the SM8 to the SM9. They talked about how it spun way more. Funny, they hadn’t cleaned the face/grooves of the SM8 and they were shocked at getting 4000’ish spin. First swing with the clean SM9? Double the spin. No kidding…

I got it to open on my phone. They’re saying in robot testing, a 2mph ball speed increase across the face.

Unrelated: watched a video from them comparing the SM8 to the SM9. They talked about how it spun way more. Funny, they hadn’t cleaned the face/grooves of the SM8 and they were shocked at getting 4000’ish spin. First swing with the clean SM9? Double the spin. No kidding…
I watched what I thought was the video you're talking about, but remember it a little differently. I thought pretty much all the ones that guy was hitting were spinning low and it seemed like a quad issue to me.

Regardless, a wedge demo doesn't change that I've seen exactly what they said they saw on the center high strikes with this.

I watched what I thought was the video you're talking about, but remember it a little differently. I thought pretty much all the ones that guy was hitting were spinning low and it seemed like a quad issue to me.

Regardless, a wedge demo doesn't change that I've seen exactly what they said they saw on the center high strikes with this.

On the little 70yd shot was one part. The next was full swing and he was hitting 105ish carry with the 8 and I saw the 4k spin and thought that had to be wrong. Then they referenced it in the SM9 full swing.

On the little 70yd shot was one part. The next was full swing and he was hitting 105ish carry with the 8 and I saw the 4k spin and thought that had to be wrong. Then they referenced it in the SM9 full swing.
Yeah none of those numbers seemed right to me.

Yeah none of those numbers seemed right to me.
Right? 56 degree and you’re getting 8k spin? That.. well, okay. At least you saw an improvement?

When you make a good ball strike with both, how would the Stealth Plus compare to you TSi3 with respect to launch, spin and ball speed?
I'll answer that better when mine gets here and I can just swap my main shaft back and forth. Set them up a little more similarly. My TSi3 setup with my Ventus is tipped and slightly countered with extra weight at the back of the head. It's its own thing in a way and delivers a little differently.

Part of the reason I'm open to changing drivers this year though is that I have seen good speeds with it, spin hasn't been too low, and results with my miss on the face have been good. My instinct is that my beloved TSi3 might get beat just a bit this year, along with my ball, but time will tell. No, actually, I can pretty pretty much say already that my ball is on its way out. Need a couple weeks with the driver on course to get a feel for true playing potential though.

And my 💎 is buying it for me, so I will make every effort to dial it in. I'll still be honest about how it compares though. To YOU guys. Lol

I just got notice that my order has been pushed back from February 8 to March 24. I am going to call customer service to see what is causing the delay, but in all likelihood, I am going to cancel. I still love my TSi3 and after getting superb numbers, ordered the Callaway Max LS. I was having buyer’s remorse about ordering two drivers anyway, but was so interested in trying the new Stealth. This will be a good reason to stop the insanity, LOL.

I just got notice that my order has been pushed back from February 8 to March 24. I am going to call customer service to see what is causing the delay, but in all likelihood, I am going to cancel. I still love my TSi3 and after getting superb numbers, ordered the Callaway Max LS. I was having buyer’s remorse about ordering two drivers anyway, but was so interested in trying the new Stealth. This will be a good reason to stop the insanity, LOL.
No no no stay strong!!! What setup did you order?

I did stock setup on MyStealth and its showing Feb8th still. The hybrid and 3w are already packaged waiting to go

I may have just bought a 10.5 stealth+ head on eBay bc im impatient...... oops

traded in my other driver so havent had one in 2 weeks.

No no no stay strong!!! What setup did you order?

I did stock setup on MyStealth and its showing Feb8th still. The hybrid and 3w are already packaged waiting to go
My setup was with a Graphite Design AD HD shaft and an Align grip. That is one of the reasons I am going to call. If it is the grip, for example, no issue. I would change the grip.

My setup was with a Graphite Design AD HD shaft and an Align grip. That is one of the reasons I am going to call. If it is the grip, for example, no issue. I would change the grip.
yea ive learned from experience, especially the past year, to just order stock grip and change it later. Id have to think the AD HD is available. Its gotta be a grip issue

yea ive learned from experience, especially the past year, to just order stock grip and change it later. Id have to think the AD HD is available. Its gotta be a grip issue
After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, I was able to talk to a customer service rep. It is the shaft that has become unavailable. He offered to change the shaft, but I have now shifted my fairway and hybrids to this shaft and was kind of excited to play all of the same shafts in those clubs this year. I realize that other shafts would deliver the same performance or close enough that a hacker like me would never know the difference, but I am OCD about golf clubs enough that it would now bother me to have the shaft in three other clubs and not my driver. So, a tough decision has to be made, LOL.

After waiting on hold for 30 minutes, I was able to talk to a customer service rep. It is the shaft that has become unavailable. He offered to change the shaft, but I have now shifted my fairway and hybrids to this shaft and was kind of excited to play all of the same shafts in those clubs this year. I realize that other shafts would deliver the same performance or close enough that a hacker like me would never know the difference, but I am OCD about golf clubs enough that it would now bother me to have the shaft in three other clubs and not my driver. So, a tough decision has to be made, LOL.
there are some decent prices on eBay for AD HD..... have you tried AD IZ? they're very similar. On paper AD HD has a slightly stiffer midsection but when I tried both I had more success with AD IZ which is weird for me since its technically a softer playing shaft

Got to hit this today. I hate to admit it but I was impressed. Considering I am completely out of golf shape, and was in work shoes with no glove, this is pretty good for me. Also in a 9 degree head when I would definitely be in a 10.5

View attachment 9062807
Why do you hate to admit it? It’s an impressive driver. I think it looks and sounds/feels better than the Rogue ST line. I haven’t hit the Cobra yet. I was seeing about 2 mph higher avg BS with Stealth plus- granted different shafts. Spin negligible between LS and plus, virtually same. Both performed well on off center strikes. I really liked the stealth+ high center, high center toe side- bombs for days on that miss. Sound and feel really reminded me of a hotmelted M2, which is one of the best drivers ever.

Why do you hate to admit it? It’s an impressive driver. I think it looks and sounds/feels better than the Rogue ST line. I haven’t hit the Cobra yet. I was seeing about 2 mph higher avg BS with Stealth plus- granted different shafts. Spin negligible between LS and plus, virtually same. Both performed well on off center strikes. I really liked the stealth+ high center, high center toe side- bombs for days on that miss. Sound and feel really reminded me of a hotmelted M2, which is one of the best drivers ever.

Mainly because earlier in the thread I said I was not a fan of it (before hitting it), and second I am not a big TM guy at heart. I'm committed to playing what's best for me however, and will give this one a shot when I do my full fitting against all the other options.

Back